Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have to admit, I'm disappointed in this blush. Dollface is described as a light pink, but it looks more like what I would expect Amused to be. On me (I'm a MAC NC15, by the way), it's a sheer berry shade that makes my skin look slightly ruddy. It's also not nearly as pigmented as I thought it would be. I need to apply a few layers to make it look even because it applies sort of patchy, even on well-primed skin. It also has a "sheen" to it, which is nice if you like glowy blushes, but I like my blushes matte. If you like natural blushes like these, I would highly recommend 100 Percent Pure blushes. Their "Chiffon" shade is pretty much what I expected Tarte's Dollface to be- a pale, cool pink.
Overall, I'm giving this a neutral rating of 3. Cute packaging, nice concept and I LOVE that it's natural. It's just not for me.

I have fair skin with pink undertones and this blush works very well for me. It's a pale matte pink and highly pigmented, so I used a BE featherlight brush for application vs a regular dense blush brush. In the winter it gives me a lovely pink cheeked glow and I think it will be great for spring as well. It really does last all day and it applies smoothly. I've been using it almost every day for about 3 months now and have hardly made a dent. I love that since it's a clay based product there is no powder fallout like some blushes and eyeshadows have. I highly recommend these blushes and will definitely be purchasing more shades.

I ordered this blush online from Sephora. It is the prettiest matte pink and it goes on super smooth. It also stays on for a very long time. I plan on picking up a couple more in the near future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I am officially in love and I would propose and mary this blush. thank you girls before me who reviewed this and got me interested in it. I own nars the "O" blush and while the color is gorgeous but since I have pit scars om my cheeks the glitter would oxidize and sit in them after 2-3 hours of wear. So I decided to try something natural. I first bought tipsy (peachy coral). Ummmm my pores were so unnoticeable under it. Today I picked up dollface (I wanted exposed but my skins too fair I am afraid it will look muddy on me). So I put on the dollface. Holly guacamole! I found it - just out of the windy walk blush. Pink but not bubble pink, more cold toned but so natural. There is a hole on the bottom of the package (you can put a needle through it todepot). The only beef is the price $33 can. I thought nars was expensive. I do need to touch up as my skin "eats up" the make up ( big pores, big appetite). But it lasts 4-5 hors on me. Give it a try you will be shocked.

I have nc30 skin tone and on my skin this reminds me of mac well dressed. However, a tinge on the yellow side which i really dont mind. I say tinge because first well dress does not show up on me unless i pack it on. But by packing it on, you really see the cool tone on my yellow tone skin esp. When well dressed has a bit of silver shimmers which can look a bit unatural. Dollface, i find is more pigmented, shows up right away, it is matte and looks more wearable for me so i think it might be because it has a tinge of yellow. Compare to welldressed, dollface last way longer on my oily combo skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blush gives a pretty flush, like coming in out of the cold in winter, a pop of pink that looks nice if used with a light hand. It only takes a slight soft swipe with this and good blending to make it look natural. I hate to admit it, but I think I was drawn to this because of the packaging and the concept that it is supposed to be good for your skin. It does seem to last, but come on, 12 hours is a little hyped. It is also expensive, as another reviewer stated, more than NARS! I seem to reach for my Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Pink Frosting more than this and it is at a fraction of the price. Doll Face is pretty, but not worth the price. Don't be seduced by the cute packaging and 12 hour hype.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This reminds me of Cargo Catalina only softer in color (not so fluorescent), slightly more cool in color, and a little darker - kind of like the more grownup version of Catalina. The application is not so pigmented where you have to barely touch the blush and then your cheeks to avoid looking like a clown. You can use it like a normal blush. But ultimately, it has too strong of a peach undertone, and I prefer something a little more pink. It doesn't have any shimmer (where Amused has just a touch), which is critical for me, but it does have lanolin, so I can't use it - and the color isn't really right for me either. I think the people who will really like this are those looking for a peach blush and who are tired of trying to work with all of the really bright colors out there. I personally prefer MAC Pinch o' Peach, which is similar, but better than this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First off I will say that I am a blush whore and have tried many, I found that Mac blushes have no lasting power on me and if applied in the morning will last only about 2-4 hrs max and be gone by mid-day. Nars blushes were my go to since they had better lasting power...until Tarte entered the scene. Now these little treasures are my favorites (they literally last all day on me and dont oxidize and change color), I have a lot of Nars blushes and have just recently picked these up in Tipsy, Glisten (QVC exclusive), Blissful, Exposed and Flush. I will write a review on all of these...now onto Dollface, it's a pretty matte sheer pink color, it reminds me of MAC Pink Swoon which I loved but like I said before about Mac blushes, would be gone in a few hours. It also kind of reminds me of Nars Sex Appeal although SA has to be layered and layered to get the color to show and it leans more peach. Either way I love dollface!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the perfect pink blush! No obnoxious shimmers or glitters like with NARS blushes. I went to Sephora today to pick up one of these blushes in Tipsy, and I ended up with this one as well. The beauty consultant at Sephora tried this out on me, and I fell in love! This adds the perfect pink natural looking flush to my cheeks. Not too cool. I'd recommend this for all skintones. I would look especially gorgeous on medium-tan skintones similar to my complexion. I swatched some of the other colors, and they are great as well. Flush, adored, and blushing bride are super pigmented and would be amazing on deeper skintones! I've tried quite a few blushes, including MAC and NARS, and these Tarte blushes beat them hands down! I have a Tarte Cheekstain in Dollface. I'm wondering how this will layer with that. Tipsy is a beautiful color as well. I couldn't resist. It's the perfect summer shade. These are great. If you love blushes, try these out. You won't be disappointed.
These are on the expensive side (still slightly cheaper than NARS and you get slightly more product), but they are well worth it. The colors are beautiful and last.

update: 2/9/13- i love this! this is the perfect everyday color. i usually apply the tarte mineral bronzer in park ave princess and then follow with this blush for work. perfect pink shade on my naturally tan skin.

This is a wonderful product! It really stays on all day! I thought it would be too bright, but the color of the blush in the pan is not the way it shows up on my cheeks. Gives a nice flush of color that lasts. If only it wasn't so pricey!