A-Derma Gel Moussant Surgras

A-Derma Gel Moussant Surgras

4.3

Water (Aqua). Polysorbate-20. Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate. Avena Sativa. Coco-glucoside. Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol. Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Glycol Distearate. Glycerin. Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate. Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate. Citric Acid. Cocoamide Mea. Disodium Edta. Fragrance (parfum). Laureth-10. Methylparaben. Polyquaternium-7. Propylparaben. Sorbic acid.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am very surprised about the excellent reviews. My experience with this cleanser was not very good. It completely stripped my skin. After a few days of using it as my morning cleanser, my facial skin was dull, dry, blotchy and producing a lot of oil! This increase in oil production happens when my skin is dried out massively by a skincare product.

I then thought of using this as a shower gel... After a week or so, my body skin (which tends to be dry anyway) became really dry and itchy... No body moisturiser would help much...

Not knowing what to do with that huge ugly bottle, I decided to pour it into the handwash container and use it as handwash. After a few days my partner said 'we need new handwash, I don't like this one. It's drying my hands out too much!'. Please note this comes from a man who does not moisturise his face or his body. He only uses a little bit of E45 when his hands get really dry and for shower gel he pick ups whatever is on offer (read 1) .. He simply does not care about toiletries and thinks they're all the same. Yet, he said he didn't want to use this one because it was so drying. Says a lot!

Had to throw it away. The cleanser. :)

P.S- It says it's soap free yet it smells like soap! Uhm...

on 7/29/2012 4:27:00 AM

Overall I quite like this cleanser. It's a very basic foaming cleanser that can be used on your face and body. The formulation is mild, while it does have a fragrance it is nothing over powering or strong. Some individuals might not like the way it smells, but I got used to it. It's definitely not fruity, it's hard to describe.
I use this at night to wash my eyes after I've removed my waterproof makeup with a makeup remover. I use a separate cleanser for my entire face at night and use this to cleanse my whole face in the morning when I don't need any heavy duty cleaning. It does a good job at cleansing and my skin never feels "stripped" of moisture. At $23 CAD for 500ml, this will last me a very long time considering I will only use it on my face.
This is a great buy and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/19/2011 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic cleanser for face and body! Leaves my skin so soft and calm on my body. For my face it takes off all my makeup with ease (unlike most gentle cleansers such as Avene, Cerave, LRP etc) and most importantly for me it doesnt irritate my skin at all! However, it can leave it a tiny bit dry (but this is English winter here at the moment) but nothing a light moisturiser cant fix! Highly recommended!!

on 12/11/2011 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

No irritation, no greasy, this is actually the best cleanser i've ever used. very mild with my oily and acne prone skin. worth trying everybody :D

on 9/26/2011 4:18:00 PM

Having finished a bottle I thought It'd be time now for a review of this cleanser. I really like it, my skin isn't sensitive but I think every teenager should use gentle skincare products instead of horrible astringents and stripping face washes :(

It lathers nicely, it has a light yellow-whitish colour, and it leaves my skin nice and soft. I've recently reviewed another A-derma cleanser (cleansing oil) which was such a disappointment but this one is the opposite. I prefer it in the mornings when I take a shower and I find it's gentle on other parts of the body too. I give it a 4 because it didn't overly impress me but it's definitely worth a go.

on 12/21/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing stuff, it's so gentle, but is still a very effective cleanser, for both face and body. Highly recommend, especially if you have sensitive skin.

AMAZEBALLS! Absolutely beautiful cleanser that can be used on both body and face. Leaves skin soft and never dries me out. Doesnkt clog pores and smells lovely (not overpowering)! Bought 3 of these big bottles cause I'm afraid London Drugs would stop carrying it as it doesn't seem very popular.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely one of the best cleanser i have tried.Make my skin very soft, never dry me out, no clog pores and wash all make up really good .B/c I am on Retin-A my skin be come very flaky and sensitive this cleanser is really great for me.