L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

3.0

on 5/8/2013 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This made no impact on my lashes looking longer or fuller and it smeared. No thanks to this one!

on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM

Blech! This might be one of the worst mascaras EVER! First of all, the "primer" does nothing but clump up on your lashes, and then when you put the mascara over it, you can still see the white primer! After a couple of hours it flaked even more and looked like I was wearing white mascara almost. I didn't even give it another shot-total waste of money. Returned ASAP.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Double Extension Mascara. Been using it since it was first launched. L'oreal has discontinued one of my most favourite variant which packed in gold & blue tube (with serum). Even though it doesnt hold that long but my lashes looks healthier & stronger. Last month I bought the purple and gold tube and its waterproof type. Gosh...regretted buying this one. Its very dry and my lashes stick together and i have difficulties unclumping it. Good thing, it holds. Thats all! Very difficult to get rid of it even though I use tons of Clinique eye make up remover. Am very very dissapointed with this new launched. My lashes drops a lot due to the harshness of the base and liquid. I will not continue using it or i will be out of lashes soon. Please please launch the blue/gold variant back in the market. I am from Singapore!

on 12/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm pale with auburn hair and infuriatingly oily eyelids. So finding a mascara that doesn't go panda after a few hours has been a lifelong quest. I'd heard a lot about these 'tubing' mascaras which apparently nothing short of a tsunami in the face would shift.

So the mascara comes in a black/white tube - half primer and half mascara. I applied the primer first, then quickly applied the mascara, as per the instructions. It went on quite smoothly and the mascara itself didn't clump. Didn't seem to lengthen or curl the lashes but I wasn't bothered. As long as it STAYED PUT.

Which it did for three and a half hours before starting to shed under my eyes. After five hours, old Panda Eyes looked back from the mirror.

So next time, wanting to be fair I applied Urban Decay's Eye Primer on both my eyelids and under the eye before applying primer and mascara again.

Again it stayed put for about three and a half hours before going south. This time, however, it also flaked onto my lids too.

They can send a man to the moon but nobody has come up with a mascara for oily eyelids that works. This one cost me £11 and I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/6/2013 7:20:00 PM

It looks great and for the price I expected something fantastic. I did not get it but it's not horrible, just alright.

The moisturising part does make your eyelashes crispy.

I would not buy again.

on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 AM

it can last for whole day and easy to wash it off, but i don't think it gives length to my lashes! I won't buy it again!

on 11/14/2012 3:50:00 PM

Steer away from this mascara.

I was browsing the drugstore meaning to buy Lumi base and concealer which I had previously laid my eyes on. Apparently that particular day they were giving out presents to anyone who purchased L'Oreal goods valued over a certain amount. As a present, I got this mascara.

First of all, I'd like to say that I have blond lashes, so they are not very thick, but with the right kind of mascara you can really work with them and make them look thicker and longer. So, to ruin what I have really takes one hell of a mascara.

I had my first go at it by the book - I applied the white base, then the mascara. By the time I was putting mascara on, the white coat turned rigid and crunchy - not the nicest feeling. Once the colour went on my lashes just stuck together. Moreover, it takes ages to remove it. It comes out as pieces of rubber, my boyfriend was spotting them for hours after I was done removing my make-up.

To be fair, I decided to give it any chance. I look at the brush and it looks like one of those high-end volumizing mascaras I have had. It looks like it has potential. Well, it does not. Without the base, it does not work either. My lashes looks thin, crunchy and aweful. I'm done trying.

on 11/21/2011 1:46:00 PM

This mascara disappointed me a bit. I thought it would make my lashes looks way longer than it actually does! Also, it doesn't separate them really well. I suggest applying this mascara only on the ends of your lashes. This product costed quite a bit too much for me (20).. I bought much more satisfying mascaras for less.

on 2/26/2011 8:03:00 AM

I believe this is my 3rd Double Extension mascara. I had the first generation one from a couple of years back, and then got the double extension beauty tubes, this is my latest. The white base is quite gooey so I blot the excess off before application. I apply it only at the ends of my lashes for lengthening (after the Shiseido nourishing mascara base and Kate mascara base). The actual mascara part of the tube is much drier. However I still blot the wand and apply with a very light hand coating the lashes lightly before using a curl mascara on my lashes. Its not too bad a mascara but I don't think I would re-purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this for length (black side) AND volume (white side). Sometimes when I want a particularly dramatic look, I use the white mascara under a higher-end lengthening mascara, but this one is perfectly suitable for everyday use.