Mad Hippie Eye Cream

Mad Hippie Eye Cream
Eye Cream

3.3

Water, Niacinamide, Regu-Age, Eyeliss, Haloxyl, Matrixyl 3000, Glycerin, Vitamin K ( Phytonadione ), Titanium Dioxide, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Squalene, Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), Cholecalciferol, Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Argan Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Vitamin E Acetate, Ceramide 3, Buckwheat Wax, White Tea (Camellia Sinensis Extract), Pomegranate Seed Oil (Punica Granatum), Sorbic Acid, Natural Essential Oils

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mad Hippie seriously does skincare properly.

As with all of their other products, this eye cream isn't heavy, is smooth, smells lovely, glides on beautifully, and sinks into the skin very well. I use such a tiny amount of this - maybe a bead the size of half a pea...? - and it completely covers my undereye area, inner and outer corners, and I also bring it up to my eyelids because why not? It makes the skin feel nice and tightened (that always makes me think it's going to be uncomfortable), comfortably. It doesn't feel harsh. This cream keeps the entire eye area fully hydrated.

I really don't have any fine lines to speak of around my eyes. They're very subtle, so I can't quite say if I've seen an improvement because there wasn't much to notice in the first place. I will say though that I'm sure this product will be a good preventative. I think I would have to use the product longer to see a major difference in lines (I've used it twice a day for over two months now).

This bottle is 15ml for $24.99 USD, It is a fine size and price because you need such a small amount to cover the eye area. I removed two lippies for the packaging because, like the face cream, you can't see how much product you have left, which is something that bothers me. I also don't know if the air pump (which is great, by the way - gives you great control over how much product you want to dispense) will be able to get all of the cream out when it's getting low, or if I'd have to crack the thing open to get at the rest so as not to waste it. If I could see how much was left, I'd probably give it 4 lippies. Just a thing I find a bit bothersome. Overall, another excellent product from Mad Hippie.

on 10/27/2016 5:24:00 PM

I just started using this product and so far it has done a nice job keeping my under eye skin hydrated. it does not burn or skin. I apply it around my orbital bone and to the side of my eye and has not caused any bumps or anything. Sometimes with eye creams I wake up the next morning with eye irritation after application of an eye product such as eye redness, bumps around delicate skin of the eye, or even eye goobers, but this has yet to happen. I am excited to see the results of this product considering it is all natural and doesn't test on animals. I hope this product and their other products I am trying out from their line work!
Update: I returned this eye cream. the rest of the line didn't work for me. It caused really bad intense facial flushing and I didn't want to take a chance on the eye cream wrecking havoc on my face.

on 3/19/2016 5:45:00 PM

This is a good eye cream, but nothing spectacular. I haven't noticed much of a difference to my under eye area (issues: fine lines, slight darkness, a little puffiness). It has a great texture, sort of a gel cream that sinks in nicely and makes skin feel good. I like the little pump bottle too, which makes dispensing easy. This was just an impulse purchase since I don't think a separate eye cream is necessary. I've had better results from my Derma E DMAE face cream.

on 9/21/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

My former HG eyecream (Boscia) wasn't doing the trick any more, so I bought Mad Hippie eye cream to moisturize and help out with my dark undereye area. It stings a bit initially due to the actives, so I usually only use this at night before bed. It has a light fruity scent that isn't too strong and it absorbs quickly so you could use it in the morning under makeup if you choose to. I've been using it for the last two months and I don't think I've noticed any improvement. Sometimes I use this as an all over facial moisturizer and it seems to brighten my face. I find it odd that the instructions say to use it on the undereye area and corners of the eyes only but not on the lid. I'll finish the bottle but I don't plan on repurchasing because I didn't find this eye cream to be that effective.

on 12/20/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This eye cream sinks into the skin quickly, with no oily residue, making it perfect for under makeup. It reminds me of MAC Fast Response Eye cream in texture and seems to form a moisture retaining barrier versus bathing the area with emollients. I don't really believe claims made by any product manufacturers and was specifically looking for something with peptides and Vitamin K when I picked it up on Amazon. The ingredient list is quite impressive but my expectations were and are waay low. Surprisingly, I do notice less darkness - nothing traffic-stopping but I can use a corrector under foundation now versus fighting with evil concealers. It doesn't feel ultra lush or juicy but my eye area remains moisturized throughout the day. MAC Fast Response is sort of a holy grail for me but Mad Hippie provides the same result and is extremely transparent regarding the ingredients. At night I pile on a visible amount of it over my usual oil just because I am that desperate.

