rms beauty Living Luminizer

rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.7

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

on 1/23/2017 3:12:00 PM

Given how many people swear by this, I was a bit underwhelmed with the product. I really like that it is subtle and doesn't come off as too sparkly or shimmery. However, it is sort of hard to apply as it doesn't blend easily. The texture feels more like a wax and less like a balm. I haven't found a highlighter that I like better, but I think I'll keep looking once I run out of this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To wear this and very little else I think it would be fabulous with a young and glowy type perfect skin. Which is why it's pretty much a meaningless and VERY OVERHYPED product. I am sick of things like this costing so much for what amounts to average highlighter. Also: I have one exactly like it in stick form, from Maybelline, that I consider to be BETTER, for way less money. This is not a BAD product, it is just nothing great, way overpriced -- PLEASE don't waste money on it. I would rather spend the money on a peel or something that gives naturally luminous skin than try to fake it with this, since it will never be as good as the real glow of health. Those who say otherwise will have to prove it to me in person, no photoshop, no filter. It just isn't true.

on 11/6/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the "meh" side of the fence with this one - the highlight is so subtle that it's almost imperceptible. I'm not one to who likes my highlighter to announce my appearance in the room, but if I'm going to put highlighter on my face, I expect it to add to the overall effect. This just adds a layer of ... nothing? I compared it with my Becca Moonstone poured skin perfector by doing half my face with RMS and half with Becca - the Becca one is subtle but gives a soft sheen when the light hits it, not so with the RMS. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/2/2016 9:54:00 PM

I love this! It looks so natural and glowy! It's so easy to apply it's completely foolproof The only reasons why I wouldn't repurchase is because of the price and also because I have a lot of cream highlights in my stash already.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, I can just say that this is one of my daily favorites. Texture is like a bit oily, but not that much. I've tried other luminizers but this one is the one that looks more natural. It has wonderful ingredients, makes your skin glow but look very natural. I did not break out. It lasts ages !! Smell is very neutral & packaging is ok, but the white lid gets scratched easily scratched. If you are looking for a natural dewy, fértil look then get this baby. 100% recommendable

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this stuff! I put it up high on my cheekbones. I actually can't find mine (I think I left it in a hotel while traveling) and I'm super sad about it. I fully support this line and its healthy products! That being said, they just came out with a new oil that is ridiculously expensive. Otherwise, their products are worth it :)

on 8/3/2016 10:15:00 AM

I wanted to love this but it is over rated, I find it best to apply with a brush. It is difficult to get much product out if the small glass jar, I use a brush as I think using fingers is unhygienic as you need to keep dipping back in to get enough product for each area if your face you want to highlight. It is subtle and not glittery at all which I like but a steep price for a mediocre product

on 7/26/2016 2:17:00 AM

Overall I really don't know how I feel about this product.

I brought this after reading people ranting and raving saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. Once it arrived I was sick to the stomach knowing how much I had spent ($55 AUD) on such a TINY little pot of shiny Vaseline. But I thought I would still give it shot and hoped that the quality of the product would mend this broken heart </3

On the first try I wasn't sure on how to apply it. It's so thick and sticky and awkward to apply. So I just dabbed it on. Result? Nothing special. Not $55 special that's for sure. Couldn't really tell it was there at all. By the end of the day it was gone from my face completely. I tried so hard to like this product and I really wanted to love it but was just so disappointed that I put it to the back of my make up bag and forgot about it for awhile.

Fast forward a month to this morning and I thought I would give it a second chance. When I opened the pot it was all hard and crispy on top??? So I gave it a good whirl around with my fingers to put the product on my fingers and applied to my face. I will say this time around the result was better for some reason (could be the light I was looking in) but nothing spectacular. I don't think creamy luminizers are for me.

I'm not going to repurchase RMS Luminizer. Instead I will try Jeffree Star's Skin Frost in Ice Cold though as this looks much more my thang.

on 7/4/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I caved in and bought this because of all the massive hype online (even though I wasn't in the market for a luminizer and usually steer clear of anything with a potentially shimmery/shiny/frosty finish). Basically, it was an impulse purchase that could have easily been a complete waste of money.

So my impressions of the RMS Living Luminizer? To be honest, I don't use it that often, as highlighter is not an essential part of my makeup routine. If I'm going out at night or feeling a little spontaneous, I'll pick up the pot but it's not a desert island product for me.

Now with all that said, this is a VERY nice highlighter. It is incredibly easy to use - foolproof really. Typically I just dab my finger into the pot and then tap it lightly onto my upper cheekbones, on my cupid's bow and then, if I'm feeling fancy, on the centre of my eyelids to really make my eyes pop. I find this gives the eyelids a really pretty gloss but it's best to be careful as too much can easily end up looking oily).

Application-wise, less is really more - because of the non absorbent texture, piling it on will just look greasy and unflattering. I would also recommend not trying to blend it into your skin. especially if you're wearing a powder blush or bronzer underneath. While I personally don't have any problems using the Living Luminizer over powder products, application is key. Use tapping motions with your finger, rather than attempting to blend it in (which will just muddy things up). It should sit on top of your skin, not meld into it.

At the end of the day, the overall effect of this product is what makes it really special. It really does add a luminous dewy sheen to your skin that looks so natural. Most highlighters are obnoxiously frosty and glittery. The Living Luminizer is in a class of its own.

I doubt i will rebuy as this little pot seems like it'll last forever. I would consider rebuying it if I lost it. One gripe about the packaging. The cap is made of some sort of metal and I've been disappointed to see it turn rusty around the edges. I thought it was dirt at first but it is clearly rust. I would have been happier with a plastic cap as the corrosion is really off putting,

on 5/29/2016 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually threw this away after a while of trying to make this work. I'm not sure what the point is. It basically looks like vaseline when you swatch it. There's so little pay off of shimmer that you might as well be using nothing at all. If I want a subtle highlight I'll use something like the Benefit Watts Up which is also a cream formula, but the RMS is just not worth $40.