Ellis Faas Concealer

Ellis Faas Concealer
ConcealerConcealerConcealerConcealer

4.3

AQUA, DIMETHICONE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC STEARATE, GLYCERIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, CAPRYLYL DIMETHICONE ETHOXYGLUCOSIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, METHYLPARABEN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PROPYLPARABEN, SORBITOL, MICA, TRIISOSTEARIN, HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SQUALANE, LAURETH-4, ORYZA SATIVA CERA, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, ASCOBYL PALMITATE, PHYSTOSTERYL ISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, FRUCTOSE, GLUCOSE, SUCROSE, UREA, DEXTRIN, ALANINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, ASPARTIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN [ /-] CI77891, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77007, CI77288, CI77289.

on 9/8/2016 7:25:00 AM

I have been on the hunt for a decent under-eye concealer. What I am looking for is medium to full coverage, light-weight, decent lasting power and looks as much like skin as possible.

I liked this concealer when I first apply it - decent coverage so that it covers my dark circles, it is very easy to blend and it definitely looks like skin (I loathe the heavy base makeup look). However, after 2 - 3 hours it starts to crease and highlight every fine line I have -- and I always set my concealer with translucent powder.

I also really dislike the Ellis Faas packaging. Yes, it looks nice but it is always painful to get the product out. You'd be clicking and clicking and nothing comes out and the next minute you have enough concealer for 5 people.

This is a concealer which did not work for the under eye area but I will use it for highlighting purposes. I will not repurchase.

on 5/16/2016 11:56:00 PM

By far the best most well blended natural concealer that I've ever tried. It is perfect for my "panda eyes" and for many years I've only used this concealer (in shade s202) for under my eyes, T zone and sides of my nose, without a foundation and set it with a finishing powder. It brighten my skin immediately. It stays on the whole day. Also, every time my friend sees my beauty pouch they were always fascinated with the packaging and wondering what it was, the packaging is very elegant with a brush tip :) Cons: it can be quite oily after sometime when I used it on my T zone (other parts are fine) but to keep in mind, I live in a very humid tropical climate which is very different to where Ellis Faas' main customers are (Europe and Australia). One other thing, I feel that some of them tends to run out very quickly (but some doesn't) so depending on my luck on which pen tube I gotten! I have re-purchased this product since 2012 and have used about 20-30 pens or perhaps more. I really recommend for anyone to use this concealer, European and Asian. I usually purchased them through their online website and they do free delivery overseas after a certain amount.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Originally bought the concealer in 203 in order to match the foundation in 203 (the foundation is and was my perfect winter match, Holy Grail).

BUT the color of the concealer 203 is noticeably more peach than the foundation 203 (probably because of the pigment concentration), and does not quite go with my light olive skin in certain areas. BTW I am not the only one to notice this color discrepancy between the concealer and foundation in the 203 shade, have seen other comments to this effect, so just a heads up about this unexpected difference.

For me, the 203 concealer is terrific for covering up brown spots and dark moles. But due the color discrepancy, I cannot use it for my undereye (where there are no brown discolorations, just dark circles) because it is too peachy. So I bought the 202, which is in the yellower family (see mini-review below).

LASTS: all day and into the evening, just doesn't budge.

BRUSH: lovely brush and soft, does medium sized areas like undereyes and corner of nose very nicely. Am saving the brush for re-use when the concealer runs out.

FINAL VERDICT: very good lasting and excellent concealing properties, very natural-looking and mat (but not flat or dead-looking), just one-half lippie off for color mismatch.

EDIT: the 202 concealer color is much better, less peachy, for my undereyes.
Note however that it will cake in undereye creases UNLESS my 60+ year old undereyes are extremely well moisturized and then the concealer is applied very soon afterwards. You could also mix the Foundation and concealer to get a dewier look. It looks fine if you take these precautions; younger ladies may not need to.

The Ellis Faas products are tested on super-models, ie those with already normal and possibly perfect skin. However, there is hope for us lesser mortals!!!

The foundation by itself (which is dewy) will work WELL on skins ranging from dry to normal to SLIGHTLY OILY. Very oily skins should look for another foundation.

However, the concealer (which is mat but not flat) will work well on skins ranging from SLIGHTLY DRY to normal to oily. Very dry skins should look for another concealer.

As mentioned above, you can mix the two, no problem!

You can extend the range of skins which work with Ellis Faas products by using mattifiers or moisturizers, as appropriate, and by understanding this key difference. Hope this is helpful!

