Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.2

on 10/30/2018 11:13:00 AM

My brother-in-law went to an auction and this was in a box he purchased along with Red Door (wow, um, no thank you), Chantilly (so soapy smelling it gave me a headache) and Harajuku Lovers Baby (Love's Baby Soft anyone?). At first whiff, I about threw it in the trash. I thought "who in the world would wear this chemical bomb?" but for some reason I decided to keep it. Call it intrigue, call it a hunch, but I decided one day to give it a try. This is definitely a case of 'don't judge only on a bottle sniff'. Once on, it settled into a long, warm and sweet chocolatey spell and all kinds of people (including a sweet old man at the grocery store) complimented me on my fragrance. It is now my signature perfume, and I'm so glad I decided not to toss it.
The only negative is the bottle. Being star-shaped, it doesn't stand to show off on a dresser, and it may be cumbersome for some people to handle, especially if you have arthritis.

on 10/13/2018 5:03:00 AM

You will either love or hate this one, there is no inbetween. To me, this is the sexiest sofistication in a bottle. It is dark, bold, sweet, musky, earthy, deeply erotic. The sillage is amazing, use VERY sparingly, otherwise it will turn into headaches. The lingering scent the next couple of days is even more intoxicating, I can't stop sniffing myself :-) But.. it is definitely not aimed at fragile, sensitive, shy, romantic types who like delicate, flowery or fresh, citrusy scents. It compliments a bold, sexy, confident, mysterious, strong woman who knows what she wants and goes for it. If you are one of them, men will go crazy around you, it is a dangerous seduction weapon :-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oooh I love this fragrance...even though Thierry Mugler 'Angel' is quite an old perfume, I can still relate to this in many ways. My mom used to wear this on a daily basis from about 2006 or was it 2005 (?) until very recently. My grandmother was also a big fan and used to spritz this on her neck before heading to her work place every morning. Even my ex used to wear this (well to be specific the 'A'men - male version of Angel haha).

Following the family tradition, I used to spray this too before heading to my office every week day. I loved the smell of this (very unique - tonka bean, vanilla, etc) as it was unlike any other scent out there. Even now, having had a sniff of so many generic fragrances in the department stores, there is something about Angel that sets it apart from the many run-of-the-mill fragrances out there. I would re-purchase this in a heartbeat - not just for the sake of nostalgia lol, but because there is nothing else that smells remotely like this. When you wear this you can be near-sure that you will be the only one in your location who is wearing anything in the same vein. it is definitely in a league of its own! And for that it is one of my all-time faves!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/8/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

1992. Since then nothing else!
Its a permume that you will love it or hate it, Thats Angel and suits to a very specific type of women. Does not suit to fragile, delicate women. Its a hard scent full of vanilla, chocolate and a taste of outer space, something out of earth, a strange bitter hard scent mixed with wet soil. Thats how I can describe with words this perfume.
Its glorius to wear it and walk proud knowing that everybody can smell that you are near by. Not all men like it. The ones who love Barbies they hate it. The ones who prefer wild cats love it. Thats what my 25 years experience says.

on 6/29/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never purchased this but have used it. I find the scent sickening. To make things worse, it lasts forever, even a little after bathing. It has pretty strong sillage, too. All this would be great if I liked the scent. Maybe, it is the patchouli that I find so offensive although I can tolerate patchouli in moderation. Everyone has different tastes in fragrances and many like this, apparently. My one try of Alien was much more favorable.

I couldn't rate this bad just because it didn't work on me because it is an important perfume. On me on the opening it was Ok at first because it was just the patchouli note. But then it got terrible as it was drying down. It smelt like rubber on me I couldn't believe it but it did. Strange because I have the 06 or 08 extrait and I love that. Its a patchouli, chocolate, vanilla, caramel mixed in are some floral and it smells amazing.

So I will keep the extrait and will either sell or swap my 1.7 ounce bottle of this because sadly it just doesn't work on me. I could not write a oh this smells so bad and just bash it because that's not cool. I see it on other sites and I don't like it. If you dislike something there's a way to say it. Anyway sillage and longevity are excellent with this. I think the dry down is amazing but I wonder if it smells the way I do to other people and I just don't want to take that risk to find out.

All in all this is a pioneer in the gourmand world of fragrance, without Angel who knows what that catagory would be like. So I'm super glad this is around and if you can't wear Angel like me try Muse its amazing chocolate heaven with vetiver it truly is an excellent choice.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the faint of heart. I guess my love of this is due to my association of being in Santorini and Dublin on my honeymoon so perhaps I’m biased. But if you love a spicy and bold vibe, this is your jam. I love the intensity when I first apply it as well as the lingering scent the next day. My other go-to’s are Chanel coco mademoiselle (more so in the winter) Burberry Brit and Clean Smoked Vetiver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm really on the fence with this one. So many strong, often contradicting notes. And when I say strong, this is Burberry level, fill-the room strong. I initially tried this when ten or so samples popped up in my magazines, and even with it's weirdness I find it alluring. Hard to stop coming back to, but not something to pick up without testing first.

The good: The samples came in a very unique cardboard spray package, and while I prefer the tall thin bottle to the star shaped packaging, it is refillable, and for that it gets 5 stars on packaging. The scent itself has some very strong notes, with patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood battling it out only to mellow into the gourmand and fruity side of things. There's a lot going on in this, but I love bergamot and nothing I own is quite like this.

The bad: This is too strong to wear around lots of people, I prefer it in cooler weather, this is definitely not a daily scent for me but something I reach for when I want drama.

The ugly: I've never worn another fragrance that is quite as polarizing. People either really love or really hate this.

on 1/18/2018 1:02:00 PM

It is way too strong for me. I got it as a present if I wear it people start to cough. Don't get it.

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

Popular Fragrances