Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've delved into the world of K beauty and skincare, and Dr. Jart was on my shopping list. I've used several other BB creams, but nothing I really enjoyed... until this.

While on a little Christmas shopping spree at Sephora, I couldn't help but check this one out. As the description says, "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural." It seemed like the perfect all in one product. So, I added to my *growing* cart.

Today is the first time I am wearing and trying it, and I LOVE IT. I really love a dewy, radiant rinish, and this gives it to you! I applied with a brush and blended. Immediately I received a healthy glow. Definitely can be worn on its own. It has a beautiful finish. I then did the rest of my makeup as I usually do, and its blended seamlessly with my routine. Already received compliments too - My husband said my skin looks "fresh".

Definitely pricey, but I think for all it has to offer, and a little going such a long way, its worth the hefty price tag. I'll definitely keep this in my routine!

on 1/22/2015 6:03:00 PM

I love this BB Cream. As far as I am concerned this is the best out there. I originally tried a sample from Sephora. I loved it so much I purchased the full tube. I wear this BB cream most days unless attending a wedding etc. On those days I wear Armani Fluid Foundation. This BB cream goes on smoothly, covers imperfections and leaves a lovely finish. I will never be without. You also get a 45spf.

This is one of my favorite BB creams. I was using the Jouer luminizing moisture tint, but found this had much better coverage. Has worked really well with my skin and a little bit goes a long way. I was turned off by the color initially. But once you blend it into your skin, it is invisible!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received a sample of this and loved it so much I purchased it. I love the consistency, color, and finish, and I appreciate the high SPF. My skin looked and felt amazing, and it seemed smoother after a short time of using it. I do, however, hate the packaging. I paid about $45 for a tube of this and thought I'd received a bad dispenser, but after reading some of the other reviews I just realized it's just a terrible pump. I ended up taking the thing apart and use a nail stick to scrape out a significant amount of cream that was still inside the (hard, un-cuttable) tube. Honestly I haven't reordered this cream because of the packaging, which is sad because the product itself is fantastic. If you have the patience to dig around a poorly designed tube and can put up with a hesitating dispenser that sprays the cream on the floor instead of your fingers, have at it - the cream is worth it. Until they put it in a plain, squeezable tube, I won't be buying it.

on 7/22/2013 8:11:00 AM

The packaging is lovely, pump hygienic and puts out a small (adequate) volume with each pump. Need only a little of this product to cover my face.
Quite sheer coverage, need extra layer over imperfections and dark circles. "Dewy" finish. I set this BB cream with Laura Mercier translucent powder and finish with a little blush. Overall good staying power,no need for touch up during the work day.

Initially the BB cream goes on a pinky pale ashy color however oxidizes to my skin color nicely.
Fragrance free

Pricey in terms of BB cream though- purchased from Sephora.

I would however repurchase - overall I quite enjoy this product

on 1/27/2013 5:50:00 PM

I have very fair skin, so I probably should have known better than to try and use a foundation that comes in a one size matches all color. At first when I put it on it matched pretty well and I was able to lighten up the color a bit with a face powder, but after a few minutes the cream oxidizes and darkens in color, leaving a prominent foundation line on the outer parts of my face. What a shame too since I liked the formula a lot.The cream felt really great on my skin, and it definitely moisturizes. Coverage is medium to light. Not recommended for fair skin though.

Wonderful product, but its incredibly expensive. I bought it for, I think 38 dollars at sephora. Provides a great amount of coverage and it feels like your wearing nothing. Brightened my acne scars and definitely gave me a more even skin tone after using it for two weeks. I use the Philosophy Cleanser afterwards and it glides off like a charm. Dr. Jart is a renowned cosmetics company in Korea, but I feel like this product isn't as great as the ones they sell in Korea. However, one of the best ones they sell in the US

on 6/17/2012 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was my first BB cream; I sampled it at Sephora, and then bought a small 10g tube to try a bit further than the 2 days the small Sephora sample afforded me. The coverage is medium, a little bit thicker than my Legere Multi White, but about the same as my Skin79 gold. I dont think it makes me look as dewy or glow like the other two bb creams, which is why i stopped using it. The SPF is higher and is the main reason why i bought this product. I think the price is a bit high too; there are so many bb creams out there, and they are about half the cost, although you have to wait for international shipping (such a drag, when you are so anxious to try your new product).
I dont regret buying this, but i wont buy it again simply because there are so many out there to try. It really does have a nice coverage, but to what i refer to an 'american standard'. I am Asian, NC25-ish and feel that other online purchases of the many varieties of bb creams makes it hard to want to re-purchase this again. It is a superior product, and the quality is awesome, which is probably why Sephora chose this brand, from the hundreds out there. The SPF alone is a great feature.
I didnt have my sun powders nor set this bb cream with a loose powder, but i feel that i might have liked it better if i set it with my Etude House O2 Whitening sun powder (i really love this stuff, i am furiously trying to make 20 reviews so i can add this product to this database)