Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid

3.6

Updated off bottle 10/2018: aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, aluminum hydroxide, silica dimethyl silylate, methicone, sodium hylauronate, hexylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ci77891, titanium dioxide, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, iron oxides, ci 15985/yellow 6 lake.-------------------old ingredients:aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide.

on 9/11/2018 8:05:00 PM

This is a light foundation, but the coverage for me isn't decent. I use it jus to blend in with my concealer before powder. It is a disappointing buy as it offered no staying power even with a setting spray.
Would prefer a product with fuller coverage in future.

on 4/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I'm 57 and my skin in dry but with a slightly greasy t zone. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend and looks natural although it gives a very good coverage. It took well on my nose which for some reason has a tendency to repel foundation! I have yellow toned fair skin and got the Ivory and it's perfect. For anyone very fair and with more pink undertones though I could imagine it looking too dark/yellow,

My only criticism is how easily it transfers. I use a good primer and set it with loose powder but it does rub off on things very easily indeed. It lasts fairly well though the weather is cool here at the moment so can't comment on how it would last in the heat. I would by again but not for summer months perhaps.

I had no reaction and I do have sensitive skin. It isn't strongly scented which I like. It even looked ok under my eyes which are starting to get a few fine lines now. It didn't settle into creases or look cakey. And I didn't look like one of the undead which I often do with foundations that match my skin.

This is literally the only foundation I have found that covers my huge pores, red skin and dry patches. It never looks cakey and has a lovely dewy velvety finish and doesn't bring me out in spots or make me super oily. I have a really oily t-zone already and the wear isn't great, I do need to reapply again before I go out in the evening or even more if it's hot but I think a powder would help (I just can't find one that doesn't accentuate my pores and go patchy!) It has a good coverage whilst still looking natural and I've found the perfect way to apply, like many others have said is with a damp beauty blender (just buy a cheap knock off on Amazon)

The surface of my skin is quite damaged from teen acne and too much exfoliation and whenever the people at expensive makeup counters try foundations on me, they go all patchy on those areas, and I'm told it's not the foundation, it's my bad skin care, but dream satin liquid has no problem gliding over the problem areas. 10 Ivory is also one of the only foundations with pinky undertones, most brands only carry colours that are more yellow-y. Whilst I do wish the wear was better, I've found no better foundation even from the most high end brands!

on 10/14/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today as I ran out of my high end foundation. I was at the drugstore and after reading countless reviews on the L'oreal true match, I was planning to buy that to use as my new daily foundation. However, I tried testing the true match and I did not like the consistency (too runny for me), I also read that it doesn't have much coverage so I decided to not buy it.
I came across the Dream Satin skin foundation and it the packaging was very nice (it said full coverage+ will not clog pores), the price wasn't that bad so I decided to buy it.

My daily makeup routine includes
-Moisturize
-Benefit POREfessional
-Japanese bb cream
-go over my blemishes with foundation
-set with powder foundation
My family has been complaining that my makeup looks too cakey so I wanted to go with something more light and fluffy (but still gives full coverage to my skin), after testing at the drug store, the texture of this foundation not runny at all and very air-whipped (as it claimed to be), I decided to purchase it.

After trying it out, I really like it, although it is quite thick when pumped out, it blends really nicely once applied, it was a shock to me as all my other foundatons/concealers are runny therefore coverage is difficult. I pat this foundation into my blemishes (acne+scarring) and blend and swipe on the rest of my place (not problem areas), I finished it with a powder foundation (only on the spots) as the foundation it self has medium-full coverage (not enough to give a flawless look if used alone).

Overall, I really like it so far, the product does not look oily on my face, it looks really skin-like and feels light like I'm not wearing any makeup. The look is also not too cakey (don't apply too much, one pump is enough) and looks really natural and glowy. The packaging is also a plus as I love pumps (hygenic, easy to use, doesn't make a mess). So far, I recommend this product!

on 9/18/2015 11:35:00 PM

I got mine in shade B2 (soft honey). At first I thought it looked darker than my usually foundation but when I used it on my skin with a flat top kabuki brush, it blended so well. It's like a foundation and concealer in one! It provided me a medium to full coverage thus hiding my minor blemishes and flaws. My pores also looked drastically smaller and finer when I put this on. It's light on my skin and like any other Maybelline product, this did not cause be to break out. The pump dispenser helps me regulate the amount of product that I need. I usually just take 3/4 of a pump to cover my entire face. When I need more coverage, I do a full pump. I am not a fan of liquid foundation and most of them just sit on my counter for a couple of year until I throw them out. With this product, I actually think I could finish using the entire bottle by the end of the year. I would definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

A great everyday, affordable foundation. It leaves my skin looking extremely natural and airbrushed. However i feel as if you do have to layer it up enough to give it coverage and effect, but at the end my skin does look great (no blemishes, spots etc)

deffo worth a try we all have different skin types, works well for me...

on 6/7/2015 10:54:00 AM

So far this is the best foundation I have found for my skin. I am 57 but have good skin which is normal to dry. The Cameo shade is a perfect match for my skin tone giving medium coverage and any marks, dark spots left still showing I dab on concealer. At my age full coverage is just too much and this gives good coverage without settling in my lines and wrinkles. So why do I love this foundation over others I have tried? It makes me look younger of course and it blends in so easily with my fingertips leaving a natural dewy but not shiny finish. I don't wear foundation all the time but when I were this I always get compliments on how well I am looking NOT on my makeup!

on 11/1/2013 5:55:00 PM

Dream Satin Liquid....this name is not fitting, perhaps Nightmare Suspicious Liquid would be better suited? I expected a lot more from this 'pore less look' achieving foundation. I tried applying it using a foundation brush, my fingers, a sponge but nothing can make it look nice for more than ten minutes after application. Firstly, I put on my oil free moisturiser I did use a primer which I thought would help to make the makeup last longer and help to give even coverage. Instead it glided on....and off. It did not last long at all and wore off even faster when outdoors. As well as that it does not tone down any red blemishes and the makeup that remains cakes on any dry skin or spots and forms lines on my skin which I know I don't have as I'm only a teenager. I also found it clogged my pores. While at first it felt nice and smooth on it made my skin even more oily than it originally was after an hour, therefore it created blemishes. While it was not the most expensive makeup and I did buy it on sale I now know there is usually a very good reason why foundation is on sale. Caveat Emptor- Let the buyer be ware.

I love this foundation, simply because its the closest shade I've ever found!
Like most foundations it's finish relies on how you apply it, I've found the best ways to apply this foundation are:
Wet Make-up sponge (any kind that is soft, gives me a medium coverage and takes the most pumps usually 4 or 5)
Wet beauty blender (although it gives a sheer coverage, takes 2-3 pumps)
Stippling brush (Gives me fullest coverage using 2-3 pumps but can sometimes look cakey depending on how dry my skin is).
I usually don't use moisturizer before I put my foundation on, instead I use a non-greasy anti-wrinkle serum or a water based primer, this gives me the longest possible wear. I also always set my foundation with a translucent finishing powder using a powder puff then tapping off excess with a 'powder brush'.
I hope this has helped !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this foundation a lot for shows and I have to admit, it's not the best one I've had. I use the colour "Sand" as my skin is quite light. I probably wouldn't buy this foundation again.