BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Straight up: I don't usually wear mascara.

In my 25 years on this planet I've never found a mascara that didn't turn into the BP oil spill on my undereye area. Despite all my efforts, mascaras just weren't for me. UNTIL THIS BAD BOY.

I got this as a gift, alongside a number of Benefit goodies but let me tell you that this mascara actually made my otherwise sparse and barely-there lashes full and visible. I didn't even need eyeliner! No smudging, no budging, no melting.

This is it. This is my holy grail mascara. 10/10 would repurchase.

on 8/16/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I just finished my first tube of this mascara. I really love it. This stuff stayed on my lashes for HOURS without running...I would easily get 14+ hours of use out of this, and when taking it off at the end of the day, my wipes would come out full of mascara. Very rarely flaked. The only thing I wish is for a bit more volumizing...I have naturally long lashes, but they're not very thick, so I was hoping this would make them a bit thicker. That is my one criticism, but it's worth it just for the confidence of knowing that this stuff wasn't going to end up all over my face. I will definitely come back to this one.

To Read all 2286 Reviews, Login or Join

I've been searching for my HG mascara for over a year now, and I might have finally come as close as I'm going to get! After months of reading reviews (the good, the bad, and the ugly) on all of the most popular mascaras, I finally caved and stopped into my local Sephora. I figured that with the money I'd spent on 3 different disappointing drug store mascaras over 3 months I could have saved myself some trouble and tried this one. At first use, I was happy with the results, but I wasn't necessarily blown away. However, after using this mascara for about a week, I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. I have somewhat sparse, very straight eyelashes that don't hold a lot of curl. It seemed like it took a few times for them to get with the program, but now I can say that I've gotten great results. They're visibly thicker, longer, and a bit curlier. My only complaint is that the formula is a bit difficult to get off, and the wand is a little big which can lead to making a mess if you aren't careful. In the end, I'd rather spend more time getting it off than worrying that it's flaking throughout the day. Most mascaras make my eyelashes fall out all over the place, and make my eyes super itchy, but this worked well and I haven't had any eye irritation. I would definitely recommend it or buy it again.

on 8/12/2016 2:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have pretty mixed reviews on this mascara. This was part of a gift set, but is about £20, hence why I wouldn't repurchase, as I believe drugstore mascaras do just as well. Anyway, I didn't care for this at all at first, but I found once it dried up a bit, it applied nicely. It's a good mascara. I have short, straight lashes and small eyes, so my mascara needs to do a fair amount. It has nice length and volume, although not much curl. It's also very black, which is something I like. However, as others have mentioned, it is hard to remove, but I do not get any flaking with this product. I get a small amount of flaking with this product, but I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes during the day, so it's partly my own fault. It's also not clumpy, which is also a positive. It is a decent mascara, but it's not amazing and not worth the price in my opinion. I am a firm believer that the drugstore does fantastic mascaras so unless I was gifted this, I probably wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have mixed emotions about this mascara. It gives my lashes a curl that lasts all day, separates them, and is very black. It gives me those beautiful lush lashes that I've always wanted to have naturally. I also really like the wand on this. It hugs all my lashes and gets really close to the lashline. And that's where my love ends. This stuff goes on and stays like war paint. The removal of this is atrocious. It takes multiple cleansings, and lotion to remove. And I still wake up with more the next day under my eyes. And yet when I'm wearing this, it smudges horribly where my lashes hit just below my brow bone. The last straw was when the owner of my company came in. We we're talking, having a quick meeting. I go to the bathroom after, and there it is - a huge smudge of black under my brow bone. Ugh... I can't even tell you how embarrassed I was. I don't get it? How can this be so hard to remove, yet smudges all day? Nevertheless I threw this out and won't repurchase. Which is sad because I love everything else about this mascara. And for reference I don't not have very oily lids. No I will not repurchase and definitely do not recommend for very oily lids.

on 8/10/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I naturally have long,thick eyelashes and I was looking for a mascara to make them stand out even more. Seems like I found it! Benefit's 'They're Real!' made my eyelashes seem longer and more volumized and it also enriched them with an intense black colour. The tiny 'ball' on the edge of the applicator helps you apply mascara to your bottom lashes without any accidents! Definitely one of my favorites!

on 8/9/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm not a huge fan of this mascara. I have tried the sample size tube, and the full size. I wasn't impressed with either.

