Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener alcohol-free

Shiseido  Pureness Balancing Softener alcohol-free
Pureness Balancing Softener alcohol-free

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Eysenhardtia Polystachya (Palo Azul) Wood Extract, Xylitol, PPG-13 Decyltetradeceth-24, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Dimorpholinopyridazinone, Magnesium Chloride, Peony Root Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Rosemary Extract, Calcium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Green No. 3.

on 12/8/2017 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome! simply awesome! This is one of the best toner I had used so far. It really hydrate my combination skin very well. My skin feels so supple and soft. Pimples starts to diminish after using it! I'm definitely going to purchase it again!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! It doesn't dry out - leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.

on 7/27/2016 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is new to me. After using the pureness cleanser for a few months. I splurged on this too! (This is really expensive in Norway, so I buy one item at a time..) Do not know if this makes a true difference yet, but it feels good and soothing to the skin. The way I use this is: one pump in my hand and rub it all over my face. This way I save the environment (not a fan of cottonpads).

Update 10/23/2016: Love love love this still, and use this everyday. Have only used 1/3 of it though, so this goes a long way!! :)

on 5/11/2016 8:56:00 PM

Found this for $14.99 @ Marshalls. I wasn't able to check if the product was expiring since Marshalls fully seals their higher end skincare products, so I took a risk. I haven't encountered this issue before, so I think generally it's safe to purchase skincare from Marshall's. Unfortunately, even after I opened it, I couldn't check for any expire dates on this product since something else I had in my car spilled on my box so the paper insert was completely soaked/damaged.

This product has a very watery texture & a light fragrance. It’s marketed as alcohol-free, which is a plus in my books. The pump makes it clean & easy to dispense into my hands. One full pump is quite a lot if you are pumping directly onto clean hands and patting it directly onto your face. I usually apply waters/essences using this method, but with the Shiseido one, I found that it works out better if I soak a cotton pad & wipe on my face. I definitely feel more hydrated using this method. When I patted the product directly on my face, the product didn’t absorb quickly and didn’t feel hydrating. It just felt like I was splashing water on my face.

I can’t tell if there’s any changes in my skin after using this, but that’s always hard to judge when you use 5+ products per day. It helps a little with hydration and has a clean feel to it. I would probably re-purchase this if it was at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, and I just needed something to hold me over temporarily until I decide on a new first care essence or water. I wouldn’t purchase it at full price though ($24.50).

on 8/13/2017 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've used this product for three years now, that's how much I like it. I like that it doesn't contain alcohol, it truly softens. When my skin feels itchy or dry this toner will help solve it. Tip from the saleswoman I bought it from: spray it on your hand rather than on a pad. The bottle will last twice as long.

on 5/30/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price, it's only a decent toner. The pump on this toner/softener is alright but you have to be careful with it at times (I don't even know any other toner that has a pump). The light scent on this is super refreshing, it's like a light floral or breeze which I really like. Although this hasn't really improved my skin, I do feel like my skin drinks it right up and is prepared for the remaining steps of my skincare regimen. I have used toners that sit on the skin for a while before it soaks in so it's nice that this Shiseido one absorbs right in. The biggest selling point to me about this toner was the fact that it's alcohol free because of my dry skin.

on 3/15/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I use to be an avid user of toner but for some reason when I got to this product, I decided maybe that I could exclude the step completely. I expect that no matter how much makeup remover you use that the toner will still be able to pick up some residue. The cotton pads would be clean after swiping my face. Nothing spectacular about the product, especially still it turned me off from toners. I did not notice any changes to my skin with or without the product. On the hunt for another toner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

LOVE. Best toner ever. Used this with other pureness products and it totally cleared up my bad adult acne. Really does help soften and control oil!

on 3/16/2015 5:38:00 AM

I bought this taking into account the good reputation of this product on makeupalley.com. However, I found this did not work on my skin. It lasted me only 2 months, it was expensive, and I had new blemishes while using it, and it did not help to remove the old ones. The only thing I liked was the packaging; great minimalist japanese design. All in all, I went back to use my Clinique anti-blemish toner, which I don't like the most because it has alcohol which burns the skin, but at least it seems to work a bit better. However, I'm still on the search of a good toner for combination skin to prevent blemishes... or I'll convince myself that this skin care item is worthless... and will go from cleansing directly to serum to moisturizer and sunscreen... and not applying any toners anymore...

on 3/28/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product! However, I'm not sure if I'm using TOO MUCH on my cotton balls because I've only had this for a month and it's halfway gone. I tone my skin twice a day (it's necessary).

Aside from my one complaint, I think this is an excellent product. It has a nice, neutral smell and really helps my skin feel less oily and more firm. This is important because I have large pores and I need to keep them closed.

I don't like the price. I'm still trying to find a cheaper, yet effective toner that keeps my skin looking healthy. I tried Neutrogena for awhile, but it was too harsh and I didn't like the smell.