Aspirin Mask

Price: $

C₇H₆O₃

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I know this is so good for so many people, but I just cannot do this to my skin. It would be nice if I could, because it is so easy and inexpensive. I have very sensitive, dry skin that is prone to breakouts from allergies and sensitivities and it gets some clogged pores. This seems like it would be great for those pesky little clogged pores, but no, no, no- this is not for me.
After I tried this, my face looked as dry as the desert and it had this ashen, dead look to it. And it was also irritated and red in spots. The Paula's Choice beta- hydroxy product does the same thing, and aspirin is a beta- hydroxy, so I guess I should have just realized that this was not going to be any different. But this was actually worse than the PC product because it made bumps that were almost like hives on my face.
I can use an alpha-hydroxy (glycolic acid) on my skin, but only one brand and that is Glycoderma, which I have reviewed. I do not know why it works so much better than any other glycolic, it could be the other ingredients in the cream. All I know is I do not get one bit of irritation from it. So I will just stick with that and stay away from aspirin and other beta products.

on 10/7/2016 11:54:00 AM

I uses this when I pierced my belly button and it looked like a keloid was developing. I crushed aspirin and put a couple of drops of water to make a thick paste. I put the paste on the red area of the piercing and slept with it over night. It took a couple of weeks but no keloid. Had my piercing for 7 yrs

To Read all 2245 Reviews, Login or Join

Hi everyone. I just did this for the first time, mixing the asprin with water then honey. It was great, I have nothing really to add regarding efficacy. But then I discovered this, which I thought I'd better leave here. It may not be 100% safe?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can't believe this actually worked. The first time I got the Mint Julep mask and put the aspirin on with that. I couldn't believe how great my skin felt. Over the last couple of days, I've just been using the aspirin and water. The red marks on my chin are already starting to fade after 3 uses.

on 8/22/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my guarantee pimple/cyst reducing mask, no other home remedy has worked so well for my acne/blemish prone skin. I dilute a few with some water until I reach a pasty texture that my skin will absorb, works very well as an overnight mask.
you will wake up to reduced sized zits.

Omg! I have always been so skeptical over trying this. I thought ok, this is probably one of those homemade cheap remedies that doesnt work. But I was wrong! I was so insecure about my current acne breakout, my acne was so red & inflamed couldn't even cover it up with makeup. Well after trying this face mask, all the redness was gone! In just two days! most of the pimples even dried up already.
All I did was heat up some water in a little container & then let 6 tablets soak up the water untIL it is a paste kind of. Then I applied it with a cotton ball twice a day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My skin: combo, sensitive, hormonal acne, occasional other clogged pores/pimples

This mask works quite well for me. I mix 5-6 uncoated tablets with just a few drops of water to dissolve them, then add honey into it and put on damp clean skin. Let sit for 5 mins then gently scrub/rinse off.

It definitely help brighten skin and reduce redness. It works well on sensitive skin and does help to dry out pimples.

I did this mask and its harsh. But worksss. I can not do this mask as i broke out on hives on my face badly each time i tried to apply the mask:(

on 5/27/2015 1:24:00 AM

Love, seriously keeps my skin looking amazing- I only use one every two weeks or so though. However if you have sensitive skin make sure you try it out on a small patch of skin first.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

hi! I'm Diane H. -- I think I came up with my particular formulation of this mask in the last 90s on alt.fashion. the idea of using aspirin in skincare was certainly not new to me; I just came up with my particular formulation (5-6 generic aspirin + warm water, apply for 10 minutes, rinse). it was one of those magical "right time, right place" things -- after I posted about it in alt.fashion, it took over the newsgroup for a while! the idea spread like wildfire after that, and I've seen it all over the web, on TV shows, in magazines -- just about everywhere.

I still use the aspirin mask myself at age 50, about once a week. it gets rid of dry, flaky skin and keeps my pores clear. I love it, and am thrilled to see people still use it, post about it and love it, even to this day.