Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A basic cleanser for oily skins who like to feel thoroughly clean, but likely too harsh for everyone else. One pump is the perfect amount to cleanse my face without making it feel dry or tight; any more than that, and I get some tightness in the eye area, which I definitely don't want! The smell really takes me back to high school, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it didn't take me long to tune it out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this facewash because I couldn't find my clean and clear wash. I used it for a few days, but it never really felt like it was cleaning my skin. After a few days, I got a terrible outbreak of dry, patchy, flaky, red skin!!! I have fairly oily skin and I have never experienced this with a cleanser. I will never purchase again. It's been a few days and I still had to go to work I didn't want to even look at other people :( Would never even THINK of this product again.

on 1/26/2017 11:41:00 AM

Worst cleanser I have EVER used! After three uses my face turned red and blotchy, dry as sand paper, made my eyes swell up, and broke me out!

on 11/28/2016 11:15:00 AM

MY FAVORITE CLEANSER. It cleans my face soo well,removes all the oil,dirt,makeup and leaves me feeling super fresh.Best suited for acne prone/oily/combination skin.I Would suggest people with dry/sensitive skin not to use it.

on 5/1/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

While my face feels clean, it becomes too dry or irritated.

on 3/4/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Omg....This is has to be the worst cleanser there is. Don't get me wrong love Neutrogena cleanser and scrubs. This over dried my skin and broke me out.

After three times of washing my face with this product, it made my skin dry, flaky, and rough. I have had a similar reaction to the Neutrogena Grapefruit Facial Wash previously but wanted to believe in this product (also it says it is hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested) however there might be a common ingredient in these two facial wash that is just too harsh. My skin is not sensitive nor did I used excessive amounts.

on 12/21/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is almost identical to their oil free acne cleanser. It even smells the same. It dried out my face super bad. I haven't used it for a week and my cheeks are still flaky and peeling from it. It also irritated my chin and caused a brake out. If you are looking for something to deep clean makeup off, check out Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser. I just started using that instead and it's way better and less harsh.

on 12/13/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just switched from Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to this just 2 days ago when my Cetaphil sort of did nothing in improving my damaged, acne prone skin that just wouldn't heal.

My new skin care routine just of 2 days ago: this cleanser with Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. After cleansing, I gentle pat my wet face until it is slightly dry. Then I apply the Aloe Vera gel all over my face (avoiding the eyes it really stings!) and just let it dry. And off to bed. This cleanser did not dried out my skin, no trace of tightness and smells sooo nice! Face feels very refreshed after cleansing. The next day I woke up, ALL of my spots are dried out! Never been so happy to see the improvement in just one night! I will stick to this routine and give updates. The only con of this cleanser is that is not travel friendly as it comes in a pump bottle with no lock or something. Oh and I've read a lot of reviews about this cleanser causing very bad reactions but nothing happened to me at all but still do a patch test on your neck somewhere below your jaw just to be sure.

on 12/5/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What a disappointment. I wanted to love this, I bought it because iheartmakeup92 on YouTube highly recommended it. At first it was nice on my sensitive, combination acne prone skin but the more I used it, it irritated my skin really badly by my nose and upper lip. I noticed it was drying me out more too over time. Sigh. It's a shame because I loved the smell and texture but I guess I need to stick to fragrance free products from now on. I will be using if to clean my makeup brushes.