OPI Mermaid's Tears

OPI Mermaid's Tears
OPI Mermaid's Tearsopi mermaid's tearsMermaid's Tears

4.5

on 1/28/2016 4:01:00 PM

Didn't do anything for me. OPI's Mermaid's Tears is a dusty, muddy shade of pale jade green polish from the Pirates of the Caribbean Collection 2011. Interesting-looking, but on my nails it wasn't flattering or fun to wear.

Good OPI formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. And it dried to a creamy, shiny finish.

Similar shades that I prefer over this one are Zoya's Wednesday and OPI's Damone Roberts 1968.

Not something that I would buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this nail polish color. It's unique and it's pretty much an exact dupe for Sephora by Opi's Read My Palm. It took 2-3 coats for full coverage. It's a nice dusky minty green. Definitely a must for spring. I'm not sure about the chippage, we'll see in a few days how well it wears.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2012 3:45:00 AM

Bought this Nail Polish as it was from the Pirates of the Caribbean and I was looking for a nice blue.
Its colour on the bottle is very similar to what it turns out on your nails but I did find it a bit streaky and I used 2 coats.
Added OPI Gold Shatter over the top of it and final top coat and it looks very pretty. More a summery colour for me though

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I feel very conflicted about this polish. On one hand it is a gorgeous colour and much more wearable than I initially thought. However I find it so, so streaky and needed three coats and it still isn't totally smooth! I love the colour and have nothing like it but I would only use this if I have enough time and energy to deal with three+ coats.

on 6/27/2012 4:19:00 PM

LOVE THIS POLISH! I picked this up purely because it was on sale at Ulta, but it has quickly become one of my favorites. The color is beautiful. Perfect for spring and summer and I am constantly getting compliments on it. The formula is on the thicker side but nearly opaque with one coat and seems to last about 5 days without chipping (which is a long time for me). Would definitely repurchase if I can find it again.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeously unique muddied out greeny/blue, very creamy but streaky formula (2 coats or more needed to reach streak-free opacity) that lasts,on my nails,about a week (without a topcoat!). This shade co-operates with all skin tones and looks terrific on the toes in spring/summer. Could be wore throughout winter /fall as well, due to its muddie-ness. I think every girl needs this colour in their collection, i will defiently re-purchasing it!

on 6/1/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this OPI nail polish it's by far one of my favorite colors. The color is not too thin and not too thick, so it glides on perfectly. A convenience is that it also dries very quickly and is a bright pastel sea foam green. <3 Would definitely recommend it!!!!!!!!

Initially I was in love with this color, thought it could do no wrong honestly. Now that I've had it for about 7 months I do not feel the same. To me it does not wear well, which is sad because it is such a gorgeous color. The application is tricky, the formula is thicker than I like but it still takes 3 coats for an even application. Right now I have the China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat, 3 coats of Mermaid's Tears, and the China Glaze Fast Forward top coat. It looks fine, for the most part, but it seems like this color chips a lot easier than some others I use. All in all, it's pretty but it's more of a hassle than it's worth.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The most fantastic colour ever! Makes me feel like a mermaid :).
Good coverage and lasting power, doesn't chip and stay on nice for 5 days. I love the entire Pirates collection it comes with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is an interesting shade. Haunting yet very pretty. It looks slightly more grey in the bottle than it does on your nails, but it comes out a lovely dusty seafoam green colour. As with most pastel type shades, the formula could be a little better. It's not super runny like some, but it could do with a little thickening up. While it's nice that it goes on smoothly, it does take about 3 coats to get an even coverage. Overall, I like this polish. It's a lovely shade for Spring and it's a little out of the ordinary.

Popular Polishes