Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

on 4/21/2017 2:21:00 AM

full coverage, doesnt look good on textures, soft beige is too dark for nc20, fragranced, oxidizes a little, returning cuz the shade

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation! It has really good coverage and it sits amazingly on my dry skin. I got it in the lightest shade and it is a perfect match for my very pale skin. Would definitely recommend. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've worn this enough times now to say that it irritates my skin. The entire time that I wear it I feel a slight burning sensation. When I wash my skin appears fine, but I've never worn it daily. Because I've used it enough now to know it consistently causes me a burning sensation, I'm going to throw it away. Also, I can only apply a thin layer without this looking cakey so I'd describe the coverage as light.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This foundation is awesome (long lasting, smoothing, moisturizing, has coverage)... unfortunately for me, it was SO TACKY! Even after I set it with loose powder, it was still wet and sticky. I like foundations that (somewhat) set, and this one didn't on me :(

Maybe it's because I have hydrated oily skin? I can imagine this is a dream for people with normal or dry skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a great drugstore foundation. it's the best i've used from the drugstore. i have acne prone, combination skin and this covers my imperfections very well even without concealer! it lasts the whole time that i have it on which is about 9-10 hours and have to do no touch ups. i first prime my face with mayballine master prime (the smooth and blur one) and i absolutely love this together as a duo. definitely worth a try!

I'm a makeup junkie--I used to work in cosmetics and have had the opportunity to try lots of high-end brands. I wore Estee Lauder Double Wear for a few years until I discovered this hidden gem. I love, love, LOVE the Rimmel 25-hour foundation and have worn it since they changed the packaging from plastic squeeze tube to the glass bottle w/ red lid (which I hate, btw---bring back the old packaging!!) It's a nice medium-to-full coverage but can be blended out for an even lighter finish. You just really have to blend it in. I put it on with my fingers. It has a very similar consistency to the Double Wear, but I honestly think I like this foundation even better--and it's a FRACTION of the price! I have combo skin (oilier in the hot Texas summer months), so I always set it w/ a translucent powder. For the price tag, you really cannot beat this foundation. I wear the 100 ivory color, and it matches perfectly. I've never found it to oxidize on my skin as others have claimed--so I guess it depends on your skin. I have worn this for years and will most likely continue to wear it unless I discover something new and better (but I doubt it for the price). I FREAKING LOVE THIS RIMMEL FOUNDATION!!!!! Try it--you won't regret it!

oh MAN i wanted to like this more. scented, but nothing overwhelming & actually quite nice. light-medium coverage on me, wasn't drying, didn't break me out (which is great for someone with dry patches because of my very sensitive, very acne-prone skin), lasted fairly well all day - a little oily eve on my mostly dry/sensitive skin, so i'd recommend setting it with a powder - but holy smokes does it ever oxidize - literally two or three shades darker on me. could only wear it if i blended it pretty far down my neck and wore something with a high neckline because i'm a super pale girl anyways - any darker than what it originally looked like in the bottle is too dark for me.

i normally like something with fuller coverage, but i liked almost everything else about this foundation - especially the price - to the point where i'd be repurchasing over and over if it weren't for the fact that i became a whole new orange-pink shade MINUTES after applying it. having said that, if you have a warmer, slightly tan complexion, you might be able to get away with this by trying a shade lighter than you usually take and seeing if it changes to a colour that matches you. if your store has little testers - try them, do some more shopping around, and see how much it changes for you.

really wish i could've repurchased this but the oxidation was too much to ignore & outweighed the pros :(

on 3/17/2017 9:44:00 PM

Very nice shade match for fair skin, medium to full coverage, long-wearing, non-irritating, and does not settle very much into lines and pores. I wish it was a little more moisturizing, tends to go on a little dry even after moisturizer, and a little more full coverage. (40-something combination skin)

on 3/17/2017 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite foundation!
In the summer I have oily skin and in the winter it's more on the dry/combination side. This foundation works all year round!
Great coverage, looks like skin and lasts all day.

I, like many, just love to try out other foundations to add to my makeup cabinet. I've been reading about this foundation for quite a while now. I have some Rimmel products - eye pencils, lipsticks (they have GREAT lipsticks, btw), but never ever thought about trying their foundations. I looked up reviews specifically for my age range, as I am 52 years old and the reviews were glowing. I thought, this many women cannot be wrong, so I schlepped off to Walmart this weekend and picked up a bottle.

Well, I wore it yesterday for the first time and let me tell you - I am simply amazed. AMAZED! This is labeled as full coverage, and I'd say that is true for the most part, or very high medium. This covered beautifully without settling into my fine lines & pores. This was the main reason I held off purchasing. With age comes lines, wrinkles, combo skin and other good stuff, and as other ladies my age know, most full coverage products just don't look good. At all. But this looked great! Held up all day too without a single touch-up, and no blotting. It went on very nice over moisturized skin (I don't use primers) once I learned not to use my Real Techniques brush. It went on very streaky with the brush. Application with my fingers worked much better. It dries down to a nice satin finish. Beautiful. It did stay somewhat tacky for a bit. I almost never use powder, but for this I did just ever so lightly tapped some powder over. Also, this was not at all mask-like.

Two drawbacks: 1) there is fragrance in the formula, but I only knew that because I read the ingredients. It is by no means a very noticeable fragrance at all, but most fragrance in cosmetics are pro-oxidant. I hate that companies put fragrance in leave-on products. 2) Limited shade range. I ended up exchanging twice for a suitable shade. The one I am sticking with is maybe about 1/2 shade too dark, its just slightly & subtly a tad darker, and my daughter didn't notice, and she's the one who would critique.

Right now I have 8 foundations, both high end & drugstore, and this one is solidly in the top 3. Very solid performer, very happy with this $7 bottle of magic. I want to thank all the other mature ladies who gave reviews and shared their experience, because I never ever would have given this foundation a chance, and I held off a long time. I wished I would have jumped on it long ago.

EDIT: Ok, seems I forgot some things: Regarding packaging, this comes in a glass bottle, without a pump. This doesn't bother me, since I did start wearing makeup in the early '80's, when pumps were unheard. A little more messy & inconvenient? yes, but won't stop me from loving this foundation. I'm happy its in a glass bottle rather than a plastic one. One of my foundations is the MUFE Ultra HD and as much as that costs, they can't put it in a glass bottle???!