Living Proof Full Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Living Proof Full Shampoo

3.9

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been on a quest to find a new daily shampoo as I've moved and no longer have access to the salon brand I was using. I was excited to try this as I'd heard good reviews from several friends. In terms of lathering up it was nice, I didn't care much for the smell of it though and it was incredibly difficult to comb out my hair after using. Once I applied a leave in conditioner I was able to comb through my hair. The reason I won't be finishing the bottle or repurchasing is it created an almost instantaneous itch that after three uses I just couldn't get past. This has happened in the past with other shampoos though so take that with a grain of salt.

on 4/14/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have seborrhea and this is the first sulphate free shampoo that I try that I find decent. I till prefer a gentle sulphate shampoo over this, but this is gentle enough and rinses clean. It's good to use in a rotation alternate between that and my HG shampoo with sulphate OGX eucalyptus mint.Volume wise I never really see much difference with shampoo it's more in the styling products and blow out technique.

However all this is not my HG and I wouldn't use it at every wash but it's better than I thought.

If you can afford it and have a sensitive scalp I would give this one a try.

on 3/19/2017 10:55:00 PM

I'm really shocked this doesn't have a 4 start rating. This is the best shampoo I've used. It cleanses thoroughly without giving my hair either that stripped feeling or gross buildup all drugstore shampoos seem to. I wish it was cheaper but unless I find something else sulfate free that leave my hair feeling as soft I will be coming back to this.

on 1/28/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Made zero difference to my hair's (lack of) volume.
I have very fine and sparse hair, just past shoulder length and prone to oiliness.
I'm always on the look out for products to give me full and luscious locks. I've used the same brands PHD Shampoo & Conditioner (S&C) and I love, love, LOVE the result (truly my HG S&C) and was hoping this would be an improvement. Not so!
I purchased both S&C and a small bottle of the thickening cream (which was great, btw). This stuff did nothing for volume, fullness, body etc etc. Like nothing, zip, nada. To add insult to injury, it actually seemed to add to the oiliness and thus make my hair even flatter! boo! Unlike the PHD line, this didnt make my hair super shiny and soft, either.
The texture of the shampoo is pretty standard and gives a good lather. The texture of the conditioner is somewhat thick for a volumising conditioner and certainly did provide enough hydration and 'slip' which made brushing easy. No silicones either, which is a bonus. The scent for both is mild, inoffensive 'fresh' type scent.
But, as far as volumising goes- fail. For a decent, every day S&C it's fine- but why buy this when you could get PHD and having an AMAZING every day S&C?
I recommend picking up the travel size kit first and see if this works for your hair type. Sadly didnt work for me :(

on 11/12/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Super disappointed. Tried using this for a week and had to return it. It made my straight hair feel thinner and more lifeless than before. I had to counteract the ill effects by adding in a lot of thickening styling cream and root boosters. Made styling a very frustrating experience.

on 8/5/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this shampoo for a year now and I love it! It's the best volumizing shampoo I have ever used, and it's sulfate free. I find that my hair does best when I shampoo no more than three times a week. Sometimes I can even get away with twice a week. I have straight, medium thickness hair that's not too fine or coarse. It's prettty easy to manage but I get the volume and texture I like when my hair is dirty so I like to use a dry shampoo in between shampoos. For days when my hair is too dirty, I simply rinse (no shampoo!) and blow dry. On the days when shampoo, Full Shampoo leaves my hair super clean without drying, thick, shiny, and healthy. I don't recommend daily shampooing with this shampoo, not only because it might dry out your hair but also because it's quite expensive and you're basically washing your money down the drain. The scent is perfect for me--clean, light, and not perfumey or food-y. I like to have as little fragrance as possible in my life so I'm happy when my shampoos don't smell obnoxious and overpowering.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This makes my fine, limp hair have body and hold a curl, and a set. Usually I wear my hair in a bob, and I am doing it high poof and a little bit more curled for my wedding. Today I went veil shopping and had to walk 9 blocks in Seattle wind, rain, snow (April in Seattle) and it looked fine when I arrived. It even took a bit of rain when I took my friends pictures. Thanks to this shampoo my hair held most of the day and so I think I am going to do my own hair for my wedding. Glad Sephora gave me this sample.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I want to clarify that I'm reviewing the "Full" shampoo. I think they make a couple different formulations. I absolutely love this shampoo, conditioner, and thickening cream. I've tried tons of products over the years (both salon and drugstore brands) and this one is the best for me, hands down. My normally flat, limp, straight hair truly feels fuller and seems to have a bit more body as well. I got the whole system for $5 when the Today Show offered it on Jill's Deals & Steals ($75 value!), but I will pay full price when I run out. Love it!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This shampoo smells great and a small amount cleanses well. This helps somewhat with the high price. My hair was definitely smoother and shinier after use, a step above other products.