Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer

Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 5/31/2017 5:25:00 AM

I saw these polishes mentioned on MUA nail board a couple of time, so I wanted to try them out, as one on the only drug store holo polishes. One my trip to US I discovered that these have long since been discontinued, along with all Milani nail polishes. But upon my return I found the whole collection for sale on eBay (someone's de-stash), so I bought it.

The darker ones are better pigmented and only need a couple of coats, but the lighter colours needed 3 coats. These are very pretty and I can see how they would have been revolutionary when they came out. But now there is such a wide choice of indi brands, so you can get any colour holo your heart desires with much better formulas, reasonably priced. So, as nice as these are there is no need to chase after them.

I am glad I bought them, to add to my collection, but if you are looking for a holo effect polishes I would recommend indi polishes over these.

I love these polishes. They're pretty much the only drugstore alternative to a holographic polish! However, I find that the particles that make it holographic could be more dense with these. The holo is definitely there, but it's not as strong as some other holos I've seen!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love these! I have the purple, pink and blue...all are gorgeous. They are just amazing in terms of formula also. Very nice holo effect and they dry smooth and perfect, never to thick or lumpy and they last well under most topcoats I have used. Excellent product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have three of these (green, gold and blue) and love them all. They are not really holographic but they do have very fine multi colored glitter particles in them so it appears like they are. The ''holo'' effect is more obvious in some (for example Hi-tech, the green one). They look nice in darker spaces but under a sunlight or any other kind of direct light they are simply gorgeous. The effect is most obvious if you apply multiple coats (I usually do two or three), one comes out a bit too sheer. The brush is good and I never have any problem applying these, the polish is quite thin and it dries quickly. They are as easy to remove as any other nail polish. They last two or three days, after that they usually start chipping. I will probably purchase all the colors eventually and I would repurchase if I ever used it up completely.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This nailpolish in the color Digital is my favourite! I had a mani done a few months ago, and I chose the OPI color from their Designer Series - Reserve. I loved the color so much I went to go and buy it, but refused to pay $37 for a bottle of nailpolish (the only place I could find it in NZ) I am SO glad I did not buy it, because the Milani Nailpolish Digital shade is an EXACT dupe for this! And whats better is its waaaay cheaper, and I got longer wear out of it on my nails than OPI (go figure). It is such a beautiful pink, and so shimmery and sparkly. I only need two coats to get true color, and as I said, it stays put. Love love love! Will definitely be buying again!

on 1/21/2012 2:29:00 PM

I have been searching and searching for a quality holo polish, and must say, I was thrilled beyond belief when I saw this set was still being offered. I was not entirely sure what to expect based on user swatches throughout the web, and now that I own all but one, I'm still on the fence.

Application is very smooth and even, and unlike a lot of holo polishes with glitter pieces, it has a very smooth and glossy feeling finish. (I have noticed that it does not photograph so smoothly - it looks like chunky glitter in images.) It also goes on rather sheer, but that's really to be expected. Full bottle color comes with about 3 moderate-to thin coats, or 2 slightly thick coats.

The colors themselves are GORGEOUS, and the hues really suit my style. As for how holo they really are? well, that's a bit of a let-down in my book. They're pretty, they sparkle, but the holographic dazzle is only barely there. Inside, outside, low-light, direct light.. it makes little difference. The only place I've manages to see any worthwhile dazzle is under the overhead lights at Panera (lol).

I think these lovely hues have a good future as either a top layer or as a base color for stamping, but they don't really have enough to really be a stand-alone color. They add amazing color depth, and have a nice sparkle, but I think in order to get a good holo effect, they desperately need a holo top coat (even if it's something with a relatively light effect, like China Glaze's Fairy Dust... which I love.)

Final judgment: Pretty color, nice application, smooth finish, looks AWESOME in a funky french (I like it with black).

on 5/4/2011 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have every color. The green one (Hi Tech) is my favorite. They look awesome outdoors on sunny days. Inside, the purple, pink, and gray are pretty boring but they light up outside. I needed at least 3 coats to cover but each one dries quickly.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

so uh after a month of waiting for this to come in the mail i finally got HD (the silver one). Ive been looking for a holo for a long time, and this one does the job :D however i need 3-4 coats for it to show up properly. The consistency is very thin so it is relatively fast drying. I can see myself layering this over other colours too like a top coat - like over black or using it in nail art with a paint brush. I wish I grabbed the other colours :/

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been looking for these everywhere and I finally came across a few at Target a few days ago! They had 3D, Hi-Res, and Digital and I picked them all up. So far I've only tried Hi-Res but I love it. I don't have any experience with any other holos unfortunately, so I can't compare how strong the effect is, but its really pretty and application was a breeze. If I can find the others, I'll purchase them too!

I purchased all of the colors offered in this collection EXCEPT the gold one (3D) off of cherry culture after seeing tons of holos on the nail blogs.

The colors are nice (a bit pastel for my likes) and the holo effect on most of these are scattered. The thing that has me the happiest is that the holo effect is wonderful in both natural and artificial light. I love knitting at night and catching my nails in the light as they show off their holo-y goodness. :)

I usually apply 3-4 thin coats, but I also do layer these over another color to use less coats but still get color. They layer extremely well over other colors and still show off their holos with just 1-2 coats over a base color.

Wear on these are also pretty decent, with base and topcoat, I start to see chipping after a few days. And removal's a cinch, no problems or stubborn spots ever!

Popular Polishes