Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

This is the only foundation I have ever finished an entire bottle of. In my life. And I'm 45. I've tried every foundation that costs under $80.00 and this one is the best for my skin.

I have combination skin and am middle aged.
I look for a foundation that deals with my oil and doesn't enhance my pores, or, my wrinkles.
I've tried them all and this is my go to foundation.

PROS
Stays on my skin for at least 10 hours
Buildable coverage
Medium to high coverage
Blends easily with brush, blender, sponge or fingers
Good colour match for lighter skin
Doesn't feel heavy
Not a lot of fragrance
1.5 pumps is plenty to cover my face

CONS
In Europe (where I live) it comes in a pump bottle, which is great, but when the bottle gets close to empty it is hard to get the dregs out.
It does highlight my pores a bit but not my wrinkles.
Not a lot of shade choices, but Rimmel is getting better at introducing more shades.
Ivory is a bit too dark for my skin in the winter

HINT FOR OILY SKIN AND LONGER LASTING WEAR.
If you want this foundation to be even more full coverage and additionally sweatproof (and make it waterproof) I add a teeny tiny bit from the Lasting Finish Powder to the liquid foundation by scraping off some powder and blend it on my hand first. You won't need a lot of powder! Then I apply with a brush. This will give you a longer lasting finish and more coverage but blend quickly because it will dry fairly fast. But holy moly, it is a game changer.

I gave it one less lippie because I often have to use a foundation adjuster to make it a wee bit lighter.

on 5/25/2017 2:11:00 PM

I have been using this foundation forever. It has great coverage without looking too cakey. Definitely looks great on the skin. It does not last as long as it says it does on the packaging. Rimmel recently changed the packaging to a pump which is awesome because it used to explode out of the bottle. I believe they may have changed the formula again and now it contains a "comfort serum"...only down side I've noticed with it recently is that it kind of breaks me out since the formula change :( . For this I would have given it a 3/5...but I really like the finish.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I saw this on a best drug store list so when I saw it on clearance for 4$ I had to get it. mine is in a bottle, I did own the one from the picture a few years ago though. I feel like the formula must have changed because I really like this one better. the coverage is great, I don't feel the need to use powder on top like I do for so many full coverage foundations. I apply it with a moist sponge and it goes on smoothly, covers imperfections and doesn't bring out dry patches. I hope it isn't discontinued!

on 5/9/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this foundation over the Rimmel Stay Matte primer, and it stays on nicely and reasonably matte all day on my oily skin, meaning I usually don't feel the need to add powder, just blot with paper during the day. If your skin isn't that oily, it would propably stay fine without the primer also. Coverage is good and consistency IS kind of tacky and creamy, as many have mentioned. Still it blends well with fingers (I never use any sponges or brushes to put on foundation) and you only need little. There is a risk of mask effect if used too much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. It has a satin/dewy finish on my dry skin and it never seems to cling to any dry patches. It lasts a while on my skin and has medium/ buildable coverage that never looks cakey. I go to this foundation more than any other.

on 5/4/2017 4:49:00 PM

I wish I could say I loved this foundation. It is actually not so bad and the over all consistency is great and when applied to my skin initially it made my face look amazingly flawless! However after a couple of hours of wear it oxidised and made me look like peanut butter on toast, even with a great primer which is suppose to mitigate oxidation, like hourglass veil. It was sad because I really liked it initially :-(

on 4/21/2017 2:21:00 AM

full coverage, doesnt look good on textures, soft beige is too dark for nc20, fragranced, oxidizes a little, returning cuz the shade

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation! It has really good coverage and it sits amazingly on my dry skin. I got it in the lightest shade and it is a perfect match for my very pale skin. Would definitely recommend. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've worn this enough times now to say that it irritates my skin. The entire time that I wear it I feel a slight burning sensation. When I wash my skin appears fine, but I've never worn it daily. Because I've used it enough now to know it consistently causes me a burning sensation, I'm going to throw it away. Also, I can only apply a thin layer without this looking cakey so I'd describe the coverage as light.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This foundation is awesome (long lasting, smoothing, moisturizing, has coverage)... unfortunately for me, it was SO TACKY! Even after I set it with loose powder, it was still wet and sticky. I like foundations that (somewhat) set, and this one didn't on me :(

Maybe it's because I have hydrated oily skin? I can imagine this is a dream for people with normal or dry skin!