It wasn't too wet, the smell was just a little gross, and my lashes were a clumpy sticky mess. They flaked, and I got the dreaded mascara under my eyes.

This was better than the Bad Gal variety, but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I really liked this mascara. As with all other high end mascaras I have used recently (except for maybe Lancome) the mascara lasted a long time. More or less 3 months with daily use. It was now getting quite dry and because of that it was unpleasant to use, yet still giving reasonable results!

I did not care for the special wand which I played with in the first few uses but then forgot about it and used it as normal wand. I also do not care for the exaggerated claims or the slightly tacky name and the picture of the woman with the fake boobs. Although I do appreciate the irony of it all.

The packaging was pretty enough and it stayed pretty for the whole time. Did not fade terribly. My only complaint is that it has smudged a little when it rained heavily or when it got very hot, yet it is hard to remove! I suppose I expected it to last as well as Roller Lash, my favourite Benefit mascara.

It is difficult to tell how it affected my lashes because they are already dark, lung and naturally curled. However, I can say I saw a good effect and my lashes were definitely more voluminous and darker. I don't tend to achieve good results with cheap mascaras but this one gives nice results. No spider effect whatsoever. Nice stuff!

It is nice but not amazing and for that reason I am unlikely to repurchase.

Hello MakeupAlley,

Grrrrrrr...to this mascara! For once I would love to shell out some of my hard earned cash on a "high-end" product and just R.A.V.E about it!!! It's absolutely frustrating as a consumer! I CAN'T be the only one who desperately has had ENOUGH of the bs hype! Let's see this "HE" mascara had a total of 3.4 lipsticks. Lancome Hypnose Star mascara had 3.4 lipsticks. As for the"Drugstore Brand" mascara's, Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes received 3.4 lipsticks and Loreal Voluminous mascara received 3.6 lipsticks. I'm pretty sure that you can see where I'm going with this review!! A "High-end" mascara is supposed to have better quality, it's supposed to preform better than, the wand has to be absolutely easy to use and you don't wear mascara on your eyelids or have it run down your cheeks, irritate your eye's, dry up faster, holds a curl, have a tar smell to it, clump up, flake off, have longer than long and thicker than thick lashes, and well.. out perform ANY to ALL.."Drugstore Brand's", ect.. ESPECIALLY with the amount of hilarious and hideous CASH That's Being Thrown Out to All these fancy shmamcy Store's!! I Mean, ENOUGH ALREADY! I'm sorry, BUT when a "Drugstore Brand" gives you the same or even BETTER Quality, At A Cheaper Price..What Mascara Would YOU Purchase?! What Mascara Brand's Would YOU Give Up On?! .... NOT everyone has the money to shell out like it was candy, to pay these insane prices! It takes a few paychecks to save up and then buy a product that doesn't hold up, doesn't do what it claims, and then you are pretty much cured of ever buying a "High-end" Product EVER AGAIN!! Quality doesn't mean "high-end". Sadly! That's MY take on it. This product fell flat, it didn't do what it claimed to do, ect. And the next time I feel like giving money away.. I will donate to Charity! At least I KNOW where my hard earned money goes to!!!

on 7/30/2016 8:04:00 AM

This is another one of those mascaras that don't live up to their hype (I'm looking at you, Maybelline Great Lash). The brush (with the ball tip) made it easy to coat the lashes without clumps but as a mascara, it failed me in the lengthening and volumising departments. I curl my lashes before applying mascara but I found that after putting on this mascara, it would just straighten out the curl I made with my eyelash curler. I think there are much better mascaras out there that are much cheaper as well.