BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 11/26/2017 10:09:00 PM

Honesty, I hated this product at first. Spidery, clumpy, very sharp wand bristles.... just hate!
But after about 2 weeks of wearing it, (I got the mini version by the way) the product started catching less on the wand and gave me very clean, long, natural looking lashes.
Honestly I don't know why I persisted with this product for the first 2 weeks because it really was terrible and clumpy at first but with a moderate amount of time, its definitely become one of my favorites.
Just for reference - I have long lashes but not a lot of volume and I only wear mascara on curled lashes.

on 11/26/2017 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most uncomfortable mascara I've ever used. I went to my local Sephora to get a Roller Lash which I got to like simply because it lasts for months and doesn't start clumping after a few weeks and does a satisfactory job. The sales person who was dealing with me insisted that I bought this one because if I liked Roller Lash, then I'd definitely fall in love with this one and go back and thank her blah blah. So I thought HOW BAD could it be because an average mascara really is enough for me - all I need is some curling effect. Extra definition is always nice but not a must.
Turns out I've spent an hurtful amount of money on black glue! Clumping can be bearable, but all my lashes stick together and by the afternoon they start hurting my eyes as they can't carry the weight anymore.
I used it for a few days straight thinking the problem was with my application skills but no. If your lashes are barely visible, this might be a good mascara for you. But if you already have visible lashes, I strongly recommend that you go for any other mascara.

P.S. I'm so disappointed with this product that I don't want to give the packaging more than a three; even though it looks good.

on 10/28/2017 8:06:00 PM

I don't know what's in this formula but this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used and believe me I've used many from drugstore to higher end! It lengthenes, defines and makes lashes look so long and beautiful it looks like your wearing falsies! The mascara lives up to its claims 100%.
My only problem with this mascara is that you have to work with it quickly because it dries down fast and once it sets it gets all crumbly and its difficult to build up so work with it while it's wet!
Wonderful mascara definitely worth the price!

on 10/18/2017 8:55:00 PM

i love this mascara so much.
ive used a few mascaras in my time but i routinely come back to this one for several reasons. first of all this mascara is ridiculously lengthening, i naturally have rather short stubby lashes but with this my eyelashes look long and gorgeous. second of all the mascara wand is incredible, i even saved the wand from my last one because if its amazing ability to break up clumps. lastly it doesn't generally move from your lashes throughout the day meaning you wont have mascara flakes all over your cheeks by the time noon roles around. i also love the classic black look you get with this mascara, i feel its flattering on anyone ive seen wear this mascara. my only potential negative is that i wouldn't say it looks super natural, so if that's something your going for thus might not be the thing for you.
so in conclusion:
pros
-lengthening
-non flaky
-amazing mascara wand that breaks up clumps
-long lasting
-classic black colour

cons
-not super natural looking

I use to love this mascara. I went through so many tubes. I just started using it again and I just don’t love it. I just don’t like the way it makes my lashes look. It lengthens but it also makes my lashes look spidery. This is also so difficult to remove. Even with a cleanse off oil, I still needed to use a waterproof makeup remover. I definitely wouldn’t purchase this again. Thank god I just bought a mini.

on 10/12/2017 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy this mascara. I only have a mini but have been using it regularly. It's soo easy to use and gives me nice length and volume. I'm very pleased and will pick up another mini when it runs out.

on 10/12/2017 11:15:00 AM

I was so excited to try this. After everything I had heard about it I thought it would be really good. It was terrible, it's the worse mascara I have ever used, and I've only ever used drugstore mascaras before. I'm so glad I only bought a small sample size one.

No volume or length, just clumps up the lashes really badly.

on 9/28/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Do you want big, huge spider lashes that get all over the place? Yes? Then this is the product for you!

The formula is extremely wet and I got little dots all over my lids because it takes forever for this to dry. I have long but sparse lashes so I need volume. I suppose that big clumps of lashes could be considered volume in a strange way but not the right way for me. All in all a hot mess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Benefit is not my bestfriend and this product is by far the worst I've ever tried from the brand.
The mascara has a VERY wet texture, and not in a good way. I applied it on my lashes after I finished the entire eye look and did not notice anything wrong with it at first. When I checked my makeup after a few hours..oh boy. I had eyelash prints ALL over my eyebrow bone and ALL over my eyeshadow. I cleaned it up but the prints kept reappearing until I eventually removed my entire eye makeup. I thought I had a bad day, but no. This happened every time i tried to wear it. It doesn't compensate with anything- no volume, it just separates the lashes in the most unflattering way and gives that spider look.
Huge waste of money. Drugstore mascaras are the REAL deal.

on 9/22/2017 1:50:00 PM

Love the BLUE! I have brown eyes, touch of green in them, and decent lashes. I wore blue mascara when I was a young one, and thought I was too old for it now...but, I still buy it occasionally. It may be true I'm too old for the bright, royal blues, but Benefit's blue, though it is bright and obviously blue, it is a more muted and much more wearable blue. I get SO MANY compliments when I wear this! People will be in a conversation with me and then suddenly stop and say "oh, I love how your eyes look"

As with most mascara, it works better when it starts to dry out a bit. I find it very easy to do three light coats, not letting it dry between the first two. It thickens nicely, and the brush has a tapered shape that helps to get to all the small corner lashes. I love pairing it with muted green or shimmery gold shadow smudged around my eyes as a liner.

I'm on my third tube of this one...that says it all! I only wish Benefit would make a green mascara!