L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D

L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D

3.2

AQUA / WATER / EAU • PARAFFIN • POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE • CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE • COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA • ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM • GLYCERIN • CETYL ALCOHOL • HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE • PHENOXYETHANOL • PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE • STEARETH-20 • PHENYL ETHYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • RAYON •HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL •HYDROGENATED PALM OIL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE • SILICA • DISODIUM EDTA • POLYQUATERNIUM-10 • SOLUBLE COLLAGEN • PANTHENOL • SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE • ATELOCOLLAGEN [ /- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES • MICA • CI 75470 / CARMINE • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE]

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using L'Oreal's Voluminous X5 Carbon Black mascara for years now and it's still my favorite. I love how dark the color is (that's what I care the most in mascara, darker the better), and how it makes my eyelashes look thick. Though the way it makes the eyelashes thick also causes clumps which could be unpleasant especially for those with spare lashes.

When I was on vacation I forgot to take my mascara with me. I went to the only store around and tried L'Oreal's Telescopic mascara and this one, they were out of Voluminous. Telescopic had a great brush, but partially because of how thin the brush is and partially because of the mascara's own color, it didn't give as much color to my eyelashes as I like. Lash Architect, although not as good as Voluminous X5 Carbon Black, was closer to that dark color I was looking for. It didn't make my lashes look as dark an thick as Voluminous but it also did not cause clumps like Voluminous and was easier to clean.

I will return to my HG Voluminous but if it wasn't for you, Lash Architect could be it. It's a good mascara, too.

on 1/6/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Loreal mascaras are definitely overrated! Its just not worth the money. It flakes so much and it is so dry.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/21/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the 4D in "false lashes" waterproof and it's definitely a winner.
Have recently purchased an expensive brand for double the money and was horribly disappointed! Used it a couple of times and ended up going to Priceline and buying 4D again!
Lash Architect is great- does all the things you want in a good mascara. Doesnt clump, buildable, length and thickness. The "false lashes" version is awesome, really does make lashes look 4 dimensional and thick.
Give it a try. I hate clumpy, flaky, heavy mascaras. This one def doesn't do this and defines well.

on 1/27/2015 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't know that a brand so big and experienced, could make such a bad mascara. The brush is too hard and has a model that I don't understand. The mascara does nothing good to my lashes, it makes them stiff and ugly. It seams as if the mascara is too dry or something. An other problem is that it is hard to remove.
I bought it because the ingredients were not too harmful, but that is the only pro I can think of.

on 10/12/2014 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have really long lashes and my bigges problem was finding a mascara that won't "stick them together".This one seperates them and providing natural looking lashes.It doesn't flake for me,but I use only one coat of it.So that might be the reason.It has no smell which is also a plus.I wear contact lenese and haven't had problem with it.

on 6/26/2014 8:31:00 AM

This is horrible - it flakes so easily then the flakes smudged on my face. By the end of the day it looks like I have no mascara on. I've never had a problem with staying power from a mascara before .

on 5/27/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this mascara!!! This is this first mascara that I've been really happy about and would definitely buy it over and over. It really makes my lashes look longer and separates them evenly. This mascara never seems to clump either which has been a big problem with other mascaras I've used. I love the packaging also since it's all in silver and it stands out. The price is also really good considering it's the best mascara I've used cause it's not too pricey. I've got nothing bad to say about this product, so overall I would definitely recommend it !!!

on 4/5/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Semi-great mascara

I have mixed feeling about this mascara. At first I really liked it, formula was nice, microfibers were giving beautiful effect and the packaging was amazing. But it dried up pretty quickly and started to clump up. My lashes are quite long on their own and microfibers were looking kinda weird, pointing in different directions, I didn't have this problem in the begining when it was new. Also it started to flake and smudge. Overall I love the packaging, the formula was also OK, but I think it was a little pricey considering how fast it dried up.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara, it's the best one I've ever used. I've tried so many over the last 25 yrs, from YSL, Dior, Channel, through Too Faced, Benefit, Maybelline, NYC, MUA-really everything at every price range. I use the waterproof version on top of a white base, I use 2 coats. It separates brilliantly, lengthens wonderfully, picks up all the lashes end to end doesn't clump, doesn't flake or smudge, keeps the curl-really, what more could you ask for?!