New York Color On Location Complete Makeup Kit

New York Color On Location Complete Makeup Kit

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

I have these in Manhattan Mauve, Denim, & Pastel. Mauve is “my” colors! I wish I could’ve found the brown one. I got these off Ebay. They were $4 for 2 of the kits & $3 for the 3rd. Get rid of the brushes lol they suck! The products are good quality cute little palettes #winning you can still get them off eBay.

on 8/15/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Seems that ALL palettes are only good on lighter coloring, EVEN basic brown!

Either that or if you have a cooler skin tone, it features all shades that will look chalky! Skip this kit if you have a neutral or warm skin tone. The colors are not flattering.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this last year in Brown, and I absolutely loved the colors. The blush was a perfect match, and didn't break me out, because my skin was not acne-prone then. Unfortunately, I can't use blush anymore because my skin is sensitive now. The glosses and shadows were surprisingly not so bad looking . The brushes are crap, so I just use an e/s brush or my finger to apply them. I will probably repurchase this.

on 12/23/2004 5:25:00 AM

I have this kit in brown and mauve. The eyeshadows are good (my only complaints, very small pans, would rather have no gloss, etc. for bigger e/s). The blush in brown kit is a nice earth tone.
The glosses are ok for glosses, not much there. The mauve kit the same, except blush is a DARK
plummy mauve, I look like dead zone! Brushes are crap, otherwise
good bargain.

I recently bought this in Basic Brown from Walgreen's at a 40% discount. So for 2.99 I'd say this palette is a steal. I'm NC35/Stila E and all the colors were perfect for a traditional, clean, groomed, no-makeup look. The blush is a flattering muted terra cotta that looks natural when applied (even with the crappy brush that comes with the palette). There are 4 shadows, 2 of which are warm and 2 of which are neutral. All four are perfect for a natural eye look and last most of the day. The two glosses, one a warm chestnut and the other, a neutral nude pink, enhance the color of my pigmented lips perfectly. The gloss is a bit stiff, but it soaks right in with a couple of swipes of the included 2-sided lip/eyeshadow brush. All in all, I would buy this again. It's the perfect color combo for a natural, groomed look and it's great for travel. In fact, this palette has convinced me to incorporate the large sized versions of these colors into my makeup wardrobe.

Edit-- i've found that applying the shadows and glosses with one's fingers works better the brushes

For a $5 makeup palette this product really ain't bad. I have both the Mauve and Brown kits and I have to say they perform remarkably well for such dirt cheap drugstore makeup. These are great for stage makeup. It makes between scene touch ups lightning fast. The colors are rather muted and soft, though, so I'm not sure if this would show up as well on darker skintones. It works for me because I'm so crazy pale.

on 3/16/2004 7:58:00 AM

I have this kit in Brown, Mauve, and Denim. Yes, the brushes are skimpy, DON'T use brushes that come with these kits!!! Skimpy or cheap. Throw them out and use the e/s (good basic colors) and the blush (esp browns, it's a great neutral color blush, good quality). The glosses only last one application, so use full size in similar colors. They also now have a pastel kit which I'll try.

on 10/2/2003 4:26:00 AM

For $5, this was a steal. The eyesshadows are nice warm to neutral colors, basic color lipglosses (not lipstick), basic color blush. I read somewhere that one ma uses for contouring.
Great for a quickie, for neutrals,
packing light.

I only used the lightest shade of shadow, and sparingly at that, over eyeshadow of different brand. (Revlon creamy shadows) and that's it for me. Bye bye to this palette! Yuk!

Terribly average. First of all the good, the Eyeshadow colors are beautifull and perfectly natural sexy for you if you have pale skin, brown hair and brown green eyes. Now the bad. It goes on like crap, horrible application,the lip glosses are gross looking and don't apply very well either. The lip brush is a neat persons worst nightmare, I can't even begin to point out how horrible the blush and blush brush are. Beacuse of this kit I will never buy from the drugstore again.

Popular Palettes