OPI Funky Dunkey

OPI Funky Dunkey
Funky Dunkey

4.1

on 4/26/2012 11:27:00 AM

Opaque in 2 coats. Dry time fantastic! Color looks amazing in the bottle but not very nice on my skin tone . But still love it. Apply a matte topcoat over it, to die for :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was walking through my grocery store and spotted a table with bins filled with clearance items from the makeup department. I got excited when I saw nail polish, and when I saw this little gem for only 2 dollars I knew I had to have it. Picked up some other OPIs for 2 bucks but this one is definietly my favorite. Such a gorgeous color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite purple polish. It's a great medium purple color that's not so dark it's black and not so light it's almost sheer. It's very versatile. It could be for an everyday look or easily used for a night out or special event.

It applies very well. It's very smooth, shiny and coats my nail neatly. It's not so easily buildable, though. If you try to put on a thinner coat, it'll get streaky and not go on as well. This is why I didn't give it 5 rating. So trying to go opaque with it seems impossible unless you want a mess on your nails.
You can get great color that's almost exact to the bottle in one good coat. But I always like to do two to make sure I get the full color and coverage.

It dries fairly quickly. It gives you enough time to correct a small mistake.
When it does completely dry, it's solid and there's no fear of smudging. It's still glossy and smooth just like when it was first applied.
you could go without a top coat I'm sure - since OPI makes good quality polish that doesn't easily chip...and there's no need for extra shine.

I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 8/16/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Perfect "blurple"! Cool toned mix of blue and purple. I am partial to purples, but they can be problematic sometimes. Unlike some similar shades, this does not get too dark or flat once applied, but stays fun and vivid. No streaking or chipping. Looks good on a lot of different skin tones, too!

This is an amazing cool-toned Purple with a blue tint and hints of like a muted grey-ish color. I am not at all a fan of purple on my nails. This is the only purple nail polish that I have found that I love! My nail polish collection is exclusively OPI and contains 36 polishes. Only two of these are purple and this is the only one that I wear. I feel like this color works for any skin tone. I do find that it is darker when applied to the nail than it appears in the bottle.

on 7/1/2010 10:40:00 AM

Awesome mid-tone purple with a lot of blue (someone said this is "burple" and that's exactly right). I think this color would work on just about any skintone, just a really nice, solid color. Application is smooth and opaque, you can even get away with one coat if you're in a rush. Typical OPI packaging (which is always very nice). The pro-brush is kind of wide, but works for me (although I can see those with small nail beds having an issue). If I can I'm going to pick up an extra bottle of this as it's LE. PS-The name is also cute. ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a fun color! It's almost a dupe for China Glaze Grape Pop - but is maybe not quite as blue-toned. I like the formula for this better than I did the Grape Pop.

This is a fun grapey-jewel toned purple. Great for summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love OPI's Purple with a Purpose, and this colour is its very close cousin. Funky Dunky is a smooth creamy shade without any shimmer, and Purple with a Purpose looks almost identical to it, but it's flecked with gold shimmer.. It's a beautiful shade of purple that would look good all year round. LOVE this colour and the OPI Shrek collection!!!

Popular Polishes