Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle
HE lipsticks (my stash as of August 5th 2011)

on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am scared of red lipstick. I have tan-golden skin, not voluptuous-full lips, so nude lips are very comfortable for me. This is the first red lipstick that I actually love. I've tried red lipsticks before! I think they look rather aging if you ask me! But this has a coral-orange tinge to it which pops on my skin yet enhancing. All of these blue lipsticks are not so flattering on me. And I've tried a pink-red lipstick and perhaps it was the formula or something but I looked like a cheap hooker. This is a sheer lipstick and shiny, also perks which i like very much. I dispise matte lipsticks, they make my lips look thinner and this plumps them up and the formula feels so great. I can only complain about the price. There was a sale and I got this half off. I'm thankful, I would have never considered red lipstick.

on 6/11/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just bought this today after being on the fence for days between it and Monte Carlo. Glad I got this one. Looks pretty orange in the tube, but on my fairly pigmented lips it's a true red. LOVE how sheer it is since lipstick that is too pigmented scares me and so rarely gets worn out (as another poster mentioned!); bought a red from Lancome a few years back which is pretty much the same shade, not sure I have ever worn it out because it is so pigmented! Plus you can layer the color with this one. Really lovely packaging, as one would expect, but only gets four lippies, because for that price I would not expect it to be at all drying (although maybe lipsticks are by their very nature more drying than glosses?)

UPDATE: After trying some other lipsticks, I have discovered that this has absolutely NO staying power, plus it fades really unevenly for me, downgrading from 4 to 3 stars. However, have gotten a few compliments on it.

The local Chanel counter recently got a makeover -- great lighting, tons of mirrors, inviting counters and seats -- and so I went in to take a look. I had never purchased Chanel cosmetics before, but they had always had a certain draw, an allure. This new line of lipsticks looked interesting. I tried on Rebelle and it was love at first swipe.

The formula is sheer but still pigmented, in a don't-need-a-mirror sort of way. My lips certainly feel moist, but the lipstick isn't very hydrating, and I need balm after wearing it for a few hours.

And the colour! Red with a touch of coral, just orange enough for my NC20 skin, dark hair and green eyes. It's lovely with nothing else on, and works well with simple eye makeup.

The formula, colour and packaging are all top-notch, exactly what I expected Chanel to be.