MAC Cosmetics Vintage Selection (Cham-Pale Collection)

3.6

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It's a nice shimmering brown w/ a touch of taupe & just a kiss of "aged" bronze. It has the slightest hint of peach as the MAC site describes it but on my lids there's no trace of any orange undertones. There's a lot of shimmer to it - kind of like dazzleglasses & dazzle lipsticks so if you're not into that look, this item isn't for you. It's great to layer under other eye shadows & the sparkle still comes through. It's definitely a fun product. (For reference I'm a C3/NC25)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

LOVE this colour. I'm a massive fan of the paint pots, despite them being on the pricey side. I do think they are a great product though and will last you for ages! I bought vintage selection as I'm a massive fan of champagne colours, and this is perfect! It's so easy to put on to quickly run out of the house, or as an eyeshadow base for a more intense look and will last throughout the day. I really love this product and think it looks great with my blue eyes and skin tone (nw20). Has knocked indianwood off the top spot.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

my very first paint pot and it was a success! i love this pinky champagne color. i usually wear this all over the lid for a simple everyday look. tip: try not to layer too much of the product on, otherwise itll look like a disco ball. if you just use a light wash it will look like a beautiful sheen.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite paint pot from the Cham-pale collection. On my skin it just gives a subtle sheen, perfect for a no makeup look. I purchased all 4 of the paint pots from this selection(and a back up) and this one is definitely the one I go to the most. Only reason I wouldn't have to repurchase this is because I have 2 of them, and these things take forever to put a dent in :)

I do like the Vintage Selection paint pot, the color pay off is nice and as usual MAC makes the best bases for eye shadows. However, this PP is very gritty from the glitter and I think it is easily duped from things found in the permanent collection. Makes all my satin and glitter eye shadows look great and I love the color, however I wouldn't re purchase this because it is not out-of-this-world.

I just adore Vintage Selection. I wear this on the entire eyelid up to a little above the crease to avoid the crepey look. It gives my frosted eyeshadows a very true colour similar to the shade in the pan. This paint pot accenturate my brown, taupe, mauve, pink frosted shadows and pigments. I couldn't get my Urban Decay YDK to work for me until I used Vintage Selection... wow, this combination looks like the elusive Subtle pigment! I am on the hunt for Chilled on Ice paint pot.

I'm in the minority, but I love this paint pot. For some reason, it just doesn't come off as glittery on me, just a really pretty sheen. I find the shimmer in it to be no larger in size than the MAC eyeshadows I normally use (none of which are lustres). I love the colour - a peachy/taupey almost nude type look. I'll often wear VS PP all over the lid, add a crease colour and Fluid Line for a day look. This never creases on me, and it wears all day with and without a primer. I wouldn't re-purchase because by the time it runs out, i'll want to try something new - there is a lot of product in MAC's PPs!
click 'continued' for a pic: in the photo, I have absolutely no makeup on except for the PP, and it was taken in natural light with no flash.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought Vintage Selection on MAC's website after seeing in swatched on YouTube. I went into the MAC store to see it swatched in person and I was glad I bought it...until it came in the mail and I put it on my eyelids.

I have since purchased Painterly. I really like it. When I want to use Vintage Selection, I put it lightly over Painterly for just a bit of sparkle. It's just too glittery for me, on it's own.

I'm on a paint pot kick, so i bought this as soon as the Cham-Pale collection hit stores/online. Little did I know prior to purchasing it that it was FILLED with sparkle/glitter. If you've read my other reviews, this is one thing that I cannot stand, especially on my eyes.

The color is very pretty, but when applied, it gives my eyes a crepey/scaley texture that is unattractive. The sparkle makes it hard to blend too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, I really did, but this did not make the cut. I fell in love with the color because it was so beautiful and unique for a paint pot! It looked like a paint pot version of MAC's All That Glitters e/s and I was so excited to use it. But when I applied it on it made my eyelids, it looked flakey and dry! How is that possible?!? My eyelids looked like reptile skin or something - even with a thin layer of application. I was so sad and even gave it a couple of chances by using different methods of application. But nothing seemed to work and so I ended up returning this.