Conair Infiniti Spin Air Brush

Conair Infiniti Spin Air Brush
Infiniti Spin Air Brush

on 1/23/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I had heard about this tool and wondered if it would be a lot easier to handle than a blow dryer and the brush. There is definitely a learning curve on this one. It does require some getting use to. Especially figuring out the direction of the spin. And if the sole purpose of your dryer is when you use it with a brush, then you can definitely replace with this spin brush. The dryer on this brush heats up pretty hot. The way I like to use it is at 90% dry and just like a styler. Section off and use this brush to dry and straighten. I don't let the spinner work consistenly, but use it in bursts of spin, that lets the hair cling onto the brush and give good tension. It gives great flips to the ends of your hair. I typically have 2c kind of thick curly hair. It gave me straight, smooth, frizz free hair just as the box promises. I can typically do a great blow out with just a brush and dryer, however the conair does not necessarily save me more time, but i feel maybe it gives it more bounce than just a regular dryer. I got it for $30 using a discount code, but at the regular price too, I think this product is great for those that arent' able to handle a dryer/brush technique. I may not repurchase only because I do great with the dryer/bruch, but will enjoy using it until then.

on 1/7/2015 9:47:00 PM

I love it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an AMAZING tool! I have 3A curly hair, and A LOT of it! Its so thick and layered and impossible to style! I had a $175 blow dryer that I was using, and I had to use the straightener after I used it. This is SO much easier than the blow dryer, and I usually don't have to straighten my hair after I dry it! I usually just slightly dry my slightly damp hair with my other blow dryer, and then go through it with this brush! It comes out so perfect, its almost like I have gotten a blow out! Its lasted me for about 2 years now, and if it breaks I am definitely buying it again!

The only issue I'm starting to have is that I feel this product encourages split ends. My hair is getting damaged quicker than when I only used a blow dryer. I'll update later if I find out more!

on 10/10/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think this is a very useful tool, but this particular brand - model is probably not the best.
The handle/barrel is too big for my hands and the bristles are get damaged to easily.
I will not return this because at $40 is cheaper than other brands, and I don't plan to use it very often to justify investing more. I will see how it goes and if I get enough use out of this over next one year, will go for an expensive model.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this. It makes styling my hair so easy. I have curly shoulder length hair and I wait until my hair is 75% dry and section it off to style. If this broke I would have another one before the day was out. I recommend purchasing from Amazon as it is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product did not work for my long hair. I have long layered curly hair, and felt that the brush tangled my hair and it did not heat up enough. I am a big fan of Conair but this particular product was not for me.

on 7/8/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Holy crap do i love this thing. So many compliments on my hair. So freaking easy. Fast as all get out (i use when 80-90% dry). I don't think i can ever go back. My hair: thick, short (ish), borderline wavy

I just bought this item today, after running into it at Target. It was on sale for $40 so I really could not say no. Earlier this week I bought Helen of Troy's hot air brush (doesn't spin) and honestly Conair's is so much better. Not only does it actually spin so that you don't have to feed it your hair, you can change the directions of the spinning brush. It heats up a fair amount, it doesn't get too hot. And you should dry your hair a bit before you use it, it makes it a lot easier and quicker to use.
It took me maybe half an hour to completely style my hair with it, and that was just for my first time. I'm sure time would be cut in half by the time I get used to it. I have very thin hair, that just passes my shoulders, and is naturally curly and fluffy, so to get a nice blow out is always a bonus.
I recommend this product to anyone who blow dries their hair, or just anyone in general.
My hair didn't even knot while I used it, and it has never been so smooth from a blow out.
I hope this helps.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product has cut my styling time in half -- where normally it takes over an hour to set my (very flat and fine) hair into curlers, this does the same job in roughly 10 minutes, plus it adds extra volume at the roots. You should definitely use it conjunction with a serum/heat protectant -- I've alternated between the Enjoy serum, the Potion No. 9 styling spray, and the Alterna bamboo strand plumping -- the spin brush works well with all of them. Your hair does need to be around 80% dry before you use it -- it's not really a pure hair dryer, more just a styling tool. If you have very short hair (less than chin length) it might not be that effective. Watch some tutorials on YouTube; it might seem a bit awkward at first but it will eventually become second nature.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not terrible at styling my hair. Well... Maybe I am. I have no patience and rely on appliances rather than personal technique. For instance, if I want volume at the crown I'm more likely to reach for Velcro rollers than a round brush and blow dryer. If I want curls I'd rather slap in Caruso steam rollers than fidget with a curling iron.

Thus, the Conair rotating brush fits right into my lifestyle. I can let my hair mostly air dry, then instead of fighting with my dryer and round brushes, I can get blowout results with this gadget--one handed!

I wish it got a little hotter to deal quickly with cowlicks or stubborn waves, but the corollary is that you can keep spinning the brush over stubborn areas until they're beaten into submission, without heat-damaging your hair.

What I really, really, really wish is that they made this with a smaller barrel. This monster is great for long hair, but I recently cut mine to shoulder-length with tons of shorter layers, and this doesn't work so well on the shortest top layers. I'd sell my grandma for a one or 1.5 inch rotating barrel hot air brush.

I initially balked at paying $50 for this, so found it cheaper on eBay and took the plunge. Now that I've had it for a year or so, I'd gladly pay full price if I ever had to replace it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools