Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: This is a very good, medium/high coverage, transfer- and sweat-proof foundation. It has a demi-matte finish, and it stays wonderfully on my skin for hours and hours. In Romania it comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

Cons: As usual, the lightest shade available in my country (Ivory) is a bit too dark for me, and it oxidizes quite a bit, which is why I probably won't repurchase. It also breaks me out a little, but only if I use it a few days in a row.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'll be dang. They have repacked this foundation. It is now in a bottle. The bottle says "Breathable". It has one of those crazy applicators in it. I don't like that much. I love how it wears and the coverage. Even at my age. It doesn't seem to creep into wrinkles, or fine lines. It was like six bucks. Cannot beat the price. Especially for the coverage - but I mean it is medium. It can pretty much be built but I don't' like the look. I like it better with a little skin showing through. I'm really pleased that I gave it a try - it's like my everyday make up. I still have my fenty - but I'm still not real pleased with that. It wears like iron - but the color is still off. I may mix them!! knowing me - I will.

on 1/24/2018 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm rewriting my review for this because it's become my HG foundation. I've been using it daily since 9/18/2017. I've tried tons of middle end to drugstore foundations and this has been the best foundation for my skin. It melts into my skin and looks like skin, which I haven't seen a foundation do for me EVER. I've tried Maybelline's Fit me, Cover Girl's BB creams and foundations, Revlon's Colorstay (no matter how hard I washed, it wouldn't come off and I can't use cold creams - break me out). Tried Tarte TM and foundation, Wet n Wild (is my HG summer foundation) -- this stuff is TOP for me. It makes my skin poreless.

I mix this foundation with Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation (blue cap) because Match Perfection is a little more moisturizing (for winter) and it helps get me to the shade I need. I literally only use a couple of small dabs of each foundation on my face and blend them out with a damp sponge and it melts into my skin. I get a nice thin coverage (I don't use much) that brightens my complexion and doesn't get flaky etc.. This is a thick foundation, so I think it's awesome for a winter foundation. In the summer - I still use some of this, but instead of mixing with Match Perfection, I mix it with my HG summer foundation by WnW that is a drier formula for the humid summer months. Absolutely LOVE THIS stuff. I do have oily skin and get oily no matter WHAT foundation/primer I use, so I still blot twice during my work day, but nothing excessive. Works well with my under eye concealer (Maybelline Fit me) and I set it with any powder I have in my drawer with a powder poof, and then press the powder into my skin with my damp sponge. I get a poreless, flawless look.

Only negative - get a pump or a squeeze tube, guys. The glass bottle is a pain.

I have sensitive skin and no breakouts either! Other HUGE plus - washes off GREAT (unlike Colorstay)!

on 12/31/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I rarely buy makeup from Walmart as it never seems to agree with my skin.. I bought this foundation (in glass bottle) last minute since I had forgot mine before an event. It was on sale for $3.50 and let me tell you, this foundation is better than a lot of the more expensive brands I have purchased from places such as Sephora or Clinique. I have oily skin so it's hard for me to find a good buy that doesn't get splotchy after about an hour or make me break out. This stayed on like a charm! I wouldn't say it's '25' hour wear, but it definitely stayed on great for 8+ hours. It wasn't cakey, caused NO breakouts, and didn't take much foundation to cover well, add some primer before hand to last even longer. I will keep repurchasing! Definitely worth the buy.

on 12/9/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in a glass bottle and have never seen it in a plastic tube even years ago when it came out. Foundations for oily skin constantly improve and so did this foundation. As a foundation junkie, I always look for the best foundation for my oily skin but so far, have not come across the very best. The problem with Revlon Colorstay and Estée Lauder Doublewear is the shade selection. No matter how many shades I have tried, nothing came close to my own skin color. Some shades such as Warm Golden Beige in Revlon Colorstay even make me look sick. Same goes for a lot of other famous foundations for oily skin. I am close to NC30 so I went for No. 200 or Soft Beige. Very complimentary color as it disappeared on my skin and perfected the unevenness. Unfortunately, the effect did not last. Within 9 hours, it became patchy and the oil came through in a disgusting form.The foundation oxidized and my perfect shade changed to orange on the cheeks. Nothing stayed on my nose either. For a couple of hours, it worked. 25 hours? That is a joke! I tried this with my favorite NYX HD primer and it lasted for hours and did not oxidize. I will keep this product but they need to be more conscientious about the advertisements.

