Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Bronzer

Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Bronzer
Artisan Color Baked Bronzer

4.5

on 7/1/2017 7:06:00 PM

I'm a white girl. Really white, fair skin, dark brunette hair and blue eyes. Saw this at Walmart for $5, color is Rose Gold, am absolutely in love with it. Provides a nice shimmer without too much bronze, in fact the color is light enough that I mostly use it as a highlighter, and it's long-lasting. A great bargain, I'm going back to get several more, it's the best I've found for such an inexpensive product.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For one, to call this a 'bronzer' is a misnomer, because it presents itself as more of a highlighter than a bronzer- not saying one can't use it as they please as a bronzer, but worked more as the former for me. I digress, I picked this up upon suggestion at CVS in the color Gingersnap, which seemed a decent choice. Upon inspection: Compact clam shell fuss-free packaging with a clear lid and it was a bronze-red tone swirled with gold, finely milled and smooth with no obvious glitter chunks. First few times I was content to use it as a brow bone, inner eye highlight and a pop of color on my lids. Subtle and brightened where it needed to without looking gaudy- perfect compliment for my NC 50 skintone with reddish undertone. Finally came around to using it as a highlighter proper- I applied it on my upper cheekbones with a few taps of my finger (as learned from Lisa Eldridge), down my nose and across my cupid's bow. As I said- subtle; if you're looking for a KAPOW, reflective mirror, highbeam shine, blinding everyone in your wake look, you won't find it in this one. I'm content with it, and unless something else better comes along this is my HG highlighter for now.

on 10/27/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous I bought toasted almond. Really beautiful color. I also bought the blush in plum, nice highlighter. These bronzers and blush from Artisan collection is so nice and probably overlooked. Compares just as good as mac for 1/4 of the price. You can't go wrong. For lighter skins stay away from blueberry blush and warm berry. Too pigmented. Better for deeper skin tone ladies. I am NC45 for reference.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this in "Rum Spice". It is very pretty and a nice match for my ebony skin tone. It can be used for a variety of things.

on 8/3/2012 10:44:00 AM

OMG i am loving this bronzer! i have it in caramel. it gives only a sheer wash of the lightest bronzey beigy goldy tone but the highlight\shimmer is so pretty on my light\med asian skin!! these days every powder highlighter ive tried immediatly starts to itch or burn my skin or i wake up the next morn with bumps but not this one so far!! and only 4.99 at walgreens!!

on 10/17/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Bought in Rum Spice.

Lovely highlight colour, very shimmery though.. Particles are large and chunky so its not a favorite.

on 4/21/2011 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got two of these bronzers based on some reviews on Youtube and i got them in Duane Reade and i must say im very pleased with these i dont like shimmery bronzers and these are baked perfection they give a nice glowy look at least on my skin i wear NC45 in mac and i got two colors Rum Spice which is deeper bronzer and Ginger Snap is more lighter but so nice as well the apply very smooth with fingers as with a brush. Women of color who are looking for a bronzer that will give you that glow thats not expensive plus will not spill in your bag check out BLACK RADIANCE

on 10/11/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As a MU I'm always looking for great quality makeup up that won't kill my pockets. Black Radiance Baked Bronzer in "Rum Spice" is a terrific bronzer/blush at a rock bottom price. It's wonderful as a contouring bronzer for women of color with more fair skin tones (NW40 & lighter) and it adds a perfect glow to those who are NC42/43 & deeper without being too bronzy or orange. The texture is very smooth & blendable and glides on like a product 4 or 5x the price. I found it at Kmart for only $5.00. Definitely a keeper!!!