Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

I, like many, just love to try out other foundations to add to my makeup cabinet. I've been reading about this foundation for quite a while now. I have some Rimmel products - eye pencils, lipsticks (they have GREAT lipsticks, btw), but never ever thought about trying their foundations. I looked up reviews specifically for my age range, as I am 52 years old and the reviews were glowing. I thought, this many women cannot be wrong, so I schlepped off to Walmart this weekend and picked up a bottle.

Well, I wore it yesterday for the first time and let me tell you - I am simply amazed. AMAZED! This is labeled as full coverage, and I'd say that is true for the most part, or very high medium. This covered beautifully without settling into my fine lines & pores. This was the main reason I held off purchasing. With age comes lines, wrinkles, combo skin and other good stuff, and as other ladies my age know, most full coverage products just don't look good. At all. But this looked great! Held up all day too without a single touch-up, and no blotting. It went on very nice over moisturized skin (I don't use primers) once I learned not to use my Real Techniques brush. It went on very streaky with the brush. Application with my fingers worked much better. It dries down to a nice satin finish. Beautiful. It did stay somewhat tacky for a bit. I almost never use powder, but for this I did just ever so lightly tapped some powder over. Also, this was not at all mask-like.

Two drawbacks: 1) there is fragrance in the formula, but I only knew that because I read the ingredients. It is by no means a very noticeable fragrance at all, but most fragrance in cosmetics are pro-oxidant. I hate that companies put fragrance in leave-on products. 2) Limited shade range. I ended up exchanging twice for a suitable shade. The one I am sticking with is maybe about 1/2 shade too dark, its just slightly & subtly a tad darker, and my daughter didn't notice, and she's the one who would critique.

Right now I have 8 foundations, both high end & drugstore, and this one is solidly in the top 3. Very solid performer, very happy with this $7 bottle of magic. I want to thank all the other mature ladies who gave reviews and shared their experience, because I never ever would have given this foundation a chance, and I held off a long time. I wished I would have jumped on it long ago.

EDIT: Ok, seems I forgot some things: Regarding packaging, this comes in a glass bottle, without a pump. This doesn't bother me, since I did start wearing makeup in the early '80's, when pumps were unheard. A little more messy & inconvenient? yes, but won't stop me from loving this foundation. I'm happy its in a glass bottle rather than a plastic one. One of my foundations is the MUFE Ultra HD and as much as that costs, they can't put it in a glass bottle???!

on 2/17/2017 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really good foundation. I use it as my "special occasion" foundation. The coverage is high medium-full. The oil control is good. The finish is beautiful and it lasts a pretty long time, I'd say a good around 10 hours with my combo-oily skin. It does have a fragrance but I don't mind it too much. The only problem I have with it is that if I wear it repeatedly I break out! But overall a very good foundation!

on 2/6/2017 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have the formulation in the pump bottle, the shade is 010 light porclean. It blends in perfectly well with my cool skin tone and doesn't make my dark freckles look ashy, which is always a worry of mine. I imagine that which neutral or even light yellow undertones would look ok, olive individuals may look sullen.

Okay, let me say that the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer is my favourite primer ever. It doesn't irritate my dry skin, it keeps things looking smooth and all my makeup sticks to it like glue. It's wonderful. So when I ran out of my last Covergirl foundation I decided I decided to get the one that matches my favourite primer. Honestly, I'm glad I did. At first I was skeptical about using a medium to full coverage foundation, since I usually ONLY wear sheer formulas.

However, it is very easy to sheer this foundation out to a light coverage. If you apply with a dampened sponge or makeup brush, or even mix in a bit of moisturizer this looks invisible on the skin. Since I use it so sparingly I imagine this 30mL bottle will probably last a year or so. Or you can apply with a dry makeup brush or fingers for that real flawless look.

