BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara is so disappointing. I would suggest you to get Benefit Roller Lash if you have straight eyelashes instead of getting this one.

on 8/4/2017 9:47:00 PM

This mascara is almost purely a luxury, and my personal favorite of the luxury brands. Definitely better than the two faced's "Better than sex" mascara. If don't believe what YouTube videos on the comparison of the two.

What don't like is the formula dries out fast usually about two months after purchasing it, and you will need a base coat of a thickening mascara to get false lash effect. It's very expensive to be using on a daily basis, and I get the same effect with using two drugstore mascaras (both waterproof great lash, and full'n soft). That being said I do have naturally long lashes that touch my brows after curling them so I personally need allot of help for my mascara.

What I like is the wand. It fans out your lashes, doesn't clump, and even won't clump while adjusting lash setting angles. I even wash the wand after running of the mascara formula. The tear drop end really helps with coating the ends of lash without clumping. Tip: to use the tear drop for best results you should hold the wand vertical not horizontal, and do it after you've already have your full base coating. Another thing I love about this mascara is that the formula is very very waterproof (sweat proof, oily skin proof, smudge proof). Which can also make it difficult to fully remove.

I would buy it again as a treat.

on 7/27/2017 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty good mascara. It definitely goes on clump free and brings out the tiniest lashes. That being said, I took off a lippie because as other reviewers have said, it is hard to get off of your lashes at the end of the day.

on 7/24/2017 12:11:00 AM

This mascara was the worse purchase I've ever made. I'm pretty sure not all of these were like this or if I just got a bad product but this gave me styes. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's pretty much a bump that's formed by bacteria on your eye; mine formed on my waterline. They were very painful and I bought it brand new, sealed, and I've never had any issues with styes before. They only formed everytime I used the mascara. Even with the styes aside, it was very heavy on my eyelashes and caused a lot of eyelash loss. Ever since I threw it away my lashes have been better off. Sorry benefit. I will admit that it made my eyelashes appear way longer though, but the lash loss and 7 styes were not worth it.

on 7/16/2017 9:15:00 AM

At first I was really happy about this mascara. But after a while it lost its' charm. It started to smudge and whenever I wore it I realised at the end of the day the mascara has lost its' effect. I definitely don't recommend it since it is considerably expensive.

on 7/10/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I REALLY love this mascara,especially bc of the end wand for those little lashes we can't reach...EVERYTHING you see on the package is accurate and delivers excellent pigment and long lashes...so no CONS except...each time i use i have to take a wipe and roll several times to get the excess that i can't already get off in the bottle,bc it's VERY clumpy...but as long as you do that then your set! I'm surprised at the overall review on this tbh bc iv worn this ALL summer everyday jst about and had zero issues..It is a bit pricy but iv had the same bottle over 4mo and not even close to being halfway out and I'm heavy with both my eyeliner and mascara so imo ..worth every penny xo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is easily the best mascara range (see below) I’ve ever used. Because I know to discard mascaras after they’ve been open >3 months, I buy several of the travel size in the regular formula in Black. At $22 for the full size and $10-14 for the travel (at the “impulse buy”/travel size counters just before the registers at Sephora or Ulta, it’s a no-brainer). I always keep a separate makeup bag stocked with travel sizes—or even samples—of the products I use at home to hold down baggage weight and save space. I travel at least overnight an average of 2-3x/month. If I have to toss a $14 mascara after 3 months, it isn’t as painful as tossing a $22 one. And I keep one in my purse too.

It is far and away better than any Maybelline, L’Oreal, Eyeko, Almay, Revlon, Rimmel, “natural” brands, private label, or even Lancome (Definicils had been my prior go-to before I received this as a sample gift) I’ve tried. Goes on easily, brush shape gets the corner lashes w/o smudging, lengthens and adds curl, doesn’t clump, and lasts all day w/o flaking. It has never irritated my eyes. Takes a few remover pads to remove completely at bedtime, but better that than having it run down my face during a rainstorm or workout. (Yeah, I wear mascara to the gym. Concealer, eyebrow-filler and lip balm too. Don’t judge. At 66, leaving the house with an unenhanced face isn’t an option). No need to apply two coats or a primer first, much less add falsies.

But the “They’re Real” mascara I adore is the Tinted Lash Primer, which comes in a realistic brown. Why do I prefer it to the regular black version? Because I have very long lashes that curl easily w/o using a curler, and the black version—while it looks terrific—takes longer to dry and (like most other brands) leaves traces on my eyeglass lenses, the lower part of my browbone above the crease, and when I blink, beneath my eyes--unless I wear a tissue above the lid and below the eye for at least 5 minutes. (Not gonna happen). But the Primer dries very quickly and enhances my lashes as well as some other brands’ regular mascaras do (and better than Maybelline Great Lash Clear, which looks great wet but does nothing when it dries), and still looks natural at that. It is now my daytime (and casual evening) mascara. Same price as the regular “They’re Real” mascara. Only wish that it, too, came in travel size. I always order one extra, to hold in reserve once the first one either “expires” or runs out. And I suspect this is one I will use up long before its 3 months are up.

Only the price (more expensive than all but the Lancome) and lack of a travel size in the primer keep me from giving this five “lipsticks” across the board.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this mascara in a Birchbox and at first I was absolutely smitten with the way it made my lashes look. It adds great length and volume, and I actually like using the spiky tip of the brush to lengthen the outer corners of my lashes (usually I find those types of brushes annoying). This mascara really does give an amazing look to the lashes.
That being said, I won't be repurchasing for a couple reasons: 1) It's expensive. I firmly believe that you can get as good a mascara as this at the drugstore. And 2) It's a pain to get off. Even though this mascara isn't waterproof, it acts like one when I try to remove it. Even with double cleansing with an oil-based remover, I still have mascara rings left under my eyes and I feel like I have to be harsh on my lashes to get this product off.
If that doesn't bother you, then the look this mascara gives might be worth it to you. For me it isn't, so I'll be finishing up this tube and moving on to greener pastures.

on 7/6/2017 6:33:00 PM

I've been through several tubes of this now. It's an all around good mascara, no matter what your lash challenges are. I would for sure repurchase this (as I have already done so many times).

on 6/28/2017 7:04:00 PM

It's my favorite mascara because it's really easy to build up into a dramatic look for certain days or keep kinda natural

Popular Mascaras