LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

LUSH Oatifix Fresh Mask

3.7

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Water (Aqua), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It feels like you're spreading the most delicious cookie butter on your face and I adore that. Brings my dry and dull skin back to feeling moisturized and smooth. I usually take my time to rinse it off slowly, adding small amounts of water at time, so that it also gives a bit of a scrubbing effect. Also lasts a surprisingly long time, I think I got 10-15 uses out of this, which makes the price feel quite reasonable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Personally for me, lush fresh face mask as a whole are fun to use but have not showed any actual improvement in my skin. This mask is moisturing and smells heavenly but the benefits are short term and I don't feel like this has really done anything at all since I've used it for the past two weeks. Don't plan on washing my money down the drain again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't see cinnamon listed in the ingredients, but it smells like cinnamon and it definitely burns my face like cinnamon. I really regret using this. It was only on my face for a couple minutes, but my cheeks and forehead are so red that they look sunburned (six hours later) and my skin feels dry and stings. I also now have a couple bumps like ingrown hairs above my upper lip. My skin feels hot and stings, just like a sunburn. My man even commented on my face being red.
Really should have patch tested this one or trusted myself when it smelled like cinnamon...

Edit: A week later, and my skin is finally starting to get over the breakout and skin peeling that this mask caused. Got huge breakouts along my forehead, cheeks and chin (so basically 'everywhere'). I hate this mask so much.

Afraid to put anything on my skin, but this I love! Helps to balance out my troubled complexion. Doesn't break me out.

on 12/9/2016 9:11:00 PM

Brought this after a cheap non Lush cleanser sucked all the moisture out of my skin and totally destroyed it. I mean my skin was cracking off and very sore and angry, not even joking. The only thing that fixed it is this mask, yes I had to use to daily for a week and then weekly for a fortnight but it is a total godsend for my skin.
Thanks Lush for saving my skin and the ladies at New York Lush for recommending this!

on 3/14/2017 3:45:00 PM

I tried this as sort of a last resort for my extremely confused skin. I just had a terrible breakout on my chin and cheeks, but was super dry in my forehead and eye area. The oils were appealing to me, and the other ingredients sounded promising with calming my breakout down. I used it a couple of times in 3 days, and my skin is now a lot more balanced, spots are calming down, and the overall appearance of my skin is much calmer. I love the scent, makes me think of breakfast, consistency is okay, considering the grittiness of the oat, removing it fairly easy. I would recommend this to anyone with combo skin, looking forward to see if there will be any long term results.

on 9/25/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oatifix is a gorgeous mask for those with dry skin. It is quite a thick and hard consistency in the tub, but the oils witting the mask melt with the heat of your fingers, so once you manage to scoop out a small amount, it will melt easily once you start massaging it into your face. This mask has a lot of hydrating oils in it, so don't expect to apply a thick, opaque layer like you would with another mask like Catastrophe Cosmetic. Oatifix has a very unique formula. The oils in the mask hydrate and the oatmeal pieces provide a gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin soft and bright. The scent is also divine - it is a very sweet banana pudding scent . If you don't like the scent of banana then you probably will not enjoy this product as the scent is very strong. A little goes a long way with this mask, and it is safe to use multiple times a week. I would highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin.

on 2/2/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I walked into lush asking for a soothing, but also moisturizing mask to use during the winter instead of my HG Catastrophe cosmetic mask, and was recommended this one. I had somewhat of an idea of which ingredients this mask contained, and I have to admit I had dubbed it as "a bit boring" and not given it more than a glance. But my god, the smell of this! It's along the same lines as the Let the good times roll scrub, only with more vanilla notes and even better, if that's possible. As a mask it does what I wanted it to, in that it's gentle and soothing, and adds some moisture. I don't think it does as big of a difference on my skin as Catastrophe cosmetics does, but it does enough for me to be pleased with it as an alternative to it. It does leave a little bit of an oily film on your skin unless you rinse well, which might bother some. As for me, that's not something bad. I use my masks in the evening anyway, and I don't mind if there's a little bit of oil left to sit on my skin overnight. I also love how gently it exfoliates if you use it as a scrub before rinsing it off. It's probably the most gentle a mechanic scrub can be and still have some exfoliating effect.

The only things that I'm not thrilled about is that it's slightly hard to spread evenly over the skin due to the grainy texture. It feels different on your skin than the regular old "paste" mask that you can slather on in thick layers. For it to be a perfect 5/5 I'd want it to make more of a difference on my skin. But I'll still give it 4/5 for indulgence, gentleness and the moisture kick.

This mask smells great-like oatmeal cookies. It however really did nothing for my skin. I have combination and sensitive skin. It was an ok mask I just didn't see any change in my skin after using it-I did use it about 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks till it expired.

on 5/15/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is perfect as a "treat yourself " mask , I do feel a difference after taking it off , my face feels super soft and hydrated . And the smell is amazing . The reason I give it a 3/5 is it didn't give me long term results and it hard to apply .