Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect

4.3

on 6/10/2013 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this, but am sad that this doesn't work for me. I don't think it works too well with straight asian lashes, weighed mine down even when curled. It also smudged on me and gave me panda eyes which surprised me as I rarely have that problem with mascara. I loved the rotating wand, it helped distribution of the mascara and lifted up the lashes, at least initially for me anyway. I also liked thad it was quite black, provided moderate volume and some length. It is also fairly easy to remove. I don't recommend this for asians, I think it might have smudged because my lashes were weighed down so much that constant contact with my skin may have gradually melted it. A shame, because I think it is a decent mascara otherwise.

on 3/21/2013 1:34:00 PM

I'm really impressed! Gave my lashes a beautiful length and volume. Didn't clump at all. A little pricey though.

on 8/14/2012 12:32:00 PM

This is a really great mascara, one of the best that I've used. It provides great volume, seperates well, doesn't flake or smudge the whole day. It really is fast - the whole application takes a minute thanks to rotation. It's easy to use, because you can change the rotation direction. BUT one thing i didn't like about it: it's hard to wash off, it takes me like 10 min to wash out and the next morning i always have panda eyes. Maybe i need better demaquillant, but you really have to rub your eyes to get it off. But please do try this mascara as it is one of the best on the market.

on 10/3/2012 4:30:00 PM

I am soooo upset! I used this a year ago when it first launched and I loved it! It curled my eyelashes, made them look long and added volume. It really was perfect! I didn't repurchase it until a few days ago because in the meantime I used other mascaras, just because I like to change them once in a while. But now I recalled it was a great mascara and went off and bought it - this has nothing to do with what I used before. I don't know if I got a fake one, but this clumps my eyelashes and doesn't add neither volume, nor length. I don't want to even start on the curl. I really hope it's me and they haven't ruined a great mascara, but really - this one doesn't do anything for me. It's very unfortunate because it's not too cheap as well - it was 11EUR.
The packaging is OK considering it has a mechanism for the rotation, so it doesn't make it too friendly for a make-up bag. I would have given it a 5 last year but I 'm giving it a 3 now, just because I don't know if they changed the formulation or not.
UPDATE: This needs to dry a little or you just need to swipe the excess of product off in the beginning. Otherwise, it's PERFECT - volumizes, separates and lengthens

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My favourite mascara and I have tried loads. So easy to use and to build volume without clamping. I love it and have repurchased many times.

I watched a makeup tutorial on Youtube where Nic from Pixiwoo was using this product. I was quite surprised as I had never seen a rotating mascara before and seeing the dramatic effect it had on Nic's lashes, I decided to purchase it ASAP. It cost me 10 at the time, but i think Superdrugs are selling it for 7-8. There's an on/off switch for the mascara wand and I have to admit, I very much enjoy applying it with this rotating wand as it lifts my lashes up and thickens it simultaneously. Unlike a normal wand, I dont have to keep reapplying from the tube (as the brush carries a enough product) and keep hopelessly trying to lift and curl my limp lashes. You would have to keep practising with this wand to get your perfect set of lashes, but I can certainly say that this mascara does definately deliver thickness whilst lengthening and curling the lashes. I have tried so many mascaras prior to this one, even high end branded ones, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this one has no competition. Would HIGHLY recommend it for sure. It comes in a really big tube (biggest ive seen for a mascara) so you are definately getting value for money

on 5/9/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the best mascara I've EVER had!!! I use oil to cleanse my face and most mascara ends up disolving really quickly and plastering itself under my eyes. This one stays on!!! Fantastic look - easy to use - can't rave enough. As I appear to be blighted by products being discontinued five minutes after I fall in love with them, I have bought three more to stock up!

CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS HAS BEEN CONTINUED! WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING???

on 5/30/2012 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This mascara is great for lengthening lashes, it definitely makes application very simple although I do find the rotation to be a little tricky. I doesn't really make my lashes voluminous just lengthy. It is a fairly expensive mascara at $26 dollars in Australia. It doesn't take the place of my favorite, sumptuous by Estee Lauder.

on 5/29/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

my mascara wand broke so it doesn't rotate but i still love it! it doesn't clump or flake and it adds definition and length. not particularly volumizing but it's one of my favourite mascaras so far - not as good as the Max Factor False Lash Effect but very close! definitely recommend if you can get it. it's expensive in Australia but i got it for sale around $15. i'd love to try this again with a rotating wand that actually works but it's good to know it's still a great mascara even without it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this mascara. I wear contacts and have found no irritation, smudging or flaking from this. I found the rotational wand very easy to use and certainly helped me applying a good amount of mascara on my sparse lashes. It also gives me good volume and length. I do find it a little harder to remove but I haven't lost any lashes when I have to take it off. It also dries quite flexible, but I don't know how buildable it really is as I find that when I have gone through the lashes once, it is enough! It is also a good true black.