Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion water resistant

3.0

on 5/26/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm already a fan of the LashBlast mascaras, and I didn't have a particularly different experience with this one versus the others that I've tried (LashBlast Original orange tube, normal and waterproof).
I love the wands on the LashBlast mascara, and this was no different. My only complaint is the brush makes it a little bit hard to get the corner lashes and bottom lashes without smearing. The Fusion mascara thickened my lashes and definitely made them look longer. I wouldn't say there was a huge difference between the regular LashBlast and the Fusion version. I only used one coat at a time so I can't say if it was good for multiple coats or not.
I personally had no problems with flaking (with 1 coat) but it wouldn't hold a curl. My lashes are straight and a bit on the short side, so I need something that holds a curl and doesn't weigh them down.
My only other complaint for this mascara was that it dried out SO FAST. The normal LashBlast mascara dries out kind of fast on it's own, but I found this definitely dried out faster than other mascara's I've owned. I was fairly disappointed because the tube is pretty big, and I feel like I'm missing out on half the product. Because it's the waterproof version you can't add sterile saline solution to re-hydrate it once it's dried out either.

All in all, it did the job and didn't burn my eyes, but I won't re-buy this particular version of the LashBlast Mascara.

This literally does nothing to my lashes...pretty much a waste of time to apply this! No volume or length and it made my lashes fall down so it cant even hold a curl (which is very weird considering its w/p and usually only w/p mascara hold curls in my lashes...). I'll be returning this...

Ugh... I bought this on sale to see how it would compare to the original lashblast waterproof. It absolutely doesn't. It applies well enough, and is a bit more water resistant than normal mascara, but it is so FLAKY! Seriously, three hours after application, my cheeks were covered in little speckles that smeared when I tried to wipe them off. Definitely not repurchasing.

on 11/16/2015 9:47:00 AM

This is a good mascara if you want a natural look that holds up. It applied easily and didn't make my lashes clump. I wore it all day and night to a wedding and It didn't flake or run when I got a little teary. It didn't irritate my eyes when I was wearing contact lenses. I found it easy to remove either with makeup remover or with a warm washcloth, and I didn't lose lashes in the process. The water resistant formula performed really well.

I was a little disappointed with the look of my lashes after using the product; I was hoping for more length and drama. This gave a more natural, darkened and defined effect. I will keep using this for daytime, but in future will try something else for evening.

on 1/12/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used this mascara for over a year now and really like it and have repurchased it several times. I have tried several high end mascara but keep coming back to this one. Love the purple tube and though the applicator brush might be a bit large it works for me without any problems. The product itself has the right consistency being neither too wet or too dry. My lashes are quite short with a moderate amount of volume. This mascara does add a bit of length and a bit of volume giving my whimpy eyelashes some definition. As I always curl my lashes water resistant or waterproof mascara is a must to hold the curl. This is not waterproof but water resistant enough for my needs. It is also very black, which I like. I have never experienced any transfer or flaking with this. It removes easily with a product designed to remove waterproof mascara. It is pretty inexpensive and easily purchased at any place selling drug store cosmetics. I will definitely continue to purchase.

on 12/5/2014 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I recently became semi-hooked on Benefit's They're Real mascara, but 2 things stop me from buying it on a regular basis: 1) price and 2) it's WAY too hard to remove. I put in eye drops frequently so I need a waterproof mascara, but with Benefit, I was scrubbing off half my lashes every night.

This one is advertised as water-resistant, and it is definitely waterproof enough for my needs.

I was always intimidated by this type of rubbery, spikey mascara brush until I tried They're Real and saw the benefits (no pun intended). It does grab the lashes well.

This mascara goes on smoothly and has enough lengthening/thickening for me (I prefer a pretty natural look). One coat is enough--good news, as I hate applying mascara and like to get it over with.

The one thing that turns me completely off this mascara is the huge, swollen tube. Takes up unnecessary space in my makeup drawer, AND the slick material of the giant tube is hard to grip onto . . . I think you'd have to have massive man-hands to wield this successfully! It should either be smaller OR rubberized. The way it is, I'm constantly dropping it.

This was pretty good, but I'll keep looking for something better.

on 11/14/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is one of my favorite mascaras. I didn't care for the Last Blast waterproof (orange tube), but this one is a winner.

I really like that I can put on 2 quick coats and my lashes look good. It's not a really wet or dry formula - it's just right :)

This mascara adds definition, volume and a bit of length. It doesn't smudge or smear at all, and it holds a curl all day. It's easy to remove at night with a quick swipe of waterproof eyemakeup remover.

I will repurchase this one (and I haven't found another waterproof/resistant mascara that I would repurchase).

on 10/21/2014 11:21:00 AM

This is currently my go to mascara. Has been for about a year now. It separates my lashes quite well and is very easy for me to build up which I love, almost like I have fake lashes. The downside for me is I would like more volume. But honestly for the price I haven't been able to find much better. I've purchased "high end" brand mascaras and some have been absolutely terrible for a $35 tube of mascara! Overall I personally feel this has been a pretty good mascara, especially for the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh, worst mascara EVER!!! The brush is hard and rubbery, the mascara is wet and heavy, it clumps, doesn't separate the lashes AT ALL and it doesn't hold a curl. The only good thing about it was that it was very black, the the color suggested. BTW, I have long, between thick and thin lashes that grow straight.

on 7/7/2014 6:35:00 PM

One of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. Went on thick and clumpy. Water Resistant it is not, I bought it since I was going to a wedding & may tear up which I " slightly " did. I ended up with raccoon eyes & flaking. Never so embarrassed .
Btw.. The first review I have ever written in my life that's how angry I am!