Chanel Rose Confidentiel

No Image

4.7

on 8/26/2010 6:12:00 AM

Saw this polish on a friend over vacation and loved it. It is a bit darker than i would normally wear but with a bit of color on my skin from the sun, it is super chic.

Rose Confidentiel is evidently part of the Fall 2010 collection. It's an exceptional browned down pinkish plum rose, and is so appropriate for this time of year. Roses rarely look good on me...I'm cool toned and they normally have too much yellow/orange, but this is perfect. The formula is above average. I got excellent coverage with two coats, and even without top coat, it has a wet look, and is wearing very well. It's very ladylike and proper, but still gives off a wealthy fashionable feel...Chanel all the way. It's almost got a nostalgic feel to it, like it should be worn with velvets and satin, A nice autumn change from very dark nails, and nude colors....this is right in the middle. Worth tracking down, because I think this will go fast, and I have no idea whether it's limited edition or not. This is one of my top 5 fav nail colors.

well said by the reviewer below. on my fair skin this more brown than some swatches i've seen. i was unsure how i'd feel about this on, but it's very pretty.

it needs mentioning that this color has definite "grandma" tendencies. with dusty, browned shades being hot right now, that is very on-trend, but may be unappealing to more classic polish lovers.

on 10/7/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love pink polish and this color stands apart from the ones I already own. It's reminds me of the how rosy cheeks were portrayed on the powdered-into-paleness young women in so many Rococo paintings. This color could have been taken straight from a Fragonard. It's very romantic without being sickly sweet or overly bubblegum. Classic.

Neutral, medium pink that leans towards being a fleshy, rosy tan/brown. I'm cool toned and this looks stunning against my skin tone. I'm sure it would work well on anyone though, it just has that universal appeal. No shimmer, just a shiny, opaque finish.

I think my Chanel polishes last longer than the majority of the brands I've tried. Typically I do a base coat, followed by two coats of polish, then a clear top coat. Minimal, if any, chipping on my toes. My fingernails usually don't last as long without chips.

I'm really happy with this color and I highly recommend. I think its an LE, so I probably won't have a chance to repurchase by the time I go through a bottle. But if I'm able, I absolutely would buy it again.

on 10/11/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As part of Chanel's Fall 2010 collection, Rose Confidentiel is a medium-toned neutral-cool brown rose. Opaque and very glossy, it flatters my fair, pink-porcelain (NW15) skin without giving me lobster claws, as some beige-toned polishes can do. Although the color is lovely, I find it as perplexing as other polish colors coming out in Chanel collections right now. Rose Confidentiel reminds me of a late-winter-into-spring color. Rose Insolent and Pulsion also seem more spring/summer-like, unless you are spending your winter holidays somewhere warm and sunny.

The brush is wide and the polish applies with a gel-like consistency, with no streaking. Staying power is typical of Chanel polishes. I get a solid 5 days of wear using two thin coats over Orly Bonder (and under a single Seche Vite top coat), which I then harden with OPI Drip Dry.

Rose Confidentiel is a classic color, appropriate for any workplace, but it doesn't brighten my skin. Also, the color is similar to Revlon Teak Rose, which I actually prefer, as it provides a bit more contrast (a deeper rose), and which I find more appropriate for fall. Teak Rose manicures also last nearly 7 days before the tips begin to chip. I will definitely finish this bottle of, but I probably will not repurchase.

on 11/21/2010 6:29:00 PM

What a gorgeous shade for fall! Very pretty, very unique, and with the quality chanel has gotten us used to. Long lasting, shiny, really great.
My go-to color of the season, it is just appropriate for every possible occasion!

When i tried this polish on at the store i thought it was a nice neautral shade and looked good with my skin tone. However i wasnt "grabbed" by it, I knew i had O.P.I shades close to it.
I bought it anyway, before it sold out and i changed my mind!
Im so glad i did. I`ve worn it a lot recently and really like it!

Its a nudey/beige/creamy pink! It looks like the classic warm safe pink an older woman would wear. But like i said i`ve used it more than i thought and its great for this time of year, not hot enough to get your bright polishes out yet.....but want to get away from those wintery blacks and plum shades!
I think it looks really sophisticated on my short sqaured off nails. It adds just a touch of feminine colour. Very pretty in a subtle mature way. Now when i say subtle i mean the shade itself...not at all the consistancy! It is a very smooth opaque creamy formula which goes on very even and easy to apply!
For something i thought was kind of boring, i love it now. Its very pretty and flattering.
I would re-buy!
The ONLY reason i didnt give this the full 5 lippies is because its not nessasarily unique to Chanel. There are O.P.I shades like it, if you were on a budget!

on 3/9/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I normally wear dark reds or deep purples and can't stand most pink or nude polishes. However, this is a very nice, neutral pink that has become a favorite of mine. The color is a little flat/grey, which makes it great for all seasons and it works for professional settings too.

This is my first time using a Chanel polish, but I found that it chips a day or so earlier than OPI or Essie would. However, since the color is on the lighter side, it's not as noticeable.

This gorgeous dusty pink itīs very classy and discrete. Would say that it suits all year round. On me itīs more long lasting than others Chanel polishes i have tried.

on 6/18/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This kind of dusty "ballet" pinks are tricky to sport. If you don't get the right shade they can be the most unflattering polishes on earth, giving you dirty hands or lobster claws. I'm very fair (NC15), neutral-warm, but the skin on my hands often has a lot of redness. I have lots of polishes in similar colors, because I'm a sucker and I can't resist them, but Rose confidentiel is one of the most flattering on me and, although it can be seen as a conservative color, I really think it can also display an edgy character, like a creamier, lighter sister of Opi Parlez-vous opi. Formula-wise it has a perfect consistency, not too thick and not runny, and it's perfectly opaque in two coats. I pair it with Seche Vite as a top coat and it doesn't shrink. I would certainly rebuy. In fact, I already bought a backup. I read somewhere that Opi Kreme de la Kremlin is a dupe for this, but since it's harder to find, I haven't seen it in person.

Popular Polishes