4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I've been using these for years and had them in every shade as I changed hair color. I found it easy to get a solid match for every hair color I was, save for celtic ginger maybe. They're nothing miraculous, I mean in that it's just a basic pen, but they do a very good job. They last forever even though you have to keep sharpening them, whereas certain twist ups last me no more than two weeks. Staying power is great. Unless you touch your brows, it'll stay put all day. I paid a lot more for stuff that smeared, nibs that kept crumbling, and even a dark brown browpen which turned cherry red minutes after application. Applies easily, evenly, doesn't tug at the skin and causes no irritation. If they could make this same thing with an ultra fine nib for precision hair strokes (for those of us who have to literally paint on brow hair which we don't have), it would be the dream. Cruelty free brand.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 months ago

I've been using this Essence brow pencil for a few years now and cannot remember who recommended it to me, but I am grateful! For the Canadians reading this, it's still available at Shoppers Drug Marts across Canada. #04 (Ash) Blonde is the perfect shade for me.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

3 months ago

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's taken me years to find the perfect colour for my strawberry blonde eyebrows - NYX, Maybelline, Clinique, MAC... The list goes on. Everything was either too dark, too orange, or too grey. 05 Soft Blonde is IT. Warm enough to match the warm tones in my brows but not straight up orange. Dark enough to give definition without looking drawn on. Texture-wise, it walks that perfect line of being soft enough to go on easily with decent pigment but not smearing all over the place. It stays on all day too, even on my oily skin. Normally I'd complain about having to sharpen the pencil as it wastes product, but for this price I don't care. It's ridiculously cheap considering how good it is and even with sharpening one of these lasts me about 6 months. I've gone through one already, my second is worn down to a nub, and I've got a backup in my drawer.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

7 months ago

I have gone through at least a dozen of these gems. I buy this in shade 04- Blonde. The shade is the perfect light ash brown. It is buildable and you can't go wrong with using a lot. The color is long lasting. I apply at 9 am and it's still looking great by 10 pm. No oily smearing. The pencil formula is more for "shading in" than drawing fine eyebrow hairs. The brush on the cap isn't really useful but for 1.99 at Ulta, it's truly a steal. Will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

HairBlond

7 months ago

Incredible how this performs glides on very easy, comes in natural colors, lasts for a very long time and has a fair value 😂 Just kidding, fantastic! https://youtu.be/NGhRUMW-aGQ

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I have this in 04 blonde, and if I’m looking for a bit of a darker brow I use a bit of the dark brown shade only on the ends. It works incredibly well, and I’ve been repurchasing this for over five years now! I’ve even tried higher end products and brow pomades, but I find that I just like using a pencil more because it’s less finicky. My eyebrows have been on a bit of an adventure and rather than going crazy with my tweezers I’ve opted to just shave off the tail because I like to change around the shape every now and then, and they grow back quickly so there’s no consequence. With that being said, I have to draw on my brows everyday or I risk looking like Spock, and this pencil has been a godsend for making the process quick. Any mistakes are quickly gone with a little bit of concealer to make them look more clean. My brows always last the entire day too!!! The only shade I don’t really like is the lightest one, which when I last bought it it was called ‘soft blonde’. It was just too light for me and i found myself frustrated trying to apply it. Other than that, I highly recommend these!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

So this actually surprised me because it was actually pretty decent, it glides on my brows pretty well and the price is great so yeah I would recommend giving it a try... although sharpening it is a big of an issue ???? and it doesn't come with a spoolie but yeah it's just a brow pencil I guess

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

For $1.99 for a pencil who wouldn't be tempted to try this brow pencil! This is not a twist up pencil, you have to sharpen this one yourself. The brush on the end is not particularly useful when you have sparser brows (and still far less useful than a spoolie). Those aside, my only real complaint about the product is the lack of color options. There are a total of three shades. The darkest shade I tried was not quite dark enough for me and was too red and warm for my skin tone or to match my hair. Other than this the pencil is good quality and holds up well. I cannot recommend this for anyone who has dark hair, but I would recommend it to blondes or lighter brunettes.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I have 04 Blonde more on cool side. Works better than more expensive pencils. A steal at $1.99 at Ulta. This and the Elf pencil too good of. Bargain!

About reviewer (519 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Great cheapie that will enhance your eyebrows. Only downside? Sometimes it keeps breaking when I sharpen it, which gets annoying. But I don't think I will stray from this, as it is a great little product and the colour suits me.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35