For my money, the concealer, foundation and blush are head and shoulders above anything else on the market in terms of looking absolutely natural (like you were born that way), long-lasting to boot (holds all day), and not sensitizing, oxidizing or acnegenic on my tempermental skin! Well worth the money, HOLY GRAIL!

on 8/1/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall, it is a good concealer, tho not perfect. The screw-tip pen packaging makes it hygienic (+), but to get the product out it needs to be shaken, then turned (clicked) several times, then be left upside down for several minutes for the product do make its way to the tip - and still hope this got you enouph product but not too much (3-5 clicks is usually alright). Messy! - unlike their EF Skin foundation clickety-tip pen which gives out just the right amount. The coverage is medium and customisable, but I find also (as another reviewer here) that it does not like layering/building up at all. Good wear time without creasing on the undereye area - solid 6 hours. But my so far HGish staple concealer pen by La Prairie stays on better and muuuch more natural looking for several hours longer, so, although the initial 6 hours they both go on a par, in the "long run test" the EF is definitely not the winner here (wore them both simultaneously for several days to compare). As for them blemishes - it gives rather good coverage, a semimatte skin-like finish and holds well, however not on the oily T-zone. Powdering on top is not only unnecessary but actually seems to destroy the skin-like sheen and smoothness. Doesn't oxidise, at least not to another strange color. Will stick to and accentuate dry flakes and will make the dry flakes on the post-pimple tender skin ( after several hours wear). Doesn't seem to break me out, however definitely does not have the soothing effect some other rare species have (it doesn't claim to, still worth mentioning). May be someone else can make sth better out of it. Will not repurchase.

on 7/31/2014 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

For reference, im NC50 in MAC. I was looking for a lightweight concealer with staying powder for my under eye area. Ive tried and use several like NARS radiant creamy concealer, It cosmetic, MAC, Bobbi Brown corrector and i like the Ellis Faas and NARS best. I use the NARS more only because its a little less expensive while the EF is used for special occasions. The main reason i love the EF is that it doesnt give flashback in pictures. It stays on all day and doesnt cake like some under eye concealers do!!

on 3/9/2014 5:10:00 AM

This is a great concealer but its high maintenance. It took me ages to work out the best way to use this so but once you have got it, it does not budge. I would say its med coverage and does not layer well. You have one go to get it right and the minute you start adjusting it, it will go cakey. To get the optimum results use on non-primed skin so as to make it adhere well. Use a generous amount to spread and finish, you have to work quickly. Once it sets, do not put anything on top since it will look cakey and over done. Best used before foundation just make sure not to disturb it too much once it goes on. I never use the brush and apply directly to a concealer brush. It does need sanitising often to keep it hygenic. If there is one thing that could go a long way to improve this product, it would be the delivery system, no brush, no fuzzy applicator, it should be a narrow squeeze nozzle, something where the product can't dry in when not in use.

on 9/20/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

S202 is a great color for my summer skin (around NC 25). Almost medium coverage, which is suitable for my under eyes and slight blemishes. Doesn't sink into fine lines and fairly long wearing. Luminous and comparable to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which is my winter concealer. Brush needs work though; overtime it splays. One star taken off for the brush and high price.

on 7/24/2013 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is very natural looking. Great for everyday wear. It's super light, moisturising and blendable. Definitely not one of those cakey concealers. I bought this after I found out that the nars creamy concealer wasn't in stock and the sales assistant was just raving about this product. It gives a nice brightness under the eye. Not great for pimples or blemishes because I find that it doesn't give enough coverage so I have to reapply the concealer to these problem areas. The packaging is gorgeous, but the bristles of the brush get mangled inside the tube if your not careful. I would buy again. But the two downsides of this product are the price, and how the brush gets messed up inside the tube.

on 5/10/2013 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried 20+ different undereye concealers, and still, I can't resist a good hype, so I simply had to try this one when I discovered that Ellis Faas makeup was available from Beautybay. Well, it has received very good rating, but I am not totally satisfied. I fair an neutral (leaning cool, around N13 (lighter than MAC NW15), and bought the lightest colour, which supposedly is neutral in tone. However, I found it slightly too yellow, while I prefer my undereye concealers to be slightly pinky, because of its brightening properties. The texture is really light and pigmented, comparable to Guerlain Precious Light concealer, which is my HG concealer for the undereye area. But in contrast to Precious Light, this one doesn't dry down/set on me, and even with powder, I find that it creases quite badly within few minutes. I will probably use it now and then, and be annoyed that I bought it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the lightest shade on Sephora's website, 201, and it ended up being too light for my nc15 skin (under eye area). I loved the formula, so I made the color work by mixing it with a darker concealer (armani corrector). The two main issues I have with this product is that 1.) TERRIBLE packaging. The clicker pen is so inconsistent in terms of how much product comes out, I would get so frustrated and just dread using the product. 2) there is very little product in the packaging for the price. I'm trying By Terry next.