I'm glad I waited to review this because my eye area is so dry I go for thicker, wetter, greasier products in an attempt to retain as much moisture as possible. This product does that without the mess and doesn't seem to contribute to milia. When I finish up my current night cream I'll be giving more Mad Hippie products a try.

on 7/3/2015 7:47:00 PM

I use most of the Mad Hippie line, the only product I stopped using is the cleanser.

The eye cream is light and moisturizing. It doesn't sting me, as other reviews have complained about. I find it very soothing and gentle.

I have slightly crepe-y texture under my eyes and this helps but doesn't fix (erase) it. My bags aren't changed drastically by the cream either, but it does help a little.

I believe the company's main claim is that it lightens dark circles. I only have dark circles because there are shadows under my bags, I don't think it is a game changer but it does moisturize well. I love the other products and have reordered over the past 3 years when ever I run out. I use the eye cream once or twice a day and usually it lasts close to 3 months.

There is a very light scent from the botanicals in the ingredients but the smell evaporates quickly and doesn't make my eyes water.

I'm going to try Cera ve eyecream and compare soon.

on 11/10/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great daytime eye cream. I have dry skin and use a heavier product (chagrin valley whipped squalane face & eye mousse) in the winter and at night, but for day and summer, this has become my go-to eye product to wear under foundation (or by itself when I don't need SPF). Unlike many reviewers, I have had absolutely no singing or irritation with this product, despite the fact that I have sensitive skin and have had bad reactions to many other eye and face products. This cream has no scent, and sinks in incredibly well. It does not produce instant results, but in my experience over a period of weeks, it softens lines and de-puffs and lightens dark circles, making my under-eye area considerably less crepey-looking, and making anything I put over it go on much more smoothly and without settling in wrinkles. It does not tighten skin, but if what you are looking for is less wrinkles, less discoloration, better texture, and you are willing to be patient, I have found Mad Hippie Eye Cream to work much better than products costing much more. Going on it feels soothing to me, so it feels good even if you do not see results right away. Note the expiration date on the bottom of the package - typically about a year from when purchased. This cream does not have preservatives, and so even though the container is small, I would not recommend buying a huge quantity at one time. You do not need to use a lot - a .05 ounce container lasts me about three months of using it on a daily basis and the half-ounce leak-proof container is also great for travel.

on 8/23/2014 10:33:00 PM

I am on the fence about this eye cream. I like how it moisturizes under my eyes, but I do not see significant improvement (yet) in terms of anti-aging benefits. I am hoping to, but so far I am still waiting! The price is not terrible, so it is worth the money to try it out and the pump packaging is an added bonus.

I got a bunch of free samples of the mad hippie eye cream at Whole Foods. I've been using it for 5 weeks and every time I apply it it burns and my eyes won't stop tearing up! I know exactly what is causing everyone's irritations and rashes; it's the high concentration of niacinamide. Luckily for me the irritation subsides after 5 minutes. I can't comment if it works on reducing wrinkles since I don't have any but it has lighten my dark under eye circles.

on 9/25/2013 11:49:00 AM

I have never in my life had an allergic reaction to a skin cream and I have tried just about every product known to man, including some very dodgy face creams picked up in India, which were undoubtedly packed full of all kinds of rubbish. However, this stuff made my skin burn, itch, flake, and I have an inexplicable red welt on my cheek. I don't get it at all. I am so so disappointed because I wanted to love this range. I can't quite understand why it's having this effect. Perhaps someone science-ey could explain what the possible issue could be as quite a few seem to be experiencing this and I would definitely not include myself in the sensitive skin crowd.