MAC Cosmetics Matte Eyeshadow - Quarry

Matte Eyeshadow - QuarryMatte Eyeshadow - QuarryMatte Eyeshadow - Quarry

4.1

on 12/18/2018 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked the color, but... this is so dry! I can barely get any of this onto a brush - it is way too densely packed, to the point that I can't use it - I feel bad for my brushes having to be rubbed so hard into this. If you want a dupe of this, I would suggest Chic Happens from Colourpop - great texture and price. Only issue is that it's sometimes out of stock, and Colourpop change out their shades from time to time, so you never know for how long something sticks around.

I tried scraping this. I tried taking the upper layer of product off with tape, and I still cannot get any color payout. I bought this about 2 years ago, in a MAC Pro store in Vancouver, but it's so bad that it's going into the trash, barely used. And: yes, it has been this texture since I bought it - I'm not just pulling it out of my stash after 2 years of storing

on 3/5/2018 10:32:00 PM

It is a nice pink color for a nude look on fair skinned people but still, it is very similar to haux, but less pigmented, so I personally prefer haux over quarry. It has the same problem that most mac matte eyeshadow do: applies patchy.

on 1/24/2018 7:48:00 PM

Creamy, went on like butter. Matte makes it more neutral, and less shiny and overt. My favourite shade from Mac so far. Christmas gift, I was not let down. Love the neutral tone, and how it's so easy to pair with other colours, makes a create addition to a smokey eye. Would definitely buy again, recommend to everyone.

on 9/14/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this shade hoping to use it as a single colour all over the eyelid, but it didnt work out. The plum/taupe shade is attractive but on fair skins it can look like a bruise. I agree with another reviewer that the pigment isn't even and the shadow fades patchily. However, I have recently found that it blends well with MAC satin Grain, and I plan to apply them together for a muted natural look. I think that this shade might be better if it had a satin finish.

on 1/14/2016 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is ok, but there are so many similar type shades with better texture out there. I much prefer a softer version, like UD Laced on all accounts. The UD Naked 3 also has some similar shades that apply much cleaner and less muddy. I am fan of both brands (MAC & UD) and MAC has some HG eye shadows for me (Vex, Sumptuous Olive, Vanilla), but Quarry is just there. There is even a NYX shade that is similar that I prefer over this (though I can not remember the name, but it is matte too).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful shade, an absolutely gorgeous soft dusty rose-taupe, matte. Still, it suffers from the same issues (to a lesser degree) that MAC Scene does: patchy, poor colour payoff, very poor lasting power. It doesn't fade evenly, even, so reapplication is a must. I love this colour and can suggest a very very close dupe -- the medium colour from the Annabelle Haute Chocolate trio. Same finely milled, smooth texture, but it goes on better, blends better, and lasts longer. The colour is very similar, just slightly more on the purple side, by a hair. I really wish this and Mac Scene lasted better, I wanted them for years ever since Kandee Johnson made a video on 'new years makeup' and bridal makeup. I've also seen some nice FOTD's with it, but the poor quality (not the colour) would keep me from repurchasing.

on 12/6/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't tell if I like this on it's own, but I love it for blending out darker eye shadows. My favorite is to use it to blend out Stila Espresso or a dark to medium gray. It gives smoky eyes such a lovely, almost sunsetty feel.

It also pairs well with MAC Malt, although I can't decide if I like the combo on myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why did I buy this? Ugh. This is just like Urban Decay's Tease eyeshadow, which looked like a bruise on my eyes. I am fair but warmish complected. This color does nothing for my eyes. I asked a friend if it looked like a bruise on my eyelid and he agreed that it kind of does and said he prefers my regular eyeshadow that I use... which leans in the warm browns/taupe/greys. Back to MAC this is going to go.

on 7/27/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is very close to Haux but Haux is shiny and pink. This is a neutral eye shadow and works well in the crease for depth effect. I love this and Wedge. Wedge is a bit blah compared to this. This is a bright and at the same time, subtle eye shadow. I use a light pink shadow and this with on my crease with a little bit of eye liner in the outer corner of my eyes. That is all I would need to create a young and happy eye makeup. Highly recommended.

on 3/3/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color is not very well pigmented and is very dry. The plum/brown/gray color is very pretty and unique. Similar to Haux, but I MUCH prefer Haux (creamier texture, better pigmentation, nice Satin finish, and the slightly rosier color is more flattering on me). While Haux makes me look awake, Quarry has a bit more purple/grey which makes me look more tired.