MAC Matte - Quarry

Matte - QuarryMatte - Quarry

4.2

on 1/14/2016 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is ok, but there are so many similar type shades with better texture out there. I much prefer a softer version, like UD Laced on all accounts. The UD Naked 3 also has some similar shades that apply much cleaner and less muddy. I am fan of both brands (MAC & UD) and MAC has some HG eye shadows for me (Vex, Sumptuous Olive, Vanilla), but Quarry is just there. There is even a NYX shade that is similar that I prefer over this (though I can not remember the name, but it is matte too).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful shade, an absolutely gorgeous soft dusty rose-taupe, matte. Still, it suffers from the same issues (to a lesser degree) that MAC Scene does: patchy, poor colour payoff, very poor lasting power. It doesn't fade evenly, even, so reapplication is a must. I love this colour and can suggest a very very close dupe -- the medium colour from the Annabelle Haute Chocolate trio. Same finely milled, smooth texture, but it goes on better, blends better, and lasts longer. The colour is very similar, just slightly more on the purple side, by a hair. I really wish this and Mac Scene lasted better, I wanted them for years ever since Kandee Johnson made a video on 'new years makeup' and bridal makeup. I've also seen some nice FOTD's with it, but the poor quality (not the colour) would keep me from repurchasing.

To Read all 120 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/6/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't tell if I like this on it's own, but I love it for blending out darker eye shadows. My favorite is to use it to blend out Stila Espresso or a dark to medium gray. It gives smoky eyes such a lovely, almost sunsetty feel.

It also pairs well with MAC Malt, although I can't decide if I like the combo on myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why did I buy this? Ugh. This is just like Urban Decay's Tease eyeshadow, which looked like a bruise on my eyes. I am fair but warmish complected. This color does nothing for my eyes. I asked a friend if it looked like a bruise on my eyelid and he agreed that it kind of does and said he prefers my regular eyeshadow that I use... which leans in the warm browns/taupe/greys. Back to MAC this is going to go.

on 7/27/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is very close to Haux but Haux is shiny and pink. This is a neutral eye shadow and works well in the crease for depth effect. I love this and Wedge. Wedge is a bit blah compared to this. This is a bright and at the same time, subtle eye shadow. I use a light pink shadow and this with on my crease with a little bit of eye liner in the outer corner of my eyes. That is all I would need to create a young and happy eye makeup. Highly recommended.

on 3/3/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is not very well pigmented and is very dry. The plum/brown/gray color is very pretty and unique. Similar to Haux, but I MUCH prefer Haux (creamier texture, better pigmentation, nice Satin finish, and the slightly rosier color is more flattering on me). While Haux makes me look awake, Quarry has a bit more purple/grey which makes me look more tired.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Does not crease or settle or flake, goes on like butter and wears nicely throughout the day.

I am also in my 40's now so I appreciate shades like this. I am not a fan of sparkle.

I sometimes wear this all over the lid or pair it with a darker taupe and/or matte brown or even a charcoal brown shade if I feel like 'playing' or putting more time/effort into my eye look. If I am feeling girly and actually want some sparkle, I will add a touch of a pale-pink sparkle shade either in the center or in the tear duct. But again, this is great just all-over the lid on days you want a 'fuss-free' makeup day...Just so many options with this.

Just a nice flattering 'womanly' shade that makes me feel pretty!!!

Would recommend, esp if you like mattes, taupes, or very-light-purple shades.
I also do not get 'powder fallout' when I sweep the brush over the shadow, if you know what I mean. And the shadow itself is not powdery nor chalky and again I do not get any fallout or dusting under my eye when I apply this.

Just applies well and behaves well.
Great, great eyshadow!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

MAC Quarry is a great shadow. This works great for the crease...looks natural...a bit on the purple side...it's matte...good for older gals like me. At first I thought it would look too much like copperplate, but copperplate is more gray; quarry is more purple. I used it in the crease...used mystery in the outer v. Add blanc type on the mobile lid and as a highlight = done.

I was looking for a subtle smokey eyeshadow color that wasn't dramatic and heavy... something I could wear everyday even as a natural look. This is the perfect color for that. It's subtle but pigmented just right. The color is so pretty... it's like a grayish/lavender color that looks great on my olive/golden medium skin tone. I sometimes wear this without eyeliner and with just mascara + bold lipstick. Love!

It's pretty, but not my favorite. I was on the fence on buying it and am still on the fence. I rarely use it. There are better colors in MAC for this type of look.