Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.4

on 8/15/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The pretty packaging of this got me to buy it. A friend of mine wears white diamonds and it smells good on her, so I had pretty good expectations. When I put it on, I'm really disappointed. It really smells rank when you first put it on, but it settles and doesn't smell that bad. BUT the scent wears off so fast that I don't even smell like I'm wearing any perfume at all. This is just not for me....

on 9/15/2012 12:48:00 AM

For me, Violet Eyes could only be described as an olfactory scribble in one color (but not purple, because purple is too bold). This perfume was simply flat, sweet, floral, and thin, lacking any complexity or interesting characteristics. In fact, it's the first fragrance that has left me feeling "confused" while wearing it because it seems like there should be more to the fragrance, but there just ... isn't.

Distressingly, I went to bed after spraying some on my arm, and during the night, I had to make efforts to distance my arm from my face, as the smell of Violet Eyes made me feel agitated and kind of sick while I was trying to sleep.

I know some people love this fragrance, and I'm glad they get more out of it than I do. Admittedly, the bottle is a lovely color, and the packaging is feminine and pretty, but this fragrance was too lacking in personality for me to enjoy it.

on 3/9/2012 10:02:00 AM

It has taken me several months to decide how to review this scent. It is not one of my favorite frags but I enjoy having it in my collection. I also expect, having purchased this in the winter, that I will reach for it more as the weather improves, it seems more of a spring/summer scent.

The most confusing part of this frag is the lasting power, upon my first couple of uses I thought it had horrible staying power. I can't smell it much an hour or two after I put it on. But, I've since realized that this perfume does actually stay all day and has decent silage, it's just one of those scents that blends with my skin so much that I cease to realize it's still there unless I take a piece of clothing off and put it back on or sniff it the next day. So if you like this scent but feels it disappears quickly, rest assured, it does not, you still smell good!

As for the scent itself, I'm bad at describing notes, but it's a light floral with a hint of musk and warmth. I get some cedar and amber, muted by a stronger floral, some rose and jasmine I think, and then maybe a touch of fruit in it as well. Nice and light and unoffensive.

on 1/15/2012 3:20:00 PM

I've been searching for a "signature" daily scent for awhile. A few years ago, my family had a house fire and my extensive fragrance collection went up in smoke with the house. I've been loathe to buy anything else more substantial than a body spray.

Violet Eyes changed that. I'm not a big fan of some of Elizabeth Taylor's other perfumes, most seem grandmotherly and/or overpowering. Violet Eyes is different. It's clean, modern, sexy, charming... All wrapped up in a pretty bottle. This scent is good for day or night, and I'll wear it daily, I love it so.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I sampled this at walmart and I was surprised its light, fruity fresh very nice BUT it kept reminding me of a familiar scent then I remembered its a lot like luscious pink and I already have l.p. So I probly won't buy this but the bottle is pretty and I like the white diamonds bottles they look classy and nice on the dresser so idk maybe if I get it on discount.

on 10/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

A very subtle yet sexy fragrance. I love the bottle too! My only critique is the scent doesn't last long. It's a beautiful lush fragrance though.

OK, a few days later and I *really* like this fragrance! Sometimes I catch a whiff of it and think, "wow, something smells really nice" and it's me! hahaha This scent is hot and sexy. I'm going to buy a few more bottles when I go back to walmart.

To me it smells exactly like a sheerer version of Light Blue. I don't get any violets, don't know if they're listed in the notes. I like the scent, it's pretty.

on 3/31/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this soft, sweet floral scent, but it's very subtle, even freshly applied. Faded completely within two hours.

Popular Fragrances