4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

This is definitely a fruity scent. I would venture so far as to say that this is a very lychee-heavy scent, hence some of the complaints on this thread of it being "overly sweet." I've eaten the actual fruit, so I can pick it out immediately upon wear. It's very sweet and very creamy, so I can see where people would mistake it for sugar or vanilla. The grapefruit and the jasmine are simply the supporting cast, and their appearances could be summed up as simply cameos - they appear briefly and POOF they disappear. But the lychee remains strong, up until the very end where it becomes a soft, close-to-the-skin type scent with only the lychee and a bit of vanilla lingering towards the end. This is also one of the few Tokyomilk perfumes that I've tried that has a bit more longevity/sillage. I put some yesterday, and I still have this small lingering aura of lychee/vanilla that seems to be trailing me. It's warm, beautiful, sexy and quite alluring. I've read comments in this thread that this is a scent better suited for tweens, and I call b.s. on those comments. Scent preferences have no age limit, and if this is a scent that appeals to you then I say go for it because of the sweet scents that I've personally tried in my own life this one is definitely one of the easier ones to wear. Just make sure you use a light hand, and you'll be fine.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Amazing! Such a subtle sweet amazing scent! My absolute favorite scent at this time. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

My ex was the sort of man who wouldn't notice if I dyed my hair bright purple, walked around naked, and started randomly singing show tunes at 4 am. (Not that I ever did that, but I'm just saying.) However, anytime I put this perfume on--it was like he sort of woke up out of a trance--he said I smelled like straight up sex with it on. (Hence the name kabuki, I imagine.) At first scent, something about it is freakishly intoxicating, but unfortunately, much like the man who loved this scent, the drydown left something to be desired.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

from

7 years ago

Definitely a sweet, candy-like scent that would be perfect for tweens, but not so much for adults.

About reviewer (763 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

7 years ago

This is really nice. What I like about Tokyo Milk perfumes is that they are derived from natural ingredients, and never a smell of alcohol. I def smell all the wonderful notes, Sugared Grapefruit, Lychee & Sweet Jasmine. Lychee sticks with me the most. I think this can be worn by anyone, at any age, at any time of the year. :) Enjoy!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Wow I wish this smelled good on me like everyone is describing. I get grapefruit then some sort of soapiness. Bottle is cute but thats it for me. No lasting power either

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Unique and sweet but not overly fruity or floral smells like coconut milk with a hint of soft florals and spice.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

8 years ago

I love candy type scents. This is candy without any burnt sugar or plastic or musk! I am in HEAVEN! I LOVE this. I bought a 2nd bottle immediately upon receiving my first. This scent opens just as the note description appears. "Sugared grapefruit, lychee and sweet jasmine crushed and distilled to perfection." It is the way I imagined that FRESH Sugar Lyche Perfume would be (but isn't). To me, this Kabuki scent is very close to the FRESH Sugar Lyche lotion (which is much better then the FRESH perfume that is supposed to match) ! PLEASE make this forever! Lasts about 3-4 hours on the skin. *posted under Tokyomilk Kabuki also - There are two Kabuki listings - one under Tokyo Milk (as two words) and another as Tokyomilk (one word)

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

full disclosure: i'm a gourmand. kabuki smells like a baby~ a delicious baby! soft, vanill-ish, maybe powdery, with a *very* slight floral- and i dislike florals in general. i would agree with the posts that there is very little, if any grapefruit. not sure what lychee smells like, but the sweetness likely comes from it. so i went into a boutique & tried the ENTIRE tokyo milk line- including the darks. (i sprayed my way through 4 bottles of honey & the moon in a few short months, so i knew i'd be a fan of at least some of the others!) when i read 'grapefruit,' calyx came to mind (from the 90's) so i originally put it down, then something said, hey, you drove all the way to this boutique- may as well at least sample it. well, it's just ETHEREAL, like something an angel might wear! i would classify as gourmand, but not overly, like aquolina's pink sugar. if i had to compare it to another scent, it would be coquette tropique. i wish a had enough to fill a tub full of it every day to soak in~ i'm smitten!

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I actually REALLY love this perfume! I walked into a little boutique in Sydney planning on buying an Annick Goutal perfume, and on the way to that corner i just happened to stop and smell Kabuki. I had heard about tokyo milk before, but had never really been interested in trying it. Im so glad i did! Its such a sweet, gorgeous and individual smell - its quite complex and all the notes just mix so well together. As the previous reviewer stated though, the grapefruit in it is very minimal, so if you're a citrus lover this one may not be for you. Over all though, its a lovely scent for my skin chemistry :)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24