Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I stepped into VS for a while to try on their perfumes and spritzed this on my wrist. Immediately got a strong burst of alcohol which was a little off-putting. I then stepped out and walked around for a bit and kept getting whiffs of the most beautiful scent ever. I sniffed my wrist again and realized it was the bombshell perfume. It had developed into the most beautiful feminine and sensual scent.
I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. After that, i was kinda obsessed with the scent but not sure if it was worth the steep price tag. Since then, i kept finding opportunities to drop by VS stores to spritz this on.
Well, i'm happy to say that i finally bought a large bottle which was thankfully on sale at that time! I have no regrets. It gives me a lift everytime i spritz it on as it develops beautifully on my skin.
I really don't get the claims that this is 'masculine'. Really puzzling...its an extremely feminine scent on me.
And its sad that people write it off as too generic and cheap and meant for teenagers. Maybe it just doesn't work with your skin chemistry but it doesn't mean its bad. Perfume is very individual afterall.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not get the 'buzz' about this. To me, this smells very chemical, first of all, then just plastic, and finally a 'lady of the night' cheap discount/dollar store fragrance. The bottle in online pic's looks pretty, but IRL looks cheap. I don't know. Just to me this smells very 'manufactured' and plastic. In the heat of the Summer this amps up to a slightly more tolerable/wearable fragrance, but is still not something I would repurchase. I guess if you like this scent, the sad news is that is does not last long. Lasts on me about an hour.

I don't know what it is with VS scents any more, to me they seem to smell so 'plastic' any more. Sad. Oh well, other fragrances to enjoy!! :) :)

on 9/15/2016 9:24:00 AM

The edp was on sale, so I purchased a bottle. It's a nice/pleasant/safe scent, but quite basic citrusy-fresh and overrated IMO. Smell reminds me of some cheap-sporty-drugstore-scent, the kind marketed towards teen girls to spray on after PE or dance class. Nothing bombshell or sexy about it. It doesn't last either. Less than 2 hours later, I can't smell it anymore, not even a trace of it. It's supposed to be an EDP but some of VS's other body sprays last longer on my skin than this (eg. Amber Romance, Vanilla Lace, Pure Seduction, Noir Tease). I prefer Pink to Bombshell, it smells green and less generic-citrusy-fruity. I will use it up but I won't repurchase. If it hadn't been on sale I wouldn't have gotten it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the scent, but it gets so annoying to wear. I have the full-size as well as a mini oil spray. The "EDP" (more like body spray in my opinion) has no staying power. The oil spray, however, never dies down. It's easy to go overboard with this scent, and it becomes obnoxious after awhile. I agree with the reviewer who described this as a cheap-sporty type of scent. I like the smell, but it's just not a soft, refined scent that would make someone want to get closer to you. I feel very conspicuous when I wear this, like I'm always the one wearing way too much perfume, even with a couple sprays. For some reason I think of this as a summery scent, and tend to wear it as such.

I love Bombshell dearly and can't understand how it gets bad reviews. It has notes of Love Spell in it which had a cult following back in its day. It's floral, fresh and musky all at once. I like the lightness of VS perfumes even if they need re-app throughout the day

Over rated for the price. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell, however, it does not last long at all. I bought a dupe off line, (Stunner, on Ebay, less then $15, including shipping) and its about the same if I were to compare. I bought the dupe to carry in my purse to refresh the smell that seems to dissipate too soon. I would buy Stunner again, simply because of the price.
Too bad, because I really do like the fresh smell of the perfume.

So this is a weird comparison, but this scent is an exact dupe for Nature Republic's watery night cream. It's totally random, but I fell in love with that scent and purchased the cream while in Hawaii. To me, It is a light fruity floral scent. Very fresh. Good for summer. It reminds me of my Hawaiian vacation so it's a nice pick me up. There are no tropical floral notes to this, but it's juicy and fun. I'll repurchase even though I think VS perfumes are a ripoff.

on 8/17/2016 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

None of vs fragrances last and all their packaging is cute but cheap.. It is the same company as bath n body works I know I worked In the warehouse years ago so basically all ppl are paying for is a name and what they are getting is bath n body works quality spray disguised in a pretty perfume bottle lol .. It's all cheap quality trash .. Spend money on a real perfume.

on 7/15/2016 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm sure I've fallen for the advertising! But when I spray this, I feel fresh, young and sexy! It's not overpowering, it's not musky. It's kinda floral (I'm terrible at describing this!) I love using this in conjunction with the body lotion because it helps the smell stay longer.

I love just spraying myself even when I'm not going out, just for a pick me up. Sometimes I spray this in my lingerie drawer, just to make it smell nice.

Anyway, it's now my 3rd bottle purchase, plus rollerball.

Highly recommend!

on 7/27/2016 6:33:00 PM

Just spent $50+ on this? Smells awful! Need a shower just to get rid of the smell.

Popular Fragrances