rms beauty Living Luminizer

rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.8

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was reading about this product for ages in all the beauty magazines, in all the beauty blogs but as it is not stocked anywhere in Scotland I was unable to look at it in real life and never took a plunge to purchase this little jar of goodness. Until my trip to Amsterdam last month where I splurged on several products from the brand in their excellent Skins.nl shop.

It is simply beautiful on the skin. It looks so natural, like a real, healthy skin that is glowing from within. Subtly powerful, never too much. It looks like I'm not wearing anything on the skin - even Kjaer Weiss looked obvious with chunky bits of something that looked like glitter, while this one - just a ray of light on my skin!

I just wish the packaging was a different but after using it for a while now I understand why it HAS to come in a jar, however unhygienic that is. The warmth of fingers simply melts the product onto the skin and makes it look so real. The little glass jar with a white enamel metal screw on cap is neat and sturdy while not taking too much space in my beauty bag. I wash my hands obsessively and hope for the best of the little Titanium Dioxide and Rosemary Leaf extract it has as natural preservatives (plus the coconut oil is supposed to be antibacterial in itself) do their job. You are supposed to get rid of it after 12 months but something tells me it will take much longer to make a dent in it.

If you are not that much interested in 'clean beauty' a similar effect can be achieved with MAC's Strobe Cream or Ingot's AMC Face & Body Illuminator in 61. Just saying.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love the living luminizer! It is a really subtle way to make skin glow without looking oily or glittery. This product gives the skin a nice sheen especially when the light hits those areas that one would normally apply a highlight to. I absolutely love to put it on the cheekbone and in the tear ducts.
Given the amount of product that you get, it will last you for a long time. You need a small amount. I do recommend to start with a small amount of product and work to build the desired effect. Too much luminizer will look a little weird.

One of the best products I have purchased this year. I am slowly transitioning from mostly Bobbi Brown to organic cruelty free products. Yes slightly more than I wanted to pay but after seeing the results have no qualms. I got a natural luminous glow from it. My skin not only looks but really feels healthy wearing this. I don't find it tacky or sticky at all and didn't have to use a ton to see the effect. I have dry aging skin and this product was made for it.
If you need serious strobing, would suggest getting a more conspicuous product but if you want that beautiful natural glow, this is a great product. 2 thumbs up!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm wishy washy with this product. Yes, it does give a very beautiful glow from within look. However, it's so sticky!!! If any of my hair falls and touches the side of my cheek, it's almost guaranteed that strands will stick to my cheek because of the highlighter. I can't stand the sticky feeling and constantly picking strands of hair off of my face. I would really enjoy the product if they could formulate the cream to really dry down.

on 3/21/2017 11:13:00 AM

Honestly feel that this product is so overpriced, pretty sure there are other products out there in the market that gives the same effect.
It's a waxy texture which is slightly hard to blend. It does not feels sticky on the skin. Does last the whole day.
Many ways to use this product - under foundation, after foundation , eyeshadow base or as a base for another highlighter.
Overall, i do enjoy this product. It gives a nice but not as natural glow as the product claims BUT still natural. I think it brightens up my eyes when i add it to the middle of my lids.
Recommended for people who are willingly to pay and going for the natural look.

on 3/15/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

HG product. Wakes up my eyes when I'm tired and it feels like I'm doing something good for my skin. Use it on brow bone, inside corner of eyes, a bit on Cupid's bow, chin and top of cheekbones. Lasts forever so it's a great buy. I did have the glass break on one when I dropped it in the sink (fortunately it was used up). Other than that, no issues and I've been using it for years.

on 1/23/2017 3:12:00 PM

Given how many people swear by this, I was a bit underwhelmed with the product. I really like that it is subtle and doesn't come off as too sparkly or shimmery. However, it is sort of hard to apply as it doesn't blend easily. The texture feels more like a wax and less like a balm. I haven't found a highlighter that I like better, but I think I'll keep looking once I run out of this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To wear this and very little else I think it would be fabulous with a young and glowy type perfect skin. Which is why it's pretty much a meaningless and VERY OVERHYPED product. I am sick of things like this costing so much for what amounts to average highlighter. Also: I have one exactly like it in stick form, from Maybelline, that I consider to be BETTER, for way less money. This is not a BAD product, it is just nothing great, way overpriced -- PLEASE don't waste money on it. I would rather spend the money on a peel or something that gives naturally luminous skin than try to fake it with this, since it will never be as good as the real glow of health. Those who say otherwise will have to prove it to me in person, no photoshop, no filter. It just isn't true.

on 11/6/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the "meh" side of the fence with this one - the highlight is so subtle that it's almost imperceptible. I'm not one to who likes my highlighter to announce my appearance in the room, but if I'm going to put highlighter on my face, I expect it to add to the overall effect. This just adds a layer of ... nothing? I compared it with my Becca Moonstone poured skin perfector by doing half my face with RMS and half with Becca - the Becca one is subtle but gives a soft sheen when the light hits it, not so with the RMS. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/2/2016 9:54:00 PM

I love this! It looks so natural and glowy! It's so easy to apply it's completely foolproof The only reasons why I wouldn't repurchase is because of the price and also because I have a lot of cream highlights in my stash already.