Conair Infiniti Pro 1875 AC Motor Dryer

Conair Infiniti Pro 1875 AC Motor Dryer

3.2

For the record, while I would blow dry my hair regularly about 10 years ago, I only recently started regularly blow drying again about half a year ago, when I bought this hair dryer. So I don't have a whole lot to compare it to. If you've had a lot of experience with blow dryers, I don't know if you'll find this review helpful. If you're just looking to see if this is a reasonable budget option and don't care about getting something top of the line, read on.
I've been happy with this hair dryer. My hair is dyed blonde and damaged, and I blow dry it twice a week. When I first got it, I was worried that adding heat styling to the mix was going to finally kill my hair. While I'm sure this hasn't been great for it, any damage I've incurred hasn't been noticeable.
It blow dries very fast as well. That was one of the things I noticed early on when I started using it: with the old blow dryer I was using back in the day - I can't remember the brand or anything, but it was just a drugstore blow dryer probably purchased in the early 2000s - drying was a much longer process. For the record, my hair goes past my shoulders and is probably medium thickness. When I wash my hair, I keep it wrapped in a towel for around 30 minutes before blow drying. Then it takes 20 minutes or less to dry and style it with this dryer.
When I blow dry, I wrap sections of my hair around an Ion round brush from Sally's and focus on drying that strand. While I'm still working on my technique, my hair winds up healthy looking and smooth with some nice body.
Another review mentioned that this hair dryer is loud. I'd agree with that. But it's not deal breaker loud - I didn't really think about the loudness until I saw the review mentioning it (although keep in mind I'm not exactly caught up in blow dryer technology).
I haven't had any issues with my hair getting caught in the vent of this blow dryer like another review mentioned.

Anyways, while I'm not a not a blow dryer aficionado, I've been pleased with this blow dryer as an inexpensive drugstore option. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to something a bit more high end, but I've been satisfied with this for what I paid.

on 2/15/2016 8:36:00 PM

This hair drier is efficient and dries hair fairly fast, but it's on the heavy side and louder than others I've had. However, the real deal breaker for me was the design of its back vent. It's very protruding and dome-shaped without almost any plastic slats on the grill to protect your hair. The back vent sucked my hair in twice during one session! Maybe if your hair is short, this won't be an issue, but if it's long and fine like mine, beware!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/12/2015 7:07:00 PM

I can't fairly review this, I'll just say that right from the start. I got a steal on a T3 Featherweight dryer over 5 years ago and I loved it. I would/could never pay full price for one of those luxe dryers and before that was always in the $20-$35 dryer price range. My T3 finally died and now I don't think I can go back to the other dryers. It's embarrassing to admit how spoiled I've become by that T3 experience.

I bought the orange model of the infinity pro based on solid reviews and features. However, it just couldn't compare. I get the impression that the AC motor sounds a lot more powerful than it is. It's like a huge muffler on a honda. This dryer takes my long, medium-thickness hair from towel-dried to dry in about 16 minutes - double the time my T3 took. That's on the highest air blast and heat settings. This dryer is moderately loud and moderately heavy - nothing unbearable, but again, it pales in comparison. But hey, I paid $30 for it, so I can't expect it to function/perform like a T3 and I get that.

The deal breaker though, and the reason I returned it, is because it makes my hair frizzy and puffy. I can't hang with that. It doesn't help with smoothing at all, it doesn't provide a good base for styling, and it seems to make the follicles expand quite a bit. This would surely be a disaster in a humid climate.

Even my mini-travel Sedu dryer with only two heat levels/settings that cost $20 works better than this one: dries faster, produces less frizz. So that says something too.

