AMBI Fade Cream

AMBI Fade Cream

3.6

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0, Skin Bleaching Agent), Padimate O (2.0, Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Betaine (Sugar Beet), Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycene Soja (Soybean) Protein (Soybean), Hydroxyethyl Urea, Isopropyl Myristate, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Propylparaben, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Metabisulfite, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Water

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Just not for everyone caused me to have swollen red raw tight dry skin maybe because my sensitive skin but it wasn't for me.

on 9/17/2016 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've only been using this for a month so far...
I was unable to use a lot of my facial products during my pregnancy so once it was over I was left with several dark spots( some were acne scars) and decided to use this. In the past I used Dr Palmers fade cream but these spots were darker than anything I had in the past so I felt I needed something stronger. I personally didn't feel it was working but I take pictures every 5 days and with 2 weeks the lighter marks were starting to fade and now a month later the darker ones are starting to fade slowly. The smell isn't the greatest but it's not too strong or overbearing. I have very sensitive skin and it didn't cause any breakouts or rashes. I've seen a lot of comments about this product not being as effective long term so I'm going to give it 2 more months and see the progress made.
So far so good. I gave it a 3 because I used Palmers in the past on acne scars and seen a big difference within a few weeks. This seems to take longer to notice a difference so I'll continue to use it for now
UPDATE: it's been about 6 weeks since my initial review and my marks have not faded more since. It was like it stopped working completely so I used it every other day for 2 weeks, noticed minimal improvement then nothing. I still continued to use it and take pictures but it no longer faded my marks so I stopped using it

on 7/13/2016 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Good!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, this seems to be helping with a patch of melasma on my forehead. I've used it twice a day, every day, for a couple of weeks, and I think I can see a small difference, so I'm sticking with it for now.

I've had no irritation at all, which actually surprised me, as my skin is incredibly sensitive. I do wonder if this only works on certain kinds of melasma/hyperpigmentation. Mine appeared after healing from a horrific IPL treatment for my rosacea. I wear sunscreen anyway, but I take care to apply extra to the area I'm treating with this.

Will update after I've given it a bit more time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm in my thirties with oily skin and battled severe acne until my twenties. African American and brown skinned with yellow undertones. I only have hormonal break outs now, but this product has been my go-to for years abs I still use it monthly. Black soap, aspirin masks and exfoliation followed by moisturizing with non-frangranced and non-comedogenic lotion/oils helps. The smell is weird, but I only apply it after I shower and/or wash my face and I let it totally absorb before applying makeup and it disapates quickly. Sunscreen is always advised whether you use this or not to minimize re-hyperpigmentation. If you have oily skin, purchasing the kind for oily skin is a MUST and worth it. I now get complements on my skin and it glows! I limit my usage of this product to spot treatment on new and emerging dark spots from cystic or regular acne, twice a day. Can't rate it a "5" because I think the sunscreen/sunblock claim for the product is misleading and I've seen its effectiveness reduced when it's used more than twice a day or so over time. But I've undergone chemical peels and laser treatments in the past, and this has helped me more than maintain even skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! have some red acne marks over various parts of my face and I have noticed improvement. I've been using this product for about a month and can see the spots slowly disappearing I probably will buy this again.

I had some acne scars and hoped this would fade them but unfortunately it didn't work well at all!

on 5/21/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product since Jan of 2016. The dark spots on my checks are noticeably lighter. Ambi fade cream is now part of my daily face routine.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i tried to use this product multiple times in the past, but could never commit to keeping up with it. because of that, i never saw any progess.

fast forward to early last year. i was left with an almost black, post acne hyperpigmentation scar. on my FOREHEAD. obviously, this was something i wanted gone - YESTERDAY. i decided to give ambi one more shot. because i so desperately wanted this scar gone, i decided to follow the instructions to a t. i applied it twice a day and followed with a sunscreen before going out.

i saw results almost immediately! by the end of the week my scar was noticeably lighter. within three weeks, the scar was practically gone. i was VERY impressed.

even though i had such stellar results, my lippies are all over the place. i give four lippies overall. i gave three lippies for packaging. i don't like the tube that it comes in. the tube breaks down after awhile. like, you could tear it if you wanted to. i wish they could find a better one. i also don't like the smell. it's very chemical and off putting. luckily, it doesn't last long. the price received five lippies. you get two ounces for $4. this tube has lasted me for almost two years.

if you've struggled with post acne scars, or hyperpigmentation - i suggest that you give it a try. i am a fair skinned african american whose scars/hyperpigmentation varies from a wine color to almost black and i've seen results on all colors.

on 4/5/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love Ambi Fade cream and used is a lot over the years, I stopped using it cause I ran out of my 2nd tube (over a course of 3/4 years) and felt like I no longer needed it. However, lately I've broken out in acne and tried to do a DIY toothpaste spot treat - sadly though it usually works I guess my skin had an unexpected FREAK REACTION to it and gave myself some serious chemical burns on all the spots I treated. The pimples left. But the scarring was horrifying. I tried everything before I went with AMBI. I soothed it with Aloe Vera and vitamin E and I tried my grandmother's fade cream which was way too harsh and left my skin SUPER dried out, flaky and crispy. Lol

So after some thought, I decided to go back to Ambi - which I should have done in the first place. My dark spots are worse than they've ever been and I feel hideous. I'm used to not wearing makeup sometimes but now I have to wear makeup just to go to the drugstore!

In any case, this was always the winner in fading my dark spots in the past so if anyone were to ask me, i would recommend this cream right away. It's $10 here in Toronto. Which isn't bad compared to $98 for some Sunday Riley kit. Which I DO want to try eventually.

My current regimen:
Wake up and wash my face with Aveenl Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Tone with Tea Tree toner from Body Shop
Apply Fade Cream on certain areas.
Apply Cetaphil Daily SPF facial moisturizer

NIGHT:
Wash with Aveeno Daily Scrub
Tone with Aloe Vera Juice
Aveeno Intensive Night cream
Ambi fade cream on affected areas

I'll definitely update later to see what happens in three weeks.

UPDATE:

So my skin is 100% brand new!
Ambi did the trick my acne scars and burn marks have disappeared and I can't even find them anymore my complexion is back to normal!
It's great! I'm back to wearing no makeup.

BUY AMBI!