on 12/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

I've been using this Foundation for about 6 months now. So far I really like it. One drawback that I have is that it seems to take forever to set.
I gave this a good rating because I love the Finish but my biggest pet peeve is a sticky Foundation. If you set it it looks beautiful and it seems to last a long time. I would say give this a shot as its a solid medium coverage. The price is a little bit High for drug store but a little goes a long way so it's worth it

Rimmel 25 hour lasting finish had been my go to foundation for years and I do mean years. That being said, I tried very hard to be loyal after Rimmel switched from the plastic tube to the glass bottle, however I have finally thrown in the towel (or more appropriately the glass jar). What’s more, I don’t think it’s just me because I have seen repeated complaints about the jar in reviews ever since they made the switch but obviously rimmel is not concerned with users frustration enough to go back to the tube. To be fair to Rimmel, I can speculate that maybe the glass is more profitable for them due to the actual cost of glass being cheaper than the plastic tube, not to mention the waste of product causing us consumers to have to purchase it more frequently, and together the combined savings adds up to quite a nice little bonus for some executive higher up the chain at Rimmel I’m suppose. So guess what? I have finally figured out that life will actually go on without my beloved 25 hour lasting finish foundation. And guess what else? Now I feel so liberated and empowered by doing something about my daily frustration with this pitiful little bottle and it’s frustrating application process that I had to share my joy with all of you out there who are experiencing the same frustration. Hey! Life is too short to deal with inadequate little glass bottles every day! Since tossing mine, I found a similar product that is comparable, if not even better than my beloved Rimmel 25 hour Lasting Finish. Who knew!!! So ladies, just know...it IS possible to move on. Trust me. I did it and I haven’t looked back!!! Feel the power!!!!

on 12/2/2017 8:36:00 AM

I love this stuff! Despite trying many many products I keep going back to Rimmel for jst about everything. The new pump bottle is nice but I feel alot gets wasted unless you scrape it out near the bottom. I’m too lazy to use sponges and such so this one goes on nice with my fingers and lasts all day. The true nude is perfect for me, I’m on my fifth bottle now. I like that it doesn’t set instantly so I can blend it properly before it dries. I always set it with Rimmel waterproof bronzer then I’m good to go. Not sure about the 25 hour thing but I do use a primer ( again, Rimmel ) if I need it to last longer. I use this every day at work where I sweat and it stays put. Super cheap too!

on 10/21/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this foundation! I have quite a collection of foundations and like to chop and change which ones I use Day to day, but every time I wear this I question why I don’t use it more often!
It’s one of my favourites from the drugstore and reminds me a lot of Mac studio fix.
It says it’s full coverage and I would agree with this, depending on how you apply it. I don’t find it cakey at all and it doesn’t crease where some other foundations do on me. I’m more of a sheer/medium coverage girl and this is one of the few full coverage foundations I have. I don’t find it heavy at all and it’s just so nice on the skin it doesn’t look like or feel like you’re wearing a full coverage foundation. I can still see some of my darker freckles through it, but I’ve yet to find a foundation that completely covers them up, and it’s not something that bothers me anyway. People who do like and consistently wear full coverage foundations may find this is more of a medium cover, it’s probably down to personal preference and opinion.

It’s long wearing, I can’t say wether it lives up to its 25hr claim because I’ve never worn it for that amount of time, but it has lasted me well through an 8 hour shift, and today I even went to the gym before work with it on and it still looked as good after my sweaty gym session as it had before, which is very rare, so no touch up required for work :)

All in all, a great foundation at a great price! I’m realising I really love rimmel foundations between this and the wake me up, so think I’ll need to give their others a try! The only thing that lets this foundation and rimmel in general down is the shade range. I wear the darkest shade in this foundation, 400 natural beige, I’m pretty tanned but I’m still white, so darker skinned ladies would not find a shade in this foundation :(

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff!!!! This may be the first foundation I repurchase in god knows how long. Its smooth and lasts the longest out of all of my foundations without becoming an oil slick. So cheap too! I lurve it :)