Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

on 8/23/2011 11:56:00 PM

I started using this about 2 weeks ago, which was recommended by my doctor to help with my mild acne. At first i thought wow its actually clearing up my acne scars fast! but after that my skin has just been getting worse, from mild acne to mild-moderate. I'm going back to my cetaphil! Very disappointed with this.

on 3/16/2011 12:45:00 PM

When I first started using this I loved it, it cleared up my face and made it feel soft.. but with continuous use it made me break out more and more and it would never clear up. I finally switched to a cheaper product and my face cleared up instantly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was OK. It was a freebie with my NeoStrata smoothing creams, so I can't complain about that, but it was a little too drying for me. The smell was also really unpleasant. I'm not sure I'm on board with glycolic cleansers when you kind of need the glycolic acid to remain on your skin for a sufficient period of time to get the exfoliating benefits. Maybe if you have oily/combo skin, this could work well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for quite a few months now, an have to say I'm dissapointed :( I have super oily, clog prone and acne prone skin with visible pores and redness. While I don't always have large pimples, I have small but visible bumps covering my whole face. This cleanser was not nearly as effective as I hoped. The bumps reduced slightly, but never a lot. My skin is still very oily and dehydrated looking, and my blackheads and open pores are the same. However, this didn't cause me to breakout or have extra irritation, so it's not bad, just not worth the price.

on 3/21/2014 12:07:00 AM

The cleanser is good but not AS GOOD as the clarifying gel cleanser that Neostrata has. The oil free one didn't remove my makeup well at all (I use eye makeup remover but this cleanser could barely clean my face makeup off) and I would end up having to wash my face twice to get it clean. If you're looking at Neostrata, I would recommend the clarifying cleanser over this!

on 8/23/2011 11:06:00 PM

I starting using neostrata when my doctor recommended it to me due to my mild-moderate acne. I've been on it for 2 weeks now, at first it did really well to reduce my acne scars, but after week 2 im still beginning to break out, and it really dried the area around my nose horribly. I dont think this cleanser is for me im going back to cetaphil. I don't know if i should continue? but it said i should see smoother clearer after 10 days and that hasnt happen, im really disappointed.

on 10/30/2014 3:07:00 AM

I had really bad acne scars years ago and started using this face wash. Combined with the glycol acid lotion it worked wonders on my skin, fading my acne scars and a few disappeared. However with continued use it became too strong for my skin and I broke out, but nothing like acne scars. It was great but do not keep on using it (for more than a few months I would say) if you have combination skin.

on 5/28/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My skin as of late has been getting used to salicylic acid in my face washes so it was time to try something stronger.

London Drugs had a special this week of receiving a free tube of this Oil Free Gel Cleanser, with any $35 Neostrata purhase. I was happy to be able to get two Neostrata products for approx. $40.

This cleansing gel was a good start for me, with 4% glycolic acid. I don't have acne but I do have oily skin, and my pore have been looking clogged and tunnel-like lately. AFTER THE FIRST USE, no joke, my pores looked cleaned out and smaller, amazing! I'm on Day 5 now of using this Gel Cleanser and it's very effective in making the top layers of skin peel off, revealing smoother and tighter skin. The tube says "Reveals smoother, younger-looking skin in just 10 days" and so far, it's true.

The second Neostrata product that I got, Oil Free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, contains 10% glycolic acid, and I haven't opened it yet. I suspect it's going to be too strong, as the 4% glycolic acid Cleansing Gel already very adequately exfoliating the top layers and is making my skin peel. I will exchange it for Smoothing Lotion Level 2 at 8% glycolic acid.

I've noticed that now when I wear powder foundation, my face looks better too, in that the powder foundation is no longer sitting on top of "dead skin" on my face, and blends into my complexion much better.

The price is high for a cleanser (regular retail is $27) but it works, so I would definitely repurchase or even better, keep my eyes out for another London Drugs promotion.

on 4/17/2014 5:05:00 PM

I've been using this product for 3 years now. Since it is a little expensive, sometimes i switch for a cheaper cleanser , but then i remember that it is the only cleanser i know that helps to control my acne and my oily face. After a couple of days , you will see a big improvement in the glow of your face and it will help scarring the acne.This product made me fall in love with the neostrata brand and i often refer my friends to it.

on 2/19/2013 9:15:00 PM

Been using this product for over 3 years. I'm a product junky so I'm always on the look out for new cleansers to try but I always go back to this one. It really helps to keep my skin balanced and under control.