Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation ! I can't afford high-end makeup as I am a student.

It's my daily foundation, I use it with ELF pore reducing primer, I own the shade ''Light Porcelaine'' and it does its job properly, doesn't cake, great finish accentued with finishing powder, don't transfer to the bridge of my glasses - and a lot of foundations does, with the sweating and constant rub of this zone. I wouldn't say it lasts 25 hours but it lasts a whole school day , so 8-10 hours, it doesn't move too much past that amount of time and didn't oxyde or anything.

It's affordable, blends wonderfully wether applied with a foundation brush, a stipple brush, a sponge ( I use it with a Real Techniques's dupe and it works wonderfully ), but I definitely wouldn't apply it with fingers. But then again, who would apply their foundation with their fingers ? I'm a newbie in makeup and even I know that you don't put foundation on your whole face with your fingersé

If you're looking for a good quality/price drugstore foundation, go buy it, it's really a good one. :)

on 1/17/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've used this twice. Yesterday I applied with a brush and got okay results. Today with an RT sponge and result is a satin finish with zero cling to dry spots. I'll be using a sponge from now on. It also lasted longer with sponge application. Coverage is medium; I haven't tested whether it can be built up. The fragrance isn't great and definitely a drawback but at least you don't smell it after application. I'm very happy with the results and look forward to continuing to use this, especially during the dry winter months. Side note: I have Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Ivory and it's a very good match, so I got Lasting Finish in Ivory as well and it's definitely not exactly the same colour. Lasting Finish is a bit warmer but actually makes my skin look more alive, so I'm happy and will continue to use it. Just thought I'd mention that not all Ivory colours are the same across Rimmel's foundation lines.

on 12/13/2016 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like this product! I have it in the shade 303 true nude, which claims to be medium coverage and actually gives me full coverage. That might just be me though. It doesn't wear off soon, though I haven't honestly been able to test it for more than 4 hours. Gives a matte look, really does cover pores and stays that way. The only problem is the shade range! Hasn't clogged pores, and really is breathable and easy to blend. I usually use a powder over it to perfect the look though.

on 12/2/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

rimmel lasting product was good for a skin and use day by day.

I really liked this foundation. I have dry skin and it didn't cling to any dry patches. Unfortunately, I started getting little bumps all over my face and my neck where I brought the foundation down. I've never had that issue with a foundation before. It's worth trying though, good price.

This foundation is amazing! I would give it five stars if Rimmel's shade range wasn't so bad. I think there's only 6 or 7 shades. I'm an NC15 and can barely pull off their lightest shade. My dark skin girls are out of luck in that aspect too :(.

I also would call this a medium coverage foundation even though it's advertised as full coverage. To me, full coverage Is one layer and your mug is beat. With this you need 2 or 3 layers. That isn't really a bad thing though because this foundation layers beautifully and still looks like skin. It always looks great til I take it off. Love it.

I will note that this product does take awhile to dry completely to its demi-matte finish and it will feel tacky while drying. I definitely do not recommend trying to powder your face to rush the process. It will cake. Give it 10-15 minutes and go light with the powder.

on 10/26/2016 5:46:00 AM

It's an okay drugstore foundation. The smell is okay, it's not overpowering. You can build it up to high coverage. But I have to say that it doesn't last for 25 hours. It usually starts to break up on my face after 6 or 7 hours. Even the lightest shade is too dark for me during the winter. It tends to give me cystic acne if I use it every day.

on 10/24/2016 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great drugstore foundation. I have been using it for a couple of months now. I don't think it is quite as full coverage as the Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation but it can be built up quite nicely & has a nice appearance on the skin. I also think the shade range is quite good. I should also mention that it holds up nicely on my combo skin (I always set it with powder; that's just something I do because of my oily t-zone; although you probably could get away with not setting it at all, depending on your skin type. I set it with the Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder, sensitive version. Not my fav powder, but that's a separate review). I definitely recommend this foundation to anyone who wants to try it!

Mine came with a pump, which I assume is a fairly recent addition to the product because emilynoel83 used it in a video recently & indicated that hers did not have a pump. Always love having a foundation that is in a pump or a squeeze tube :) Both this foundation & the Covergirl foundation I mentioned above are two of my favorite foundations,

on 10/7/2016 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I have purchased so many foundations from drug store to high end foundations that it's hard to keep track of them.

This one stands out as having great coverage and natural colors for us fair to light skin folks. I am NW 15 and use the Ivory which I feared would be on the yellow side but it is a neutral color and matches my skin nicely. I like that it covers so well and has a satin finish - looks very natural. It doesn't sink into wrinkles or accentuate pores. I would say this has strong medium coverage.

What's so good is that this has very good staying power. I have mature dry skin but my nose tends to get oily and foundation just doesn't hold up on it. However, this foundation does a super job - my nose does show some oil after 4 hours but blotting up the oil leaves it like new and the foundation stays on and doesn't smear or budge. I had some other foundations do this also but they tend to be very drying and bring on and bring attention to dry skin patches. So far this foundation has not showed any signs of dryness. To find this combination of staying power without the dryness is amazing. Yahoo!

I have two small cons - the bottle is just not good - skinny bottle with no pump. Surprised to see this going from a tube type container to a glass bottle. The other con is that the foundation stays a bit tacky even after a light powder.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is my absolute favorite so far. It has a nice finish and is somewhere between matte and dewy, it's really blendable and lasts all day. My skin can sometimes be quite dry and I find this foundation quite moisturizing.
I also sometimes mix this foundation with Rimmel good to glow bronzer to give it a more dewy finish.
Recently tried a few higher end foundations but still prefer this one by far