Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

3.5

on 4/5/2016 12:47:00 AM

This is one of my favorite casual fragrances, mostly worn on weekends, vacations, etc.

On me, this comes off as sandalwood, vanilla with a hint of pepper (or a soft spice fragrance), the scent is almost musky and very light and a tad scent of cotton or baby powder but nothing overpowering.

I agree with so many other reviewers, it either works with your body chemistry or it doesn't. A few years back, my son's girlfriend at the time, absolutely loved this fragrance and would use it when she came to the house. On her, the fragrance dried down a bit spicier than on me. It was still a beautiful fragrance but you would never believe that we were both wearing the same perfume. I have had other people tell me that on them, this dried down to a chemical like smell, proving that it smells different on everyone.

on 4/5/2016 12:21:00 AM

My mother-in-law bought this for me a couple of Christmases back because the Estee Lauder counterperson advised that it was popular with the younger girls (I was 32 at the time, so not super young). Not sure if that was a sales pitch because no one is particularly fond of this fragrance whenever I wear it. Bless MIL, she did suggest I could exchange it at Macy's if it didn't work out, but I felt compelled to keep it and I try to wear it whenever I'm around her.

This comes off as extremely baby powdery with a slight bit of woodsy floral. I've actually had a couple of people around me exclaim, "Who smells like baby powder?!" when I've worn it. One of my friends said it was "interesting," when I asked for her opinion of it - which I wouldn't consider a positive thing, ha ha.

I will say that it is quite long lasting and aroma morphs into something less powdery and bearable throughout the day. I'll spritz this fragrance on if I'm running errands or something casual. Thankfully, I'm almost done with the bottle. Maybe this fragrance just didn't work well with my body chemistry but I think it's one of those rarely talked about fragrances because it's not especially flattering or stunning for most people.

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/31/2016 10:35:00 PM

This is an ideal year 'round perfume and one of my favourites. The soft musk and sandalwood give it a subtle depth for winter, and the coconut and floral (bergamot features) make it bright enough for spring/summer, too The dry-down is a fresh, powerdery but warm, 'your skin but better' scent. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who likes their EDP with a rich sillage, as it's not a perfume that screams its presence, yet I do find this lingers for days on t-shirts and lingerie and lasts mid afternoon (about 6 hours) before needing a top-up.

on 10/29/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Honeyed coconut and baby powder on me. Poor longevity, sub par sillage, behaves like a skinscent. Reminds me a bit of Bronze Goddess, which I have and which I find is a better, more dynamic, longer lasting performer. And that's not saying much as I don't love BG, either.
Delicate, safe, and to me, boring. Not an ugly scent by any means, but I'm not impressed.

on 10/26/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Big disappointment. Two things I didn't like about this fragrance:

First, it smells like a whole bunch of other fragrances. I mean a WHOLE bunch. Check one ingredient from column A, one from column B, etc.

Second, and more specifically, many people think that there's a certain off-putting "something" about Avon fragrances. I can see where they get that, and I'll raise it: there's a certain off-putting "something," to me, in certain Lauder fragrances - specifically White Linen, Cinnabar, Youth Dew, and - yup - this one. I don't know what it is but it's an unpleasant, underlying sharpness; another reviewer mentioned cat pee, and while I won't quite go there (although I won't argue with that), whatever this ingredient is just detracts from the specific blend of the scent.

I SO wanted to like this because I could wear the original "Sensuous" every day for the rest of my life and die happy and I had hopes for a skin version of that, not that I'd need it under those circumstances! But this one, no. Not at all.

Lovely creamy musk scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Spritzing this into the air, this smells, as the name says ~ Sensuous. The SA said, "I'm wearing Senuous Nude." Too bad this didn't work with my body chemistry the same as it did with the SA's.

Applied to my wrists, and the sandalwood and amber made a soft appearance on my skin. However, dry down turned into a bitter, almost cat pee like aroma.

Rating this with three lippies, because with the right body chemistry for this fragrance, Sensuous Nude will smell as soft and lovely on the person as it does when spritzed into the air.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

A lovely fragrance which seems to change with the weather, been sweet fresh honey amber on a warm day and warm with sandalwood on a cool day.
I find Sensuous Nude is suitable for anytime, all seasons and to any occasion.
Its mood lifting, smooth, soothing and comforting. Been well tolerated by others who happen to catch a whiff while you're in their close proximity.
This scent reminds me of Exclamation by Coty. I've not compared them side by side though.
Sensuous Nude stays close to the skin not projecting much and lasting only a few hours so freshening up a few times a day is needed. It does last on the clothing for a whole day or more though.
I enjoy this scent very much and find myself selecting it to use for weeks at a time without using any of my other scents, so I can firmly say that this is one of my absolute favorites.

on 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I keep coming back to this fragrance. Its perfect for the summer and its also great all year long, day or night. the first notes that hit you are soft warm woods and a spritz of citrus. Then its all floral from there, mostly rose and white flowers. I also can smell powder notes. The coconut notes, to my nose, are quite faint. This is a categorized as a warm/summer/beach perfume, but it's not an in-your-face beach/summer perfume. It is like, you can see or smell the the coast/beach, but it's far away; a touch of the beach or a memory. I dont like the staying power, it lacks for an EDP. Layered with lotion will give you some more time. It is also not your cheapest perfume.The largest size was If I can recall, $112USD in Frankfurt airport. I dont like the cap of this either it's hard to come off; Every time I want to open it I think I will rip the nozzle off as well. This is my favorite from the Sensuous perfumes. Beautiful, soft, warm, and touch of sand&sun.

on 3/6/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance so much and I had no idea I would even like it. It's got a different feel to it than most deep fragrances from the brand. It's very tropical but its sensual at the same time. It's one of those unique fragrances that I have not smelled before.

It comes off on me in coconut, vanilla, sandalwood, gardenia, and a slight bergamont scent. I smell a tinge of honey. It's so nice and does give me the impression of something beachy but not. Like a subtle sexy beach, a nude beach! HA! Anyway, I love this fragrance and like it more than the original.

Top notes: Bergamont, mandarin orange, pepper, and pink pepper.
Middle Notes: Musk, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Coconut, and White honey
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Blonde Woods, and Heliotrope.

Popular Fragrances