Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by hair type : Other
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

4.2

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a feeling this is a cult product in the making here. I am very impressed with this new offering by Fresh. I pretty much gave up on lip scrubs after I realized I had a drawer full that never did anything for my lips. All of them were nothing more than jars of oil with maybe 5-10 sugar granules mixed in for exfoliation (what a joke)! I would laugh as I removed the oily mess from my lips each time, (and wanted to smack myself for getting sucked into yet another useless lip scrub). I've tried toothbrushes, buf puf's and all kinds of gadgets and scrubs. None of them left a lasting impression.

Because this just looked so delectable at Sephora, I had to try it. I love the smell and feel of Fresh's lip products already, so this was too hard to pass up. When it arrived, I knew right away this one was going to be very different. The jar is small, however a little goes a very long way! Inside of this jar is an intoxicatingly fresh, stiff scrub loaded to the gills with rich brown sugar crystals. The presentation alone is impressive. When you open the jar, it looks like pure whipped brown sugar. It smells absolutely incredible. The feeling is like no other scrub I have ever tried. This one is jam packed with rich, fresh, brown sugar crystals that truly exfoliate to actually do some real repair!

This is the first scrub that actually gives you enough crystals to make a difference! This scrub is loaded with intensely moisturizing ingredients that actually penetrate your chapped lips in a way that I have never experienced before. I could not believe how my lips felt after one 5 minute treatment! I do not exaggerate when I tell you that this is the one! My lips feel brand new! I cannot get over how smooth and soft my lips feel right now! Not only is this a complete pleasure to use because of the sheer freshness and smell of the scrub, but its like giving your lips a complete spa treatment. The only downside is the packaging, which is a tiny jar. It's actually a very cute little jar, however it gets harder and harder to dig the product out when you start to get low (especially if you have nails). I will need to get a little spatula or tiny spoon for future use. I think a tube would be much more practical and hygienic. This is worth every penny! I never expected this much out of a lip scrub. All I can say is double wow! Holy grail find for me! There is one common mistake that I think many will make with this product (leading them to throw the baby out with the bathwater), and that's to not use a good lip balm directly afterwards. This is a highly exfoliating lip scrub. If you use this and nothing else afterwards, you are going to dry out your lips. It prepares your lips for a really good balm to sink in and penetrate like it's never done before. Use nothing afterwards, and you defeat the purpose of this product.

on 10/27/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Raven Beauty wrote such a wonderful review that I have little to add. This is the bomb. Not as chunky as Sara Happ's Lip Scrub, scrubbier than Laura Geller's Lip Strip, this product gets the job done thoroughly and efficiently and smells heavenly as well. The five-minute treatment is really worth the time, both for the benefit to lips and the delightful aromatherapy experience. It's a tad pricey at $22.50 for 0.6 oz., but a tiny amount does the job, and this beats any other lip treatment I've tried, hands down. If you suffer from winter-dry, flaky lips, treat yourself to this little gem. You won't be sorry.

Update 12/1/10: I'm continuing to use this twice a week or so and still love it. I have found that leaving this on the lips for five minutes or so after applying and gently scrubbing is key--it really makes all the difference in moisturization. Great stuff!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this in a swap! OMG! Buy it now!!! Or swap for it !whatever! Just get it! It works so awesome! I used to use my toothbrush but it didn't work too well (always had flaky skin when i "thought" i was done)and it made my lips numb. The sugar in honey method wasn't too good either because it just sorta just moved on my lips without scrubbing anything off and the sugar melted in the honey very quickly. This feels like its softening the flakes (kinda like what cuticle cream does)and the sugar removes the flakes quickly! It works! ALL my flakes were gone!! my lips felt like "summer lips" not winter ones when i was done. When I wiped it off all the flakiness was gone my lips didn't feel dry or cracked. There's barely a taste (it taste kinda bad but it isn't food so that doesnt matter to me the product is awesome)and you don't need much so it last awhile.!!!! I'd def buy this (swap) again!

on 1/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I bought this from sephora in a set with the matching lip balm. I'm not that impressed with it considering the price of it alone. The sugar component of the scrub isn't as harsh as I would like it, for me it hardly scrubs the dead skin from my lips by it's self. I have to use a toothbrush along with the scrub to do the job properly. I really don't like the taste of it as well.

on 2/9/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a must-have for me in the winter. Despite my constant moisturizing my lips get flakey - looks and feels terrible. This does the trick - exfoliates so my lips are smooth and I can wear lipstick again!

I have read reviews saying that you can make this at home - maybe you can, but I know I won't. Also, this comes in a little package I can carry around in my purse for those days I forget to exfoliate and realize too late (i.e. already at work) that I really need to. AND it last forever. I actually bought this last year in a holiday package that came with the lip treatment so this is a smaller size than normal. Will last for a long time - however, should I run out, I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have made similar lip scrubs in the past but with three kids my time is limited and I certainly don't like playing chemist with them running around hence the reason for me purchasing this. First off, this makes me wanna lick it after its been on my lips doing its job. It really taste good.lol. It does a great job at taking away the dry scaly flakes so I wear my matte lippies.Easy to remove....I use a baby washclothe. A little goes a long way unless you enjoy throwing money down the drain. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 2/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am sure glad I got a sample of this before buying at Sephora. This is a very basic scrub, nothing special and surely not worth the 22.50 price tag.

After researching online, I decided to try making my own with products I already had in my pantry: sugar, olive oil and honey. It did just as good a job as this product. You can use other oils like almond or grape seed, put in flavorings like vanilla, mint, etc and food coloring if you wish. Bottom line, this treatment can be made quite cheaply at home in small or large amounts and stored in a small plastic container. No need to buy expensive polishes like this.

on 6/12/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this scrub for over a year and just now I'm done with the container. I use it every morning after brushing my teeth. And I LOVE the way it exfoliates my lips... in cold and hot temperatures. I've made my own lip scrub in the past, but it didn't do the job as good as the Sugar Lip Polish.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lip treatment for lazy people or if you're not on a budget. If you want to save money go to your kitchen take a teaspoon of brown sugar and a drop or two of honey and voila, your own instant lip scrub. I admit I haven't tried this diy method but I'm thinking it will do the trick.
Anyway back to the product. The smell is divine. So yummylicious. Reminds me of sour plum sweets. Take a bit on one finger and gently exfoliate your dry lips. I followed the instructions and wiped it off with a damp washcloth. My lips were smooth and soft. I followed it up with the Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy. I did this before bedtime and today in the afternoon my lips are still soft and smooth. Great little product. Bit expensive. Bought it for fun. Most probably won't repurchase, not because it's not good but because I don't have terribly dry lips and because I still prefer my HG lip balm from Origins ( conditioning lip balm with turmeric)