Onto the wear: excellent. As I said, it can be sheered out to nothing, but since this is a medium to full coverage normally, it works as a concealer on any spots you may want to cover. It is very shiny at first right after application if you use a damp sponge, so I would suggest using a setting powder. If you've ever rubbed oil pastels between your fingers for a long time, you know that warm slick feeling you get, that's what I would compare the texture to once it is applied. I've worn this in rain and though sleeping, but it didn't rub off. Furthermore, it looks better a few hours after application than immediately. I haven't noticed any colour oxidation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am seriously shocked at how many people love this product! I was looking for a good medium but buildable to a full coverage drugstore foundation and bought this due to reading good reviews about it and people recommending it on YouTube. The price is pretty nice, only 6.99 at target. The foundation claims to be full coverage on the bottle, and I've also heard people on YouTube saying that it is too, but I would completely disagree. I'm able to get a medium coverage out of this ONLY AFTER putting two coats of it on. I have acne prone skin, and this made me break out pretty badly, accentuated my pores even after using primer, makes the texture of my skin look worse, and is so sticky that it even makes your concealer hard to blend out if you put it on top. All in all, I would not recommend this product. The shade range is also pretty bad, and there are not enough warm tones. The lightest shade was too dark and pink toned for me. I'm sticking to my go to drugstore foundation L'oreal True Match, even though it gives less coverage than I'd like in a foundation. It gives a pretty good medium buildable coverage if that's what you're looking for. It has a great shade range in my opinion, blends much better into the skin, doesn't accentuate my pores and texture, and doesn't look cakey when using my beauty blender. I used to not like it, but the new formula of True Match seems a lot better to me. Still searching for a good full coverage drugstore foundation after not liking Revlon Colorstay

on 1/24/2017 6:56:00 PM

Love this foundation! I use 300 Sand in the glass bottle.

This would be my go-to winter foundation if it wasn't for a skin condition that I found out later may be instigated by chemical SPF. I'm very sad that I can't use now b/c of the SPF in the product.

It doesn't oxidize, does not settle into fine lines, and doesn't look cakey with one layer. It gives medium coverage. I use a RT Expert Face brush (combination of stippling and circular buffing) with great results.

In the winter, it gives such a nice finish in that it's a bit on the dewy side and makes my skin appear more moistened during the drier weather. However, when humidity is high in the summer, it slides off after a few hours (I do not have oily skin at all...I'd considered it "normal") hence why I only wear it during the winter.

If Rimmel switches to physical SPF only or no SPF, I'd repurchase in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm now forced to search for a new foundation to replace it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation ! I can't afford high-end makeup as I am a student.

It's my daily foundation, I use it with ELF pore reducing primer, I own the shade ''Light Porcelaine'' and it does its job properly, doesn't cake, great finish accentued with finishing powder, don't transfer to the bridge of my glasses - and a lot of foundations does, with the sweating and constant rub of this zone. I wouldn't say it lasts 25 hours but it lasts a whole school day , so 8-10 hours, it doesn't move too much past that amount of time and didn't oxyde or anything.

It's affordable, blends wonderfully wether applied with a foundation brush, a stipple brush, a sponge ( I use it with a Real Techniques's dupe and it works wonderfully ), but I definitely wouldn't apply it with fingers. But then again, who would apply their foundation with their fingers ? I'm a newbie in makeup and even I know that you don't put foundation on your whole face with your fingersé

If you're looking for a good quality/price drugstore foundation, go buy it, it's really a good one. :)

on 1/17/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've used this twice. Yesterday I applied with a brush and got okay results. Today with an RT sponge and result is a satin finish with zero cling to dry spots. I'll be using a sponge from now on. It also lasted longer with sponge application. Coverage is medium; I haven't tested whether it can be built up. The fragrance isn't great and definitely a drawback but at least you don't smell it after application. I'm very happy with the results and look forward to continuing to use this, especially during the dry winter months. Side note: I have Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Ivory and it's a very good match, so I got Lasting Finish in Ivory as well and it's definitely not exactly the same colour. Lasting Finish is a bit warmer but actually makes my skin look more alive, so I'm happy and will continue to use it. Just thought I'd mention that not all Ivory colours are the same across Rimmel's foundation lines.

on 12/13/2016 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like this product! I have it in the shade 303 true nude, which claims to be medium coverage and actually gives me full coverage. That might just be me though. It doesn't wear off soon, though I haven't honestly been able to test it for more than 4 hours. Gives a matte look, really does cover pores and stays that way. The only problem is the shade range! Hasn't clogged pores, and really is breathable and easy to blend. I usually use a powder over it to perfect the look though.

on 12/2/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

rimmel lasting product was good for a skin and use day by day.

I really liked this foundation. I have dry skin and it didn't cling to any dry patches. Unfortunately, I started getting little bumps all over my face and my neck where I brought the foundation down. I've never had that issue with a foundation before. It's worth trying though, good price.