rms beauty Living Luminizer

rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.8

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

on 7/26/2016 2:17:00 AM

Overall I really don't know how I feel about this product.

I brought this after reading people ranting and raving saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. Once it arrived I was sick to the stomach knowing how much I had spent ($55 AUD) on such a TINY little pot of shiny Vaseline. But I thought I would still give it shot and hoped that the quality of the product would mend this broken heart </3

On the first try I wasn't sure on how to apply it. It's so thick and sticky and awkward to apply. So I just dabbed it on. Result? Nothing special. Not $55 special that's for sure. Couldn't really tell it was there at all. By the end of the day it was gone from my face completely. I tried so hard to like this product and I really wanted to love it but was just so disappointed that I put it to the back of my make up bag and forgot about it for awhile.

Fast forward a month to this morning and I thought I would give it a second chance. When I opened the pot it was all hard and crispy on top??? So I gave it a good whirl around with my fingers to put the product on my fingers and applied to my face. I will say this time around the result was better for some reason (could be the light I was looking in) but nothing spectacular. I don't think creamy luminizers are for me.

I'm not going to repurchase RMS Luminizer. Instead I will try Jeffree Star's Skin Frost in Ice Cold though as this looks much more my thang.

on 7/4/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I caved in and bought this because of all the massive hype online (even though I wasn't in the market for a luminizer and usually steer clear of anything with a potentially shimmery/shiny/frosty finish). Basically, it was an impulse purchase that could have easily been a complete waste of money.

So my impressions of the RMS Living Luminizer? To be honest, I don't use it that often, as highlighter is not an essential part of my makeup routine. If I'm going out at night or feeling a little spontaneous, I'll pick up the pot but it's not a desert island product for me.

Now with all that said, this is a VERY nice highlighter. It is incredibly easy to use - foolproof really. Typically I just dab my finger into the pot and then tap it lightly onto my upper cheekbones, on my cupid's bow and then, if I'm feeling fancy, on the centre of my eyelids to really make my eyes pop. I find this gives the eyelids a really pretty gloss but it's best to be careful as too much can easily end up looking oily).

Application-wise, less is really more - because of the non absorbent texture, piling it on will just look greasy and unflattering. I would also recommend not trying to blend it into your skin. especially if you're wearing a powder blush or bronzer underneath. While I personally don't have any problems using the Living Luminizer over powder products, application is key. Use tapping motions with your finger, rather than attempting to blend it in (which will just muddy things up). It should sit on top of your skin, not meld into it.

At the end of the day, the overall effect of this product is what makes it really special. It really does add a luminous dewy sheen to your skin that looks so natural. Most highlighters are obnoxiously frosty and glittery. The Living Luminizer is in a class of its own.

I doubt i will rebuy as this little pot seems like it'll last forever. I would consider rebuying it if I lost it. One gripe about the packaging. The cap is made of some sort of metal and I've been disappointed to see it turn rusty around the edges. I thought it was dirt at first but it is clearly rust. I would have been happier with a plastic cap as the corrosion is really off putting,

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/29/2016 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually threw this away after a while of trying to make this work. I'm not sure what the point is. It basically looks like vaseline when you swatch it. There's so little pay off of shimmer that you might as well be using nothing at all. If I want a subtle highlight I'll use something like the Benefit Watts Up which is also a cream formula, but the RMS is just not worth $40.

Like another reviewer down below, I was sad to see this give me little bumps on my cheekbones.

I have never broken out on my cheekbones, and rarely break out anymore due to an intense skin care regimen. I put this on and my skin was irritated. really really really wanted to love it and the illumination is pretty but it managed to take my pretty resilient skin and make it a mess

on 4/12/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a mediocre product with horrible packaging and price. It does show a bit shine under light after applying it but it will be gone very soon.

Like I said for the RMS un-coverup, the jar open packaging is easy to get oxidized and dirty. Before I finish the product, it already turned yellow and funky. Had to throw it away.

What a waste of money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As I just made a review for the UnCoverUp on how it irritated my skin, and this product too did the same-

I used it for a month, so I've given it some time...
I would notice that where I'd put it, if left on for a decent time or consistently, I would have bumps, so cheek bone/eye area, bridge of nose, even if I dabbed it lightly on top of the Lips2Cheeks, I'd have bumps-

I decided after I had at least 5 painful spots on my face to stop using it, start using my Tom Ford Traceless and guess what...no more bumps-

I have very finicky skin, I don't get zits, I get these reaction bumps, per the dermatologist-So I had to use my Px Finacea for 3 days to get my skin to calm down-

In general as a highlighter, I think Becca's are better-I think b/c of the organic ingredients this fades very fast and comes off easy-

Of course this is great for photo shoots or for models, but for people who live in the real world it may not work for them-

I am now using the Tom Ford Illuminating Duo that I got and stopped using, and no issues where I apply this-

I really wanted to like organic makeup, but I don't think it's for all-I mean when I was little I had to get shots for years daily b/c I was allergic to plants and stuff so I'm sure if it's mixed into makeup I'll react, just like I do with Tata Harper stuff, I start really itching bad with her products and can't use them-

So for those who can use coconut oil this will work for you-But know this is a very subtle shimmer, like iridescent Vaseline-

I also have Becca highlighter in Pearl and it does a better job and I have no bumps from it, so just saying...it doesn't work for all-

on 3/5/2016 9:10:00 PM

I love a "softer" glow versus the disco ball effect ..... I DO NOT like the majority of powder highlighters (with the exception of Bobbi Brown's Bronze Glow in the Pinker shade and Laura Mercier's Baked Radiance) as I feel they make me look dry or do not blend well with my blush .... most liquids are blah (with the exception of Rouge Bunny Rouge my favorite heavier highlighter or Becca Pearl for a softer look) ..... I have experimented with both drugstore and pricier brands, and have found a great soft highlighter effect with RMS Beauty Living Luminizer ..... at first I did not think that anything was showing up so I repeated my application, but then when I looked at myself in my car in daylight I saw that two applications was way too much and find that one swipe gives my NW10 the right amount of softer glow that I have wanted .... it looks natural, blends wells, does not accentuate pores or fine lines and looks great regardless if I am using powder or cream blush .... I am glad that I purchased this luminizer and have been using it everyday since I received it ..... great choice for those of us with pale coloring.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love a subtle natural glow and I love highlighters in general and have tried many over the years. Some favorites are the Becca Opal & Moonstone (cream not powder), BB Nectar shimmerbrick, Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow in Rose Gold. This beats them all in that it is so natural looking. It literally looks like your skin is lovely and naturally glow. This had such a lot of hype in both conventional and green beauty that I was gagging to try it and at the same expecting it to be a bit disappointing. Nope - now I get it - the hype is for good reason this time. I just wish it was not so darn expensive!!!!

on 2/23/2016 7:27:00 AM

holy grail. Can be built up for more intensity but is barely noticeable in daylight. glass pot breaks once it falls on hard ground. quite overpriced, though.

I was really excited when reading the reviews and articles about this tiny pot. I really don't get the hype and I am still waiting for the moment i'll realise it's the holy grail or something. Unfortunately it's just an overprized tiny pot of coconut oil with shimmer in it. It's barely there and it doesn't last. (Same experience with the rms concealer...)