rms beauty Living Luminizer

rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.9

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am making the transition away from any make up or skincare with silicone - which is not easy at all, but I highly recommend it, so I needed to find a new highlighter - I love that this does not have any sparkle in it and it melts into your skin. I can wear it to work - it's an everyday accent on the tops of my cheekbones around to my browbone,
Here is the very best thing about this product, though - I can use it in the inner corner of my eye near the tear duct - it's a Kevyn Aucoin trick - and it blends right in - so many highlighters go crepey there when you are a Woman of a Certain Age

I am really not crazy about the fact this is in a pot, but I can live with it.

on 6/24/2018 9:10:00 PM

This is perfect for people who want a very NATURAL(ish) "GLOW FROM WITHIN" sheen to their skin. This is not instagram bling-y type of highlighter, so when used with the right expectation of this product, one will see why this is item is such a cult favorite.

I don't mind that the product doesn't have a mirror (I have other face products with mirrors-- I don't need a mirror on ALL my cosmetic items that unnecessarily makes the products bulky and subsequently weighs down my makeup bag) and am digging the simple packaging which is 100% recyclable.

This product, while "natural" is not perfect and can cause issues for people with sensitivity to coconut oils and other natural oils used in this product-- if living in the states, I suggest getting a sample at Sephora and trying out for a few days prior to purchasing the item.

I use this strategically and sparingly on top of my ELDW foundation for a bit of vitality for my dull and dehydrated skin and it does a wonderful job at creating the natural "healthy glow/dewy skin" without being shiny everywhere. This is my HOLY GRAIL and I highly recommend this product and would purchase again when I'm out.

**For people looking for even subtler "no makeup makeup" type of glow, I hate recommending this product because it's one of the most toxic and "dirty" cosmetics out on the market... but Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highligher works best.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I understand the shock one gets when finding out that this palette is small. It is smaller than a standard deck of cards. Also, another reviewer's comment about poorly glued pots is true. I had pots stick to my finger and pop out every now and then. Obviously, not a great situation. The package lacks a mirror, and that is another minus point for me.
However, I can do so much with this gem! (which has a slight natural coconut scent.) The consistency is slippery but tacky enough that it easy to get just the right amount on my face. I usually start with the luminizer. I swipe my finger in the pot, then sweep the finger on the tops of my cheek bones. Really, there is not much blending necessary. I follow the bridge of my nose, cupids bow, temples, and under my brows for extra highlight. I follow up with the bronzer, applied also in sweeps with my finger. The creamy texture is so easy to work with. But, be careful not to rub too much, since you can basically smear the color away. After the bronzer, I use the cheek colors for cheeks, tempel and lips. For these shades, applying little by little with a finger dabbing is the best approach. On occasions, I also use the colors for eye shadow. You'd be surprised how well the cheek and bronzers perform on the lid. I look naturally radiant!
Final tip for combination skin is to apply some loose powder on top. This will allow for the color to last. If I go without powder, the staying power is very low, and I will need to reapply by lunch time.
Oh, and the small balm at the bottom of the palette is a universal product. I use it on lips and on some flaky areas of my face and hands.
All in all, for a girl who loves to take little makeup on the road, a great companion! I take it in my purse with the small mirror I got with a bite beauty kit. So compact.

on 6/17/2018 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited to try this when I recently saw it at Sephora. They were totally out of the sample so I just figured that it looked a lot like my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector that I love and so I bought it. I tried it out as soon as I got home and ehhhhhh... what a disappointment. First off, hygiene-wise I didn't like having to put my finger into the product. And then I had to really push down hard to get any on my finger. I also couldn't tell when I had any on my finger it was THAT subtle. So I just kept patting it on my cheekbones and NADA. Did not show up AT ALL. Like nothing - no joke. That said, I am super fair skinned so maybe a different color would have been better but all the reviews said this works on all skin types and skin tones. Not only did it not show up but it was sticky and made some of my foundation come up. You can't really blend it either since it's not a liquid. Overall super disappointed. Going back to Becca liquid SSP.

This is the best cream highlighter I have used hands down! I have the shade Living Luminzer, and I would say its frosty, def for the lightest of skin tones. This coconut oil based highlight is so easy to blend and leaves a naturally brightened and wet glowing look wherever applied, and when the sun hits it, Oh! It's so stunning! Exactly what a highlighter should do. I'm excited to try master mixer or another of RMS Beauty highlighters that are a bit deeper in tone for summer. :)) Also, despite having sensitive acne prone skin, this had never broken me out despite all the years I've been using it. I have to completely agree with a previous reviewer who said those that wear a strong highlight that may look good in their bathroom lighting, but in natural lighting, is in fact a stripe of shimmer across the cheeks. That is not a look I will ever be into. To each their own, but I prefer a natural glowy look as opposed to blinding those around me with a completely unrealistic glittery highlighter that fools no one and that's what this highlighter does. Good makeup is the kind that is hard to discern from what you look like naturally. I personally enjoy accentuating my features in subtle but effect ways. After all, more is not better in the world of makeup. ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Glossy goodness in a tiny glass jar. For anyone that doesn’t want an “in your face” highlight, this is what you are looking for. It is creamy and smooth. It gives your skin a sheen that just looks healthy. It is not a typical highlight, there is no shimmer as far as I can see. If I am looking for that I simply layer a powder highlight overtop and it lasts all day/night. If you have dull or dry skin, I recommend you give this a try. Your skin will look youthful and alive, glowing with vitality. It has minimal ingredients (only 7) and it is certified organic so good for your skin. I don’t know that it’s a necessity in your stash, more of an indulgent splurge item, at least for me. I like the small simplistic jar packaging in sturdy glass and aluminum lid, fully recyclable - YAY! Since I have been using rms beauty products my skin looks better than ever. Solid brand.

on 2/19/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great, natural, nourishing product! I have used this for 3+ yrs., have been through 2, needing to bu6 a 3 rd!
Seems to last a good year, I use almost daily, price is fine, for quality product ..would not use any5hing else...highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love RMS and Living Lumi doesn’t disappoint. I like that I can carry in my bag and apply a little to brighten up. I also like to mix it with oil on my palette to make it more pliable. This is not “in your face” highlight. It’s very natural and subtle.

on 2/10/2018 6:35:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favorites--the stuff that I'll keep buying (not that I need to that often--a pot lasts about a year). This gives my very fair skin a warm glow that doesn't look oily or frosty or sparkly. I use it along the tops of my cheekbones and brow bone, and sometimes along the bridge of my nose. Though the product can get a bit hard in cold weather, it warms up pretty well (pro tip: blast from the hair dryer, or stick in your bra while getting ready). It can be a little oily for summer, but it's not bad. It is expensive though--but this isn't too much of a con, since it last so long. Pros: Light, dewy finish that isn't gaudy or oily looking. Cons: Price, forgetting it's in your bra to warm up and finding it hours later at work.

on 2/2/2018 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm kinda surprised that the rating for this product are not higher. It's very flattering, applies easily and wears like a dream. The finish is very glowey and natural.... like you just came out of a yoga session. I think the formula is very forgiving and would be great for mature and younger skins. The luminizer will always have a place in my bag of tricks.