MAC Abstract

MAC Abstract

4.7

on 12/9/2008 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Abstract is pretty and understated light pinkish mauve that instantly makes my hands look polished (no pun intended). The finish is described as a frost but it is more of a subtle sheen rather than the tacky chunky shimmer from the 1980ís. Even with a base and top coat, this polish lasts 2-3 days before chipping occurs but as a frequent hand washer not even OPI or Essie polishes last on me. The color is not terribly unique and the quality is average but I have never come across a nail polish I love as much.

on 12/5/2005 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic colour. It's definately one of my favourites - I can't stop looking at my fingers when I wear it. Staying power is average; I'm a frequent hand-washer and this polish will chip after about a full day of wear (without a base coat.) The bottle is pretty and I actually like its large lid. It gives me more control during application. So, so pretty. Will purchase again!

on 9/9/2004 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

MAC put a lot of thought into the invention of this little gem. This is my very first MAC nail polish purchase and I am going back for more! The color on my nails looks exactly like the color in the bottle. It's a taupey mauve color, just a great neutral and perfect for Fall. It leaves a high frost finish as well. This is one of the faster drying nail polishes I've ever tried and I'm a big fan of OPI. In fact, I'm typing up this review about 2 minutes after applying 2 coats.
The brush is simply amazing. It literally does all the work for you. I don't know how it does it but it deposits just the right amount of polish onto each nail. The bristles are stiffer so they don't "fan out" as much as some of the brushes. Makes for a very easy fool proof application. My only rant is that it does tend to leave small streaks, but from far away you can't see them. The design of the bottle is perfect! The cap is "rubberized" so you get a good grip on it and it doesn't end up flying across the room or dropping on the carpet.

UPDATE 9/13/04: After working and typing on keyboards all day long this polish still hasn't chipped and looks amazing! Still shiny and all. :) continued >>

Popular Polishes