BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I love this product. I've tried a lot of mascara, but this one is by far the best.

on 12/8/2016 10:23:00 AM

Well, I really wanted to love this mascara, but it's just meh. I have long, thin eye lashes, so I like a mascara that will give me a good volume and separation. Don't get me wrong, it's got a great jet black color, it does add some length and volume, but if I try to build it up, it looks spidery. Just like other users said - also very difficult to get off and I still have remnants of it the next morning.
I personally get better results with Maybelline Lash sensational Intense Black mascara, for half the price. So once I'm finished with this, I won't be repurchasing.
(I'm still mourning the discontinued Lash Stylist. Bring it back Maybelline!)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fan of Benefit Cosmetic. However this mascara is not as great as I expected, not as great as what they advertised. The brush is not comfortable compare to the drugstore brand and the result is not 'wouw'. I always need a cotton bud after applying this mascara to clean the the area of my eyes.

I think it's the best mascara I've tried (and I've tried from luxury brands to drugstore ones). It separates my lashes, doesn't smudge and hold the curl.

on 11/24/2016 2:39:00 AM

I like this mascara, actually have re-purchased it like 4 or 5 times now, more out of habit than anything but I can never bring myself to love it. The price is kinda high considering it only lasts about a month and I have drugstore mascaras that give me the same length and volume without the twenty-somethin price tag. It does have lasting power and never smudges but it is sooooo hard to take off and I always end up losing a whole bunch of eyelashes because I am working so hard to get it off. Once I think I have it all off I hop into bed and then wake up looking like a racoon with black under eyes and clumped up lashes. Overall, good product if you have a really good remover.

I am shocked this doesn't have better reviews.. but I guess everyone just needs to find what works best for them. That being said...

This is my HG mascara, by far. I have tried many drugstore brand (Maybelline, Covergirl, etc.), and many higher end (Tarte, Clinique, Lancome, Este Lauder, etc.) mascaras, and consistently have had problems with both flaking and smudging. No matter what I used, I always ended up with racoon eyes and black flecks only a few hours into the day (perhaps I'm a vigorous blinker?). Because this had mixed reviews, I was afraid to try it. But after the persuasion of an expert Sephora MUA, I bought it and found:

1) Almost no more flaking. There may be 1 or 2 flecks (literally, that's it) that I'll find, but there's usually very shortly after I apply, so they must have been destined to come off anyway - they must not have bit from the beginning.
2) No smudging. In fact, so little so that I have actually been able to identify me eyeliners that smudge instead. HUGE win.
3) the length is absolutely tremendous. I am shocked at how buildable this formula is. I have long lashes to begin with, so I've never noticed anything spectacular about lengthening mascaras. That, or they would just make my lashes look like spider legs. This not only adds a falsie amount of length, but it also is
4) Volumizing. Which is my favorite part about mascara. My lashes are long and thin, so I thrive on volume. I won't lie, because I have lots of thin lashes so close together, sometimes a few end up sticking together.. but even when that happens, I am shocked that it doesn't look clumped or like I just have 8 thick lashes. In fact, my lashed look so good, I get depressed when I wash them all off and am reminded what my real lashes look like
5) Color. I hate it when I buy mascara that pulls grey or blue or brown or soft black. This is one of the truest blacks I have used, and am extremely satisfied with the color.

That being said, I won't lie.. this mascara is hard to wash off (and I don't use the waterproof). My makeup remover doesn't take it off very well, and I don't find that the They're Real Remover is very easy to use, either. Now, I just use my microfiber face washcloth with hot water, although I'm sure there's some residue left (when I'm feeling motivated, I'll use my castor oil - which makes lashed thicker, allegedly - to get off the rest. To be honest, as it doesn't flake or smudge, it doesn't really bother me that it doesn't wash off completely, because it never ends up causing me any issues.

So, in a nutshell, HG. Really does make my lashes look like I've had extensions in terms of length, volume, and color. Doesn't smudge, doesn't flake, and stays put like cement. Despite the high price, I know it's worth the purchase!

on 11/16/2016 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So, does it work? It does. That's down to a combination of special gunk and a patented brush which work in tandem. The top of the brush is like a pared down version of Givenchy's Phenomen'eyes but it's far less scary and much easier to use.
All in all though, if you're after a mascara that will give you a jet black finish, some nice added length, decent separation and a curl promise that actually delivers, then They're Real is it. I like. I like a lot.

I'm very fortunate to have older cousins that can give me free makeup lol. My cousin gave me the sample of this mascara, and I absolutely loved it. It lasts very long, although it does transfer under the eye. Other than that, it's a great mascara. It gives a lot of length and volume to my asian lashes (Not very short and isnt straight lol). I wouldn't buy it again though, bc there are better mascaras in the drugstore. Like the pink tube from maybelline is really good (lol i forgot the name of it).

on 11/10/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I actually really love this mascara! I haven't had any problems with it smudging. I like that it's non clumpy and doesn't make my lashes stick together. Shame it's so expensive but it's definitely worth the money!!

on 11/8/2016 10:54:00 AM

I want to love this mascara but it just smudges all over my under eye. I've tried multiple techniques but after 5 days of raccoon eyes I am throwing this in the trash. My go-to is still It Cosmetics Superhero mascara.