Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)
Redken Extreme Shampoo 250ml

4.3

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

on 12/17/2016 1:45:00 AM

I have dry ends with oily roots, the best products I have used are from the TIGI range ...(volume sham&con) I wanted to try this shampoo for a while and caved on the Black Friday sale at a local mall, after using this for a little while and trying to love it I just don't ;( it makes my hair very dull and dry and strips any moisture from the roots but almost leaves a waxy residue behind so that within the day it becomes flat and greasy!!! Will not be buying again am struggling to get through it TBH...

on 12/12/2016 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If you have truly damaged hair that doesn't need significant moisturisation, you will love this shampoo. I was worried as it was an opaque formula that it might leave my hair greasy, but on the contrary, it left it clean and bouncy. My hair feels more resilient and styles better since using this shampoo. I feel it would work better for finer hair rather than thicker hair as it is not moisturising at all, so this is something to keep in mind if you are buying it, but my hair type - fine, porous, damaged and wavy LOVES it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I took the plunge and got the $29 Liter bottle from Ulta after deciding between this and the Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Shampoo. This shampoo is really thick and leaves my hair very soft but after some time I feel like I need a more thorough cleansing. That's when I use my Regis Clarifying Shampoo to reset my hair which later on makes this shampoo work really well again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have extremely dry damaged bleached hair, and I am constantly trying new products as it is short and unmanageable now. I tried the whole extreme range - shampoo/conditioner/treatment/sealer etc and my hair is now worse then before :( made it more brittle, frizzy, and have more breakage then before.

on 10/10/2015 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I also have a lot of very fine curly (and frizzy - sigh) hair and the entire Redken Extreme line (shampoo, conditioner, and anti-snap leave-in treatment) works great for me. In fact, it is better than anything else that i have used, and I don't buy cheap products. After lightening and highlighting several times over the past year, my hair was in awful condition - dry and over processed to the point that it was breaking off. Rather than cut it all off as I usually end up doing, I decided to give this line a try after reading numerous positive reviews on various sites. After using these products for a couple of weeks (shampoo and condition every three days and anti-snap treatment every day), my hair was much improved. I highly recommend this shampoo but you absolutely must use it with the conditioner and leave-in treatment to reap the full benefits. The shampoo is gentle and moisturizing but it won't significantly improve the condition of your hair without the other products. Once your hair is in better condition, you should cut back on using the products to once or twice a week since too much protein can make your hair feel hard.

on 8/20/2015 8:29:00 AM

After all the reviews on this I had to give it a go. So So sSOOOOO unimpressed.

My hair - highlighted, very thin, but a bit of it, and quite fine - had a bad incident with bleach/chemical straightening. Apparently, this is HG stuff for this kind of category.

Where to begin - this was HORRIBLE for my hair. After the first few weeks my hair was in worse condition than it was before. I only used it twice like the hairdresser recommended.It started snapping out and was coming out in CHUNKS!!! I had never lost so much hair in my life. I stopped it straight away after I noticed the results and binned it.

It seemed to work for others but i say USE WITH CAUTION!

on 3/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Holy grail product for my highlighted, naturally curly but often straightened hair! Lathers well, smells good and a good dose of protein. I use this with the matching conditioner and anti-snap leave in at least once a week and the results have been amazing. Highly recommend this product for anyone who colors and heat styles their hair

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the trial size of the shampoo and conditioner at ulta last week. The hair stylist actually recommended it.. so I tried it. The first day I used it worked well. Second time I used it Ieft my hair straw like and tangled. Decided to use it one more time and the same thing happened. I'm so glad I didn't buy the big bottles.. sadly I'm still looking for a shampoo that will work on my thick frizzy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've bought and loved many high end shampoos and conditioners in my life, but I've never felt as if I just had to buy them again, or my hair would suffer. This is HG status, worth every penny stuff. It has completely saved my hair from breakage, and made it so strong. I strongly recommend this to anyone with lots of hair fall out due to chemicals. My hair does not shed very much with this, and it's grown twice as long. I love this stuff. I just hope it will continue to work for me. I think I'll start rotating it and not use it everyday, but it truly has been like a miracle for me!

on 2/8/2015 12:52:00 PM

This is my HG line for protein treatments. I dye my hair blonde so it gets dry and damaged if I dont regularly use protein on it and this is perfect. Ill use this shampoo with the extreme hair mask (squeeze tube one) and my hair will be so soft and silky after it dries. Love it so much! And it smells super good!!

Pros
-soft hair
-silky feel
-proteins
-hydrates

cons
(none)