MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like it to even out my eyelids. My eyelids are the colour of MAC saddle overall, but pink and brown in other areas, I mean overall they are quite dark but uneven, compared to the rest of my skin.

Even if I conceal (not too much) they have an uneven tinge which you wouldn’t think mattered much except that when I apply this as a base shadow lightly it totally evens it out and looks natural. This as a smooth wash (not a crease colour as my skin is darker than this) totally makes my eyes look better (bigger too somehow) without looking made-up.

If I use Blanc Type, Retrospeck, Ricepaper, etc as a sole wash prior to other colours or on their own, they don’t work for a real natural effect. Look either ashy or muddied.

This is colour correcting and the slight green-grey in it brings out my eye colour and makes my eyes look healthy, strangely enough. My green colour corrector doesn’t work for this purpose as well as this, because they blended it so perfectly.

It goes well with Charcoal brown, twinks, brun or embark as a natural looking contour/soften eyeliner for days I want to use subtle makeup.
Has never irritated my v. Sensitive eyes/skin

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Such an elegant and versatile eyeshadow! I use it almost every day on its own (after some building you get some beautiful, natural depth), or under Coquette, Espresso, or even Print in the evenings. It is also perfect for my practically black eyebrows - it gives them some definition without making them look harsh at all. Perfect! I will surely repurchase!

I use this on the lid, with charcoal brown in the outer third, brun on the lash line/outer V and blend out with wedge fading into brûlée. Perfect, polished but natural look.

Great color if you want a quick way to really make your eyes look wide and awake. I wear Omega all over my lid and in my crease, with a light stroke of it under my eyes. And then lots of black mascara (Maybelline Stiletto). I didn't have to fuss with it and add more color, blend, add more, remove, etc. Just a quick swipe did the trick and transformed my eyes. I have tried this as a brow color as well but I prefer pencil because I like a more defined brow. I find that Omega works well over other colors as well to make them look softer and to open up the eyes. Basically this is an eye opening color, and I love finding those, because I'm a mom with two little ones, never get enough sleep, and I can use all the help I can get to look more alert than I really am :)

Omega is my favorite MAC shadow color--it is the most versitile. I can use it to contour my cheekbones, shadow my eyes, and shape my brows. Amazing color, not too warm, but not too ashy. Highly recommend for anyone with a beige-tan skin tone.

I love using Omega as a crease/blending color when I wear olive toned greens. Normally I would use wedge as my 'everyday' crease color, but when worn with olivey greens it looks a bit muddy. My new favorite green smokey eye is LORAC olive on lid, Omega to blend out crease & Coquette to deepen crease & outer V. Looks amazing! Try it!

looks amazing to fill in eye brows for those with light ashy brows. i love this color.

I love this eye/shadow color... it's very smooth and it's the perfect all over lid color for my skintone ( NC37)with urban decay's darkhorse in the crease = perfection with my green eyes ! I would repurchase this again once i run out of it.

This is a great color to soften edges with and or to contour the brow bone and crease. A must have in my MAC collection.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this color, it's my do all color and the one I always reach for. I was given this at my MAC counter to fill in my brows with. Even though I'm a brunette, I don't like filling in my eyebrows with color aimed towards brunettes because my eyebrows are a bit on the lighter side naturally. I want to fill them in and look natural, without looking overdone. Omega is my perfect color for that.
I also find myself reaching for this color everyday on the middle to outer 1/3 of my lid. I usually wear Brule all over the lid, Omega on middle to outer portion of lid and Bobbi Brown Blonde eyeshadow in my crease and a little to define the outer V, topping it off with Bobbi Brown black ink gel liner.
It's also a nice color to blend out with so it's not such a sharp line between my lid and browbone. Would definitely repurchase again!