It's probably as good as or better than a lot of the other dryers in this price range, sure, but it didn't work out for me. The concentrator nozzle stayed on fine and did its thing. The buttons were well situated and the adjustable heat settings, including cold, are all spiffy. But overall, it produces mediocre results in a mediocre time frame.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this hair dryer for the simple reason that it dries my hair FAST. It doesn't feel like it's blowing enough HOT air, but it's probably better for my hair. It dries my hair SO FAST. The only drawback is that it IS HEAVIER than most hair driers. I discovered this dryer in Key West and came home & bought one immediately. Here's a secret: Regardless of what kind of hair dryer you buy - ALWAYS BUY TWO and have an extra one on-hand when it dies. Always saves me! It's NEVER a good time when your hair dryer dies!

on 3/5/2014 8:56:00 PM

This review is for the orange blowdryer. Ive had this for a year now and i love it. I love the settings on it with different speeds and heat options. I have thin hair so it only takes me a maximum of 5 minutes to blowdry my long hair (chest length). I have not experienced any split ends from using this dryer. The only negative aspect of this dryer is that its comparably heavier to other blowdryers ive used.

on 11/10/2013 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I purchased this hair dryer about 4 or 5 years ago, and it worked great the entire time until I returned from Paris after using it (successfully, albeit very hot!!!) there. When I tried to use it at home several days later, it seemed as though there were power, however it smelled as it were "burning", and the barrel of the hair dryer got VERY hot. I tossed it, and went and bought the same exact model (different color), because I love it so much, and it is such a great deal for the quality level ($30). Next time I travel abroad, I will probably not take this hair dryer and purchase one specifically for travel.

on 10/16/2013 1:37:00 PM

This hair dryer works well, has adequate heat settings and power levels, however, I think it's the cause of making my hair look frizzy on top. My hair is wavy, but I can scrunch it and make it curly. I have always used Conair hair dryers in the past and they really do last quite a long time, I mean for years of using daily, and none have turned my hair frizzy like this one does. I let my hair air dry, using the same hair products as I would using the hair dryer, and it did not turn out frizzy. This lead me to conclude that the frizziness is attributed to the hair dryer. It does take a little bit longer to really get hot, and there isn't a cold temperature setting, like other models have, but it does have a button for a blast of cold air. It is heavier than others, but I have gotten used to it-I guess my muscles have gotten stronger using it! It is also louder than I would have liked. What I really like about this hair dryer is that it has a removable vent to enable you to easily wipe away dust build-up on the air vent. That was a great design idea. Overall, it is worth what you pay for it, but I probably would not buy it again mainly because of the frizziness it is causing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great dryer but couldn't make this work on my curly hair. I loved the root boost but the way it concentrates air up the hair shaft makes the curls frizz. It was a little loud & heavy, if I'm being picky. It is fast though!!

on 2/26/2013 8:31:00 PM

Well I went out and bought this model yesterday I hadn't read the reveiws here or I probably wouldn't have but after using it for the first time today I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with the results so far. My hair which has been going through some rough times lately after a spell of hard water damage, is now incredibly soft and silky. I noticed immediately as I was drying my hair that I had almost no static and my hair actually felt thicker. I can't stop touching my hair it's so soft. The dryer was a little louder than I expected, louder than my last model but I can live with that for the results. This is not as light as my old dryer but not what I'd calI heavy. I love the heat settings, it certainly got hot enough for me and I found I preferred the warm setting. I haven't tried the diffuser so can't comment on that but I love the direction attachment. For now I'm very happy and my hair feels and looks much healthier.

DO NOT BUY THIS BLOW DRYER.

I just purchased this dryer in March 2012. Despite some reviews stating its copper coils making the motor die out faster, or something like that (science isn't my thing) I bought it for the decent price and nice aesthetics.

Fast forward June 2012. Mere months. It just died. Out of no where. Of course while I had wet Aphogee Protein Treatment on. I'm not even a frequent blow dryer, by the way -- maybe a few times a week, if that since I have a lot of hair, and I wash it infrequently.

Thank you for nothing Conair. I learned my lesson and will be upgrading to a better brand tomorrow.

Popular Hair Styling Tools