SK-II Facial Treatment Mask

SK-II Facial Treatment Mask

4.2

Water, Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate*, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA. *Pitera.

on 10/4/2018 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

im so in love with it. You can see the result after one night. It make my makeup go on smoothly and the essence in the mask is really generous so you can use it on the neck or store it in the fridge for later use. Trust me it's worth the money. Maybe i will use it at the day that i know i will meet the love of my life haha

on 9/14/2018 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Your face does glow but the results do not last. Also it's way too expensive. I would say to not waste your money. It wont dramatically change your skin

on 8/13/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got to try this mask because my roommate gave me 2 packets. How generous!! After just one use, I am a believer. My skin had never felt softer and more hydrated. For me this is a product very difficult to part with. I can only indulge in this luxury once a month since it is quite expensive.

on 6/23/2018 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

got tons sample of this mask from SK2, it does plump, hydrate, and smooths my skin! It has cooling sensation and weird smells like their pitera essence. I still prefer their Whitening Source Revival Mask though since it has all the benefits of this mask plus brightening effect.

on 11/20/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received in a gift exchange, I was thrilled by the prospect of this "no mess" mask and optimistic for the slightest visible improvement. The liquid soaked fabric held no staying power which required frequent adjustments while little droplets trickled into my hair and down my neck. The mask felt cool and soothing, so the mess seemed justified with promise of any skin improvement. As instructed, after 15 minutes I removed the mask and massaged the remaining liquid into my skin. After using the third of the six masks without any visible improvements, it's been relegated to the skincare graveyard. Convenient and highly sanitary packaging is greatly appreciated.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mask by SK-II has long been a part of my skincare arsenal and I love it. It is a fairly run of the mill cotton sheet mask that is soaked in SK-II's "pitera" concoction, which is a nasty-sounding yeast byproduct. That byproduct, though, is chock full of things like amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It works wonderfully on the skin. I apply this mask as a rescue remedy. If I've done something horrible to my skin, whether it be overexfoliated or undermoisturized, the facial treatment mask sets me right. It's like a reset button for my skin. I leave it on for 20 minutes and then go to bed. In the morning, my skin is rested and glowing.
Pitera is touted for anti-aging benefits but I can't really attest to those, unless you want to count skin not looking haggard as anti-aging. If I used these more frequently, I might be able to tell a difference in fine lines and firmness, I suppose. There is a very good reason, however, that I save them for skin emergencies: the price. SK-II is a luxury brand and to buy these masks individually will set you back $17 each. A box of 10 is more reasonable at $135, but still not exactly a product that is feasible to use every day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In comparison to other masks I've tried, if you want your skin to glow, this is the one to get. I loved it so much that I went ahead and purchased SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. This isn't the best mask I've tried for hydration (keep in mind that my skin leans on the drier end) or reducing the appearance of pores. It's the glow that is amazing.

Tatcha's Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask does a better job hydrating my skin and Manefit's Soothing Aqua Collagen Hydrogel Mask does a better job of temporarily reducing pore size. Price wise Tatcha is the most expensive. It's $95 for 4 masks ($23.75 per mask) in comparison to SK-II $130 for 10 masks ($13.50 per mask). Manefit is $6.00 per mask.

The SK-II mask is worth keeping in your sheet mask rotation and definitely before an event.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I might be the only one in this world, who didn't like this mask, but oh well!

Not that it was bad per say, it wasn't WOW as I expected. I have much cheaper sheet masks, even those from Sephora's own brand, which are much better/cheaper than this little guy. SK2 claims a lot of wonderful things, but I just haven't noticed any difference in my skin after using it. Not right away, not even on a second day. I think that there a lot of better alternatives out there, so don't feel the need to pay for the name of the brand alone. You can read more about my sheet masks haul here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/05/22/Battle-Of-Sheet-Masks) but to conclude this post, I should say that I can't recommend it and I don't think I will ever repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Do they work? They do for me. I'm Indian, oily skinned, in humid Mumbai, and 35 years old. The mask makes me look like I've been on holiday - all rested and restored. I need less concealer too! No cream does that for me.
I already use the FTE (5 drops patted in nightly like a good girl) and it's helped somewhat with balancing out the difference in colours and textures on my face. It's about the only thing I can use on my face all year without breakouts.
I get three uses out of these expensive masks - on my first use, I squeeze out the excess serum and save it in the foil packet. And once my mask dries, it save it back in the packet, clip it shut and put it in the fridge. I do my second use within the week, soaking out the excess etc again but throw the mask out when done. My third use, a week later is serum only. The effect is only slightly less obvious and the saving tremendous. Haha!

AMAZING! love this product my skin is improved ever since I use this mask. I would absolutely repurchase this product👌🏽👌🏽