4.2

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

I read about this last night and was so skeptical! Seemed too good to be true but my skin is oily in my t zone and has awful dry flaking patches, making make up sit terribl so thought I’d give it a go. I mixed 8 aspirin with a little water, applied to my face and left it on for 15 mins-ish and it’s so so good for my skin, The dryo patches literally washed away and my pores look a little smaller. My skins was sort and dewy. I’ve spent £££ on products such as the elemis papaya enzyme peel and this did just as good a job. Might not be for everybody but it really worked for me!!! Will be using twice a week for the next 2 months to see if it continues to work!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Glad I found this review when I first discovered the MUA through browsing the skin care on this site. For me I like to dissolve with a few drops of water until it crumbles, add 1 Tablespoon of honey and apply. It's nice because it also functions as a gentle scrub. Even my daughter who is acne prone can use this, and I like to add a handful to my foot bath.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I know this is so good for so many people, but I just cannot do this to my skin. It would be nice if I could, because it is so easy and inexpensive. I have very sensitive, dry skin that is prone to breakouts from allergies and sensitivities and it gets some clogged pores. This seems like it would be great for those pesky little clogged pores, but no, no, no- this is not for me. After I tried this, my face looked as dry as the desert and it had this ashen, dead look to it. And it was also irritated and red in spots. The Paula's Choice beta- hydroxy product does the same thing, and aspirin is a beta- hydroxy, so I guess I should have just realized that this was not going to be any different. But this was actually worse than the PC product because it made bumps that were almost like hives on my face. I can use an alpha-hydroxy (glycolic acid) on my skin, but only one brand and that is Glycoderma, which I have reviewed. I do not know why it works so much better than any other glycolic, it could be the other ingredients in the cream. All I know is I do not get one bit of irritation from it. So I will just stick with that and stay away from aspirin and other beta products.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I uses this when I pierced my belly button and it looked like a keloid was developing. I crushed aspirin and put a couple of drops of water to make a thick paste. I put the paste on the red area of the piercing and slept with it over night. It took a couple of weeks but no keloid. Had my piercing for 7 yrs

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Hi everyone. I just did this for the first time, mixing the asprin with water then honey. It was great, I have nothing really to add regarding efficacy. But then I discovered this, which I thought I'd better leave here. It may not be 100% safe? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10519166

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Can't believe this actually worked. The first time I got the Mint Julep mask and put the aspirin on with that. I couldn't believe how great my skin felt. Over the last couple of days, I've just been using the aspirin and water. The red marks on my chin are already starting to fade after 3 uses.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This is my guarantee pimple/cyst reducing mask, no other home remedy has worked so well for my acne/blemish prone skin. I dilute a few with some water until I reach a pasty texture that my skin will absorb, works very well as an overnight mask. you will wake up to reduced sized zits.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Other

5 years ago

Omg! I have always been so skeptical over trying this. I thought ok, this is probably one of those homemade cheap remedies that doesnt work. But I was wrong! I was so insecure about my current acne breakout, my acne was so red & inflamed couldn't even cover it up with makeup. Well after trying this face mask, all the redness was gone! In just two days! most of the pimples even dried up already. All I did was heat up some water in a little container & then let 6 tablets soak up the water untIL it is a paste kind of. Then I applied it with a cotton ball twice a day.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

5 years ago

My skin: combo, sensitive, hormonal acne, occasional other clogged pores/pimples This mask works quite well for me. I mix 5-6 uncoated tablets with just a few drops of water to dissolve them, then add honey into it and put on damp clean skin. Let sit for 5 mins then gently scrub/rinse off. It definitely help brighten skin and reduce redness. It works well on sensitive skin and does help to dry out pimples.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

5 years ago

I did this mask and its harsh. But worksss. I can not do this mask as i broke out on hives on my face badly each time i tried to apply the mask:(

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium