Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

on 12/9/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in a glass bottle and have never seen it in a plastic tube even years ago when it came out. Foundations for oily skin constantly improve and so did this foundation. As a foundation junkie, I always look for the best foundation for my oily skin but so far, have not come across the very best. The problem with Revlon Colorstay and Estée Lauder Doublewear is the shade selection. No matter how many shades I have tried, nothing came close to my own skin color. Some shades such as Warm Golden Beige in Revlon Colorstay even make me look sick. Same goes for a lot of other famous foundations for oily skin. I am close to NC30 so I went for No. 200 or Soft Beige. Very complimentary color as it disappeared on my skin and perfected the unevenness. Unfortunately, the effect did not last. Within 9 hours, it became patchy and the oil came through in a disgusting form.The foundation oxidized and my perfect shade changed to orange on the cheeks. Nothing stayed on my nose either. Goodbye and farewell. For a couple of hours, it worked. 25 hours? That a joke!

on 12/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

I've been using this Foundation for about 6 months now. So far I really like it. One drawback that I have is that it seems to take forever to set.
I gave this a good rating because I love the Finish but my biggest pet peeve is a sticky Foundation. If you set it it looks beautiful and it seems to last a long time. I would say give this a shot as its a solid medium coverage. The price is a little bit High for drug store but a little goes a long way so it's worth it

Rimmel 25 hour lasting finish had been my go to foundation for years and I do mean years. That being said, I tried very hard to be loyal after Rimmel switched from the plastic tube to the glass bottle, however I have finally thrown in the towel (or more appropriately the glass jar). What’s more, I don’t think it’s just me because I have seen repeated complaints about the jar in reviews ever since they made the switch but obviously rimmel is not concerned with users frustration enough to go back to the tube. To be fair to Rimmel, I can speculate that maybe the glass is more profitable for them due to the actual cost of glass being cheaper than the plastic tube, not to mention the waste of product causing us consumers to have to purchase it more frequently, and together the combined savings adds up to quite a nice little bonus for some executive higher up the chain at Rimmel I’m suppose. So guess what? I have finally figured out that life will actually go on without my beloved 25 hour lasting finish foundation. And guess what else? Now I feel so liberated and empowered by doing something about my daily frustration with this pitiful little bottle and it’s frustrating application process that I had to share my joy with all of you out there who are experiencing the same frustration. Hey! Life is too short to deal with inadequate little glass bottles every day! Since tossing mine, I found a similar product that is comparable, if not even better than my beloved Rimmel 25 hour Lasting Finish. Who knew!!! So ladies, just know...it IS possible to move on. Trust me. I did it and I haven’t looked back!!! Feel the power!!!!

on 12/2/2017 8:36:00 AM

I love this stuff! Despite trying many many products I keep going back to Rimmel for jst about everything. The new pump bottle is nice but I feel alot gets wasted unless you scrape it out near the bottom. I’m too lazy to use sponges and such so this one goes on nice with my fingers and lasts all day. The true nude is perfect for me, I’m on my fifth bottle now. I like that it doesn’t set instantly so I can blend it properly before it dries. I always set it with Rimmel waterproof bronzer then I’m good to go. Not sure about the 25 hour thing but I do use a primer ( again, Rimmel ) if I need it to last longer. I use this every day at work where I sweat and it stays put. Super cheap too!

on 10/21/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this foundation! I have quite a collection of foundations and like to chop and change which ones I use Day to day, but every time I wear this I question why I don’t use it more often!
It’s one of my favourites from the drugstore and reminds me a lot of Mac studio fix.
It says it’s full coverage and I would agree with this, depending on how you apply it. I don’t find it cakey at all and it doesn’t crease where some other foundations do on me. I’m more of a sheer/medium coverage girl and this is one of the few full coverage foundations I have. I don’t find it heavy at all and it’s just so nice on the skin it doesn’t look like or feel like you’re wearing a full coverage foundation. I can still see some of my darker freckles through it, but I’ve yet to find a foundation that completely covers them up, and it’s not something that bothers me anyway. People who do like and consistently wear full coverage foundations may find this is more of a medium cover, it’s probably down to personal preference and opinion.

It’s long wearing, I can’t say wether it lives up to its 25hr claim because I’ve never worn it for that amount of time, but it has lasted me well through an 8 hour shift, and today I even went to the gym before work with it on and it still looked as good after my sweaty gym session as it had before, which is very rare, so no touch up required for work :)

All in all, a great foundation at a great price! I’m realising I really love rimmel foundations between this and the wake me up, so think I’ll need to give their others a try! The only thing that lets this foundation and rimmel in general down is the shade range. I wear the darkest shade in this foundation, 400 natural beige, I’m pretty tanned but I’m still white, so darker skinned ladies would not find a shade in this foundation :(

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff!!!! This may be the first foundation I repurchase in god knows how long. Its smooth and lasts the longest out of all of my foundations without becoming an oil slick. So cheap too! I lurve it :)

on 9/18/2017 10:29:00 PM

I have used this foundation for about 3 years and I have it in the shade Light Ivory 091 for winter and when it's summer I wear 115 Warm Ivory.I have Ivory skin (Mac nc15).I love this foundation and it's good for especially dry skin,cause it has lighly glowy texture,not too much though.My skin is oily t-zone with dry patches and this is what I wear when I want my foundation to really last,but not to look cakey.Very good coverage.It has a scent but I don't mind at all although I'm sensitive for what it comes to scented foundations.So,overall this is the foundation I trust the most in my collection from all to the highend products.Totally recommend! ☆

on 9/18/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

EDIT: I wanted to add that I am still using this (12/2017) and I love this foundation mixed with Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation (blue cap). I literally only use a couple of small dabs of each foundation on my face and blend them out with a damp sponge and it melts into my skin. I get a nice thin coverage (I don't use much) that brightens my complexion and doesn't get flaky etc.. This is a thick foundation, so I think it's awesome for a winter foundation - in the summer - I still use some of this, but a little less and mix it with my WnW foundation that is a drier formula for the humid summer months. LOVE THIS stuff. No breakouts either.
---------------------------------------------
I have super sensitive, combo skin. I start out dry - where if I put anything on my skin, I flake, but after 2 hours - I'm oily. I don't want heavy coverage, but something that can cover melasma. I am normally sensitive to heavy scents, but the scent on this isn't that bad. It's there - and is fruity, but doesn't seem to bother me.

So far, I really like this foundation. I'm having to mix it with Rimmel's Match Perfection, mostly because the shade closest to me (200 soft beige) is just a hair too dark, but the next shade lighter is way too light. The shade I match with in Match Perfection is just light enough to balance out this foundation color - plus help thin the formula. This formula is a bit thick, and a little does go a long way. When using the two mixed, I find that I get a really nice finish - no cracking or clinging to dry patches - so it suits my skin well.

However, Laureth-4 is listed in this product and is supposed to be a very comedogenic/acne irritant ingredient, so I'm watching to see if I have any reactions, being that I have sensitive skin. So far, it's doing okay.

The one thing I have noticed is that I prefer using a damp sponge to apply Rimmel foundations, vs. a brush. I tried a brush today and it was like buffing in thick paint on my face, even though I barely use much (just a few dots here and there). It still gave me a nice finish, but once I applied powder to set (this is a tacky foundation) - it became more heavy-looking on my skin than when using a sponge. I'll stick with the sponge. If you want heavier coverage, stick with the brush. I also noticed that the overall color of the foundation on my skin seems to look paler when I use a brush, vs. when I use a damp sponge. I used the brush today, and my face looks paler than I'd like.

Plus side - this doesnt' last 25 hours like it claims, but it is a good coverage foundation, but doesn't wear or wash off like a long-time wearing full coverage foundation. I have no issues washing this off - which is AWESOME. I say give it a try.

Saw a YouTube review of this long lasting full coverage foundation and had to try it myself. I tend to sweat my foundation off in the summer months and don't like paying more for a department store brand so I bought this at Walmart and tried it. Love it! I had a long (sweaty) day yesterday doing some flea market shopping and my foundation stayed on looking great. I have an oily T-zone but the foundation didn't budge or oxidize to a different color. My summer shade is 203 - True Beige. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation is amazing but acne sufferers beware. This will break you out if you’re acne prone. :(