Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy moly! I look like a vampire/ghost, the foundation it is too heavy !
But I guess it is for someone who needs a good coverage, I don't have any scars or visible spots on my face so it is not for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best foundations for my combo dry skin. Can be found in Walmart.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this foundation on a whim and was really pleasantly surprised by it. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter when my reign as shedding queen of the lizards begins, and this foundation got me through some cold months when I also had some bad breakouts. The coverage is medium to full, with juuuuust a little cake effect. Lasted quite a lot on my face, would have lasted even longer if I didn't touch my face so goddamn much. Should be fine if you set it with a little bit of powder.

Comes in a glass bottle with a pump, neutral smell (floraly maybe? I can't remember) and it's really cheap. Can't remember what shade I used, but the match was really good and the foundation didn't change colour throughout the day.

Would recommend to other dry skin users and I plan to buy it again come winter.

on 7/2/2017 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation for me it's the best DS foundation I've tried, price is really great too can't go wrong.

This foundation is definitely a winner for me - good job Rimmel. I'm so glad I picked this up. This is a beautiful almost full coverage foundation that has a demi-matte finish and it lasts all day. It honestly in my opinion gives the Estée Lauder Double Wear a run for its money. Below I have listed my thoughts on this foundation:

- Packaging is great...nice glass bottle and comes in a pump.
- Price is very affordable being a drugstore brand. I think it is about CAD$8.99 but it will depend on which retail store you get it from.
- Semi matte finish with a hint of glow. It gives my skin life and it is so comfortable to wear (as in I do not feel a layer of stuff on my face).
- The scent is light and fruity...personally I find it very pleasant and it goes away quickly after you put it on your face.
- It is long lasting...only had to blot once and I'm set for the rest of the day.
- Color selection however is quite limiting and definitely does not cater to yellow/olive toned women. I'm NC30-35 with yellow undertone and I picked 200 Soft Beige, and it was WAY PINK on me. But I use the MUFE Chromatic adjuster in yellow (about 3 drops for 4 pumps of foundation) and the color match no longer is an issue for me.

All in all, despite the color selection I would highly recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin. This is one of my go-to foundation when I want a guaranteed good makeup day. What a great find!

on 6/15/2017 11:01:00 AM

Wanted to venture out and give drugstore foundation a try for the first time in many years for a quick, every day use for work. This item was listed on sale so I decided "why not" and picked it up. I wanted something not so matte, and was a little nervous that this foundation would be matte due to it being full coverage and claiming to be 25 hour wear. I'd have to say this foundation really surprised me. It gives me medium-full coverage, but with a natural finish. Consistency isn't too thick or too thin, but the packaging could improve. It's just a bottle you pour the product out from the top which gives the chance of wasting product from taking too much, or making a mess. If you're looking for an affordable foundation, check out Rimmel!

on 6/13/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow after reading the hype I'm a believer! But I'm a little confused - mine is in a red topped glass bottle WITHOUT a pump (??) and was highly discounted - saying 'last chance' - please tell me they're just improving the packaging on this!!! It must not be discontinued! Anyway shade 201 classic beige matches my nw25-ish skin perfectly. I was lucky they had my color left! This is wearing on par if not better than my current rotation of summer foundations including colorstay (250 fresh beige oily version), hourglass immaculate (nude), and Mac Pro longwear nourishing (nw30 it runs light). My skin is tweaked out in its combo-ness: parts are an oil slick parts are flaky. So I just prep accordingly with these foundations since they withstand heat. Love the full coverage. Apply w my fingers as I do w all. Tried L'Oréal true match c5 but it sweats off although color match is amazing :(

Back to the matter at hand, however, I'm so glad I found this for summer! The smooth application (I guess the 'serum' that's in there) reeeeally stands out for me. Since I'm already using so many great ones this had to be special in some way - it's like a luxurious silky formula I can't even describe it! Putting it on feels like I'm putting on a $50 foundation. It's not oily - just an extremely smooth creamy joy to apply. SPF 20 to boot! Pls do nottttt discontinue this!

This foundation is advertised as full coverage. Perhaps if you apply with fingers it might be, but I use a damp blending sponge and it's definitely more medium done that way. That being said, it is one of the few foundations from the drugstore that matches my very fair complexion. It also blends well, covers my redness and minor blemishes, and lasts about 8 hours, even in hot weather. I wouldn't try wearing this for 25 hours, but who would? This is an excellent foundation for normal to combination skin. Dry skin might find it patchy and oily skin might require a good mattifying powder.

on 6/5/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have really mixed feelings about this foundation. I want to love it so bad because of the price and the finish it provides on a good majority of my face. Where it sits nicely it is BEAUTIFUL holy grail status. The finish is just perfect, a "real skin" satin look in my opinion like no other foundation I've used. It also holds back oil really nicely and lasts through the work day extremely well. But here's where it goes south: it sinks into pores and deep wrinkles in a horrible way, I think someone else said it made their pores look like "sink holes." I agree 100%. In fact it created large pores out of quite small ones that have never been issue for me before and totally accentuated the vertical wrinkles between my eyebrows - which I have never even noticed before and now I'm self conscious about it! I tried benefit porefessional in those areas and all it did was make it look cakey. It looks fine on the mild acne texture I have near my temples, just not my larger pores. I've never been willing to mess around different foundations on my face, but because it looks SO NICE on 90% of my face I might just do that.

Other comments: the glass bottle with no pump is miserable to use and it smells somewhat strongly of Pert Plus shampoo which is a big turn off to me but not a deal breaker

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love it but it's just not for me and my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Might work if you have more normal skin.

I applied the foundation with an ELF selfie-ready foundation brush, which I normally really like. This stuff wouldn't stay on my nose. It just wouldn't stick onto my nose at all. Not with a brush, a sponge or my fingers. And it's nowhere near full-coverage because I could see some pretty minor blemishes through it.

It felt pretty normal at work, no dryness, tightness or much of anything. Around 2pm I look at myself in the mirror. It looks great from afar but up close, ladies, my pores had turned into tiny sinkholes on my face. And the texture was out of control. On my cheeks near my nose it was practically gone and then on my cheekbones it was like cake city. It looked like I'd set my face with flour. And I had put on sunglasses for like 5 minutes and it transferred so badly on my nose even after powdering and setting my face with setting spray.

The only good thing I can say about this is that it came with a pump. Yay.

Until I forget about this review and decide to try out this foundation again, it will be exiled to the bottom drawer. Might update if I somehow give it another go sometime.