St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
Green Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea ScrubGreen Tea Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this scrub. I use products on a daily basis that cause my skin to peel - retin-a and aha peels, so I need to exfoliate off the dead skin or I'd never have a smooth canvas to work with when I put on my makeup. I use this stuff 2 times a day, once in the morning and usually at night as well. I love that the little tiny micro scrubbies are small and fine and a smooth texture (unlike St. Ives apricot scrub - yuck that stuff scratches your skin so badly). Makes my skin smooth and sloughs off the dead skin. Great price too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful little drug store scrub, effective against breakouts.

BUT use with caution! I took two lippies off because somehow the silica is determined to get into your eyes.
I had a couple nasty experiences getting a granule from this scrub in my eye that I could NOT get out. I'ver used many scrubs with silica before and after this one, with no issue getting anything stuck in my eyes.

Even though I wasn't scrubbing near my eyes, the silica in the St Ives scrub got in there, adhered to the surface of my eye and wouldn't budge.
The first time it happened, my eye watered up so badly I couldn't see, and every time I moved my eye it felt like there was a piece of sand under my eyelid (which, technically, there was).
I ended up needing to go to my eye doctor's office, and she was able to swab the silica off after numbing my eye. It actually left me with a corneal abrasion.

I actually used the scrub after that, thinking I just had to be extra careful. But after a while, it happened again. It required a trip to the eye doctor again (which was just embarrassing).
Something about this silica is just too easy to get in your eye, no matter how careful you are, and impossible to get out without an optometrist on hand.
It's too bad, because it really is an effective scrub.
From now on, I use this as a or a chin, neck & chest scrub only, or as a spot treatment for the salicylic acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this! It has so many fine grains to really do a great job exfoliating your skin. I love how it has Salicylic acid to deep clean and treat ur acne. After washing my face with this my skin is literally so smooth and vibrant that it glows! I think this is good for all skin types and I like how it could be used more than once a week because the grains are so fine. I think u could use it maybe up to 3-4 times a week. I really like this and it's so cheap too. I think it's better than st Ives apricot scrub. The only downside is that u have to really work it into ur skin to get it to actually exfoliate. If the grains were slightly larger it would be an even better exfoliator.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great overall scrub! Feels and smells really fresh, the price is excellent and it leaves my skin very clean. I use this in the shower, on my face and back, simply because the beads tend to stick around in the eyebrows/other areas when using just a cloth and some water. It exfoliates well and isn't too harsh on my skin, and while I dont really get spots on my back, it does look a lot clearer and nicer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have finicky skin, so far it hasn't like shiseido, lancome, clinique or estee lauder yet for some strange reason it LOVES this stuff!!! My skin is looking the best it has in years, no clogged pores, its soft and smooth. I use this in the morning and at night and I'm telling you my skin has never looked better. The pores on my nose are starting to get more refined and the texture is softening. When I run out I will most definitely repurchase!! This could be my holy grail facial cleanser

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been nursing a trial sized tube or this for the past 6 months...only using if when its obvious I need it. It's safe to say that now I'm ready to get the full size. The scrubbies in this are not abrasive for me at all and the texture of the green stuff around it is almost creamy. I'm often sensitive to products with SA, but this has not bothered me. At most I use it once a week or once every other week, but when I do my complextion appears brighter. The trick is not to overdo the acne/blemish items. The skin needs balance to heal.

on 7/22/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

An MUAer recommended this to me on the mu board and I bought it right away. My skin is oily and acne prone. Majority of scrubs are too harsh for me. This has a lower percentage of salicylic acid in it but it does a better job in cleansing my skin acne. The most important feature about this product is that it does not leave my skin red and irritated. It cleans down to the pores. As a result of three days of usage, the acne on my cheeks disappeared. I use my Olay cleansing brush to use this product but the product is as effective when I use my finger tips. Use a wash cloth to get the debris off when you are finished with the scrubbing. Thanks to this product, you will see a huge difference in your skin tone.

on 6/21/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am so glad that I didn't give up on trying new cleansers and stumbled upon this. I have been breaking out for months all along my jawline and cheeks and nothing has helped until now. This, and their green tea cleanser are clearing my skin and fast. It has been about a week now and I see significant improvement, there are only a few pimples left and some dark spots from where I've popped some (I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it) and those are fading rapidly as well. I was expecting this to be the same texture as the apricot scrub, which as everyone knows is incredibly harsh, but they are nothing alike. The only thing I can think to compare it to is the proactiv cleanser, but a bit grittier. It almost feels like rubbing sand on your face, but gentler? Either way, I definitely recommend this and I will be buying it again. Best scrub I've tried in a long time, and for a good price too :)