LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask
Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask

3.7

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

on 12/9/2016 9:11:00 PM

Brought this after a cheap non Lush cleanser sucked all the moisture out of my skin and totally destroyed it. I mean my skin was cracking off and very sore and angry, not even joking. The only thing that fixed it is this mask, yes I had to use to daily for a week and then weekly for a fortnight but it is a total godsend for my skin.
Thanks Lush for saving my skin and the ladies at New York Lush for recommending this!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't see cinnamon listed in the ingredients, but it smells like cinnamon and it definitely burns my face like cinnamon. I really regret using this. It was only on my face for a couple minutes, but my cheeks and forehead are so red that they look sunburned (six hours later) and my skin feels dry and stings. I also now have a couple bumps like ingrown hairs above my upper lip. My skin feels hot and stings, just like a sunburn. My man even commented on my face being red.
Really should have patch tested this one or trusted myself when it smelled like cinnamon...

Edit: A week later, and my skin is finally starting to get over the breakout and skin peeling that this mask caused. Got huge breakouts along my forehead, cheeks and chin (so basically 'everywhere'). I hate this mask so much.

on 9/25/2016 10:23:00 AM

Oatifix is a gorgeous mask for those with dry skin. It is quite a thick and hard consistency in the tub, but the oils witting the mask melt with the heat of your fingers, so once you manage to scoop out a small amount, it will melt easily once you start massaging it into your face. This mask has a lot of hydrating oils in it, so don't expect to apply a thick, opaque layer like you would with another mask like Catastrophe Cosmetic. Oatifix has a very unique formula. The oils in the mask hydrate and the oatmeal pieces provide a gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin soft and bright. The scent is also divine - it is a very sweet banana pudding scent . If you don't like the scent of banana then you probably will not enjoy this product as the scent is very strong. A little goes a long way with this mask, and it is safe to use multiple times a week. I would highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin.

on 5/15/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is perfect as a "treat yourself " mask , I do feel a difference after taking it off , my face feels super soft and hydrated . And the smell is amazing . The reason I give it a 3/5 is it didn't give me long term results and it hard to apply .

This mask smells great-like oatmeal cookies. It however really did nothing for my skin. I have combination and sensitive skin. It was an ok mask I just didn't see any change in my skin after using it-I did use it about 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks till it expired.

on 2/2/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I walked into lush asking for a soothing, but also moisturizing mask to use during the winter instead of my HG Catastrophe cosmetic mask, and was recommended this one. I had somewhat of an idea of which ingredients this mask contained, and I have to admit I had dubbed it as "a bit boring" and not given it more than a glance. But my god, the smell of this! It's along the same lines as the Let the good times roll scrub, only with more vanilla notes and even better, if that's possible. As a mask it does what I wanted it to, in that it's gentle and soothing, and adds some moisture. I don't think it does as big of a difference on my skin as Catastrophe cosmetics does, but it does enough for me to be pleased with it as an alternative to it. It does leave a little bit of an oily film on your skin unless you rinse well, which might bother some. As for me, that's not something bad. I use my masks in the evening anyway, and I don't mind if there's a little bit of oil left to sit on my skin overnight. I also love how gently it exfoliates if you use it as a scrub before rinsing it off. It's probably the most gentle a mechanic scrub can be and still have some exfoliating effect.

The only things that I'm not thrilled about is that it's slightly hard to spread evenly over the skin due to the grainy texture. It feels different on your skin than the regular old "paste" mask that you can slather on in thick layers. For it to be a perfect 5/5 I'd want it to make more of a difference on my skin. But I'll still give it 4/5 for indulgence, gentleness and the moisture kick.

on 11/5/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is a real treat for your face! After using this my face feels nice and soft and clean, though I do need to rinse thoroughly or else it leaves a film. Also, it smells like something I'd want to eat for breakfast! However, it doesn't do much to the overall appearance and health of the skin: it doesn't help much with breakouts or dry patches, it just feels good on your face. Plus, there's not enough product in the pot and it's shelf life is too short for it to have time to really do anything. I got this for free after returning 5 black pots to Lush and I probably wouldn't purchase it again as it didn't really do much other than smell and feel nice. I'd say this stuff is best if you're looking for a good way to relax at home.

on 10/25/2015 7:22:00 AM

ive tried quite a few of the lush face masks and enjoyed most of them but I was after a mask that didn't leave my skin with that tight squeaky feeling and the lady recommended this! I love the smell although I was sceptical about the texture, after trying it the first time I fell in love. I now apply this mask over a sink so that I can really rub it onto my skin without it going all over me, leave it for 15 mins and rinse off. My skin is left feeling so soft and silky, I have found that this mask almost leaves a film on your face but as I use this at night I don't mind because it sinks in as I sleep and I wake up with soft, moisturised skin! My skin is normal/combination, I mostly use this mask when my skin is feeling a bit dry and rubbish.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this mask. When I think of oats, I think wholesome and healthy. My skin is very dry, likely because I am totally undisciplined in drinking water. I do my best to take care of my skin with quality products, especially because I began using prescription acne medicine at a young age (it made my skin fine).

When I used this mask the thick texture was hard to spread across the skin. I kept having to splash my face to get the porridge mush to flow like a substance. It took a long time to get it to sit like a liquid mask should. When I washed it off, my skin did not feel hydrated or smooth. If anything it was a relief to take it off. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, I decided to try again a few days later. The second time around I exfoliated before hand to "prep" my skin. The results were the same. Only this time I did not try to dilute the mask with water, instead I slapped it on my skin and let it sit. 2 minutes in my face was itching. I will not re-purchase this

on 9/21/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think I'm in love! What a great face mask! The smell is amazing, like cookies almost! After I smelt it, I checked the ingredients to see if I could bake it! Seriously... This is marketed as a hydrating mask, and that is exactly what it does! My skin is normal, but my acne is dry and flakes. Ew, I know, try covering that up with makeup! So when I used this, I was a little worried since only a portion of my face is actually "dry". But after using it, my acne almost cleared and my whole face looked new. It was quite remarkable really. Initially, when I bought this I was told I would get 3 -4 uses. But I ended up using it 6 - 7 times, I was getting worried that it was going to expire! (I don't put this mask on my neck though) For one can it is about $7 Canadian, witch is a little pricey. But when you start comparing it to other face masks at the drug store, money wise, there almost identical. With that being said, I wouldn't consider this "expensive," think of all of the healthy ingredients you are feeding your skin! The packaging is an open container, which I usually don't like, but for this I actually think that this is the best choice for this particular product (just use a spoon when getting it out!). Another thing is, save your containers, once you collect 5 of them, they give you a free mask! Love this mask, and think anyone who likes this one will also love the BB seaweed mask! Highly recommend!