Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer
Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer

4.3

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found this at walmart finally. They didn't seem to be carrying the blushes though.

Overall I really enjoy this product. I got it in the regular bronzer shade, there's a light bronzer shade as well which is the same color scheme as the regular bronzer but just a few shades lighter. I think this would work well for people with lighter skin tones than I am (NC43ish) since its finely milled and doesn't go on heavy. Honestly I can barely see any color payoff with my skin tone but it does give my skin a nice glow. It has a subtle shimmer to it and is not orange at all. The pink heart carries the most shimmer in it, so avoiding it makes a slight difference. The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless for me but I do really love the smell of the powder. I will probably end up buying a backup and a blush or two once I can find them at a better price because its really good.

I am doing this review on the *LIGHT BRONZER*.

It is a finely milled mosaic bronzer with a beautiful violet scent. There are four shades of "bronze" that vary from a pale tan to a medium tan, and a pale pink. The bronzer has a fine shimmer, but the shimmer is most pronounced in the pink, while it appears that the tan shades only have an overspray, as I've noticed it has become more matte in appearance over use this past week.

I would not recommend this shade as a bronzer, for light-medium skin tones as it is far too light for my NC20-25 skin. This *might* work as a brozner for anyone lighter, but on me, this imparts a nice healthy glow. I like to use this as a light dusting over my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder to bring back a bit of glow to my face, while still being able to control my oily skin.

The violet scent is nice, but may be overpowering for those sensitive to fragrances. The scent does not transfer to your skin at all. The packaging is incredibly bulky but nothing different from the PF Bronze Booster currently sold by them. I honestly would buy this just for the scent...it does make me smile.

Paid $16.99, with $6 mail in rebate at SDM in Canada. Original retail is $21.99 CDN, but varies from store to store. I'd wait for a 40% off discount at SDM if possible.

on 2/10/2011 5:27:00 PM

I am a bronzer freak, I have owned over 20! Ive tried everything from MAC to NYC. This one is currently my holy grail. This bronzer goes on so smooth, and has a great, silky texture. It smells like flowers, which I love..but that might not be a good for those with sensitive skin. It's not too orange for me. Being that my skin is mainly oily..I don't like wearing anything to shimmery on my face, and this gives my skin the perfect summer glow. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product, but it's worth it. It hasn't broken out my acne-prone skin either! Another great product from physicians formmula!

on 2/17/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok I wasn't impressed with the price, it was around $20 Canadian but I do love this stuff. I'm obsessed with bronzers and this one has made it into my daily rotation. It gives a beautiful healthy glow. Plus I'm a sucker for the packaging and it smells beautiful.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Physicians Formula Makeup is one of my Favorite Makeup Brands.They are kinda of expensive but they are all worth it to me:P I have never been into Bronzer b/c i am so pale, the color Ivory! But i Bought this Happy Booster Bronzer and I LOVE IT!~ I HAVE LIKE 20 BRONZERS FROM PHYSICIANS FORMULA AND I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Including their bronzer stones, Compact bronzer with case, Bronzer in the brown case and TONS MORE:P i just have so many and i use bronzereveryday now!!! I am so Happy i bought this b/c if i did not buy this til this day i would not be wearing bronzer!!! This makes your face look so good and the bronzer smells amazing!!!! It smells like my tanning lotion!!!

I also love love love The Happy Booster settling powder in beige!!! i want to write a review about this but cant find it:( This powder is AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND PHYSICIANS FORMULA TO EVERYONE!!!!! This powder makes my face look so good and has some shimmer to it!! I LOVE this powder and i love ALL Physicians Formula makeup.. Will buy over and over and over again!!! Their makeup is pricey but it is all worth it to me:P LOVE LOVE THIS BRAND!!!

For reference i am NC30 and NC35 in the summer. I have to say I love this "bronzer". Ive been getting sick of my pale winter skin and i had been using my Tarte PAP. Although its my HG Bronzer its too dark for the winter. I got sucked into the Happy Booster buzz and I ordered the bronzer. It is a very light bronzer for my skin tone. I use it more as a finishing powder and it gives me just the right amount of "glow" for lack of a better word. Im not so sure I would recommend this for darker skintones but if you want some color but that doesnt look too harsh in the winter I would suggest to try this out.

on 2/25/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

great inexpensive bronzer! I use the light color on my fair skin and it works perfectly as a subtle wash of color (doesn't scream, 'hey i have bronzer on'). the packaging is a little cheap which is my only gripe. Also, the brush that comes with it is not the best; I use an eco tools bronzer brush. As for the scent that's in the product. it doesn't bother me but i don't really notice it that much either.

-This review is for the LIGHT bronzer-

***EDIT: I put clear nail polish over the pink heart to seal it and it worked great! It didn't seep into any of the rest of the bronzer, and now no pink gets picked up by my brush. It's a proper bronzer now and still looks cute :) After using this for a while w/out the pink I think it is darker than WnW AG sadly, but it still looks nice.

I'm so stoked I found this bronzer! I think this is possibly a replacement for my much loved and sadly discontinued WnW Acapulco Glow. The color is perfect for my NC20ish complexion, and like the reviewer below me said, it gives me some healthy color without screaming BRONZER! and making me look like an oompah loompah. The only thing I don't like is the pink heart. It's super cute to look at, but for contouring and highlighting it's unnecessary and can look bad. I think without the pink heart this would be a dead on dupe for WnW AG. I also wish the price was comparable too because this is expensive IMO for a drugstore bronzer.

The ingredients might be a problem for acne prone skins, the 1st two ingredients are talc, and corn starch and the ingredient list is also heavy on oils.

on 3/2/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited to try this after reading the reviews and because I generally like this brand of bronzer. I don't love this product though. The color itself is good (for my fair winter skin it was plenty bronze enough) but no matter how many times I try to apply it (even over primer and powder) it ends up uneven. Too dark and muddy looking in certain areas. Very unnatural. I also dislike the scent. I expected something lighter and fresher. This scent smells like a cloying cheap perfume and makes me slightly nauseous and I am not normally sensitive to smells. I bought the blush at the same time and while I have trouble getting that to apply evenly as well it works better than the bronzer because I am not covering as large an area. I'm hoping the streaky hard to blend aspect of this bronzer is less noticable after I sunless tan my skin. Perhaps it will blend better then. UPDATE: I find I can use this product if I apply very lightly on smaller areas like my cheeks only and not all over. SECOND UPDATE: with sunless tanner on and after the first few applications I find this applies better and I actually really like it now. I have to be light handed and used a better brush but I get a rosy tan flush using it. Bought it again

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After seeing many discussions on the message board about the ladies getting Happy Booster I deceided to try it. I got it at CVS for $13.99 but did get $7 in rewards bucks back. From the moment I opened it, I was in love with the smell. It is a soft violet. Very clean. The packaging is nice, the brush is very cheap and not so useful (at first!). I found that the best way to apply it was to use my normal powder brush and then even it out with the brush it came with on the edges (it is a flat brush). I'm sure this will last me quite sometime as I just started using bronzer again after I was displeased with so many other products. All in all I am happy and really want to try the blush now! great for starters to the bronzer world: has an array of shades you can blend as needed. I would purchase this product again.