3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This stuff works. I have fair skin with lots of freckles and use this to fade pigmentation and dark marks. I noticed a difference after using for only a few days, applying liberally on areas of darker pigmentation I want to lighten and a thinner amount all over. I only use this in winter and wear a pretty serious sunscreen (Alba Botanica Mineral Baby SPF 30) on days after using. Love that this is cheap, easy to get, and does what it says. Would repurchase

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

10 months ago

Did nothing for my skin. Faded nothing even after a month of use..

About reviewer (385 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

2.0

2 years ago

This was not for me. I'm not saying don't buy it, because not everything works for everyone. I recommend trying it somewhere on your body before putting on your face because I didn't, and lemme just say that was a big mistake. This stuff broke me out. I have patches of red where i put it and little tiny bumps that i can feel. It isn't really painful, but i really don't like the way it looks, lol. ???? If you want a natural remedy, try tea tree oil and follow up with aloe vera gel. I personally wouldn't buy again. Hope this helps.

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium Brown

1.0

3 years ago

Just not for everyone caused me to have swollen red raw tight dry skin maybe because my sensitive skin but it wasn't for me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan

3.0

4 years ago

I've only been using this for a month so far... I was unable to use a lot of my facial products during my pregnancy so once it was over I was left with several dark spots( some were acne scars) and decided to use this. In the past I used Dr Palmers fade cream but these spots were darker than anything I had in the past so I felt I needed something stronger. I personally didn't feel it was working but I take pictures every 5 days and with 2 weeks the lighter marks were starting to fade and now a month later the darker ones are starting to fade slowly. The smell isn't the greatest but it's not too strong or overbearing. I have very sensitive skin and it didn't cause any breakouts or rashes. I've seen a lot of comments about this product not being as effective long term so I'm going to give it 2 more months and see the progress made. So far so good. I gave it a 3 because I used Palmers in the past on acne scars and seen a big difference within a few weeks. This seems to take longer to notice a difference so I'll continue to use it for now UPDATE: it's been about 6 weeks since my initial review and my marks have not faded more since. It was like it stopped working completely so I used it every other day for 2 weeks, noticed minimal improvement then nothing. I still continued to use it and take pictures but it no longer faded my marks so I stopped using it

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

Good!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

So far, this seems to be helping with a patch of melasma on my forehead. I've used it twice a day, every day, for a couple of weeks, and I think I can see a small difference, so I'm sticking with it for now. I've had no irritation at all, which actually surprised me, as my skin is incredibly sensitive. I do wonder if this only works on certain kinds of melasma/hyperpigmentation. Mine appeared after healing from a horrific IPL treatment for my rosacea. I wear sunscreen anyway, but I take care to apply extra to the area I'm treating with this. Will update after I've given it a bit more time!

About reviewer (175 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I'm in my thirties with oily skin and battled severe acne until my twenties. African American and brown skinned with yellow undertones. I only have hormonal break outs now, but this product has been my go-to for years abs I still use it monthly. Black soap, aspirin masks and exfoliation followed by moisturizing with non-frangranced and non-comedogenic lotion/oils helps. The smell is weird, but I only apply it after I shower and/or wash my face and I let it totally absorb before applying makeup and it disapates quickly. Sunscreen is always advised whether you use this or not to minimize re-hyperpigmentation. If you have oily skin, purchasing the kind for oily skin is a MUST and worth it. I now get complements on my skin and it glows! I limit my usage of this product to spot treatment on new and emerging dark spots from cystic or regular acne, twice a day. Can't rate it a "5" because I think the sunscreen/sunblock claim for the product is misleading and I've seen its effectiveness reduced when it's used more than twice a day or so over time. But I've undergone chemical peels and laser treatments in the past, and this has helped me more than maintain even skin.

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

4 years ago

Great product! have some red acne marks over various parts of my face and I have noticed improvement. I've been using this product for about a month and can see the spots slowly disappearing I probably will buy this again.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

I had some acne scars and hoped this would fade them but unfortunately it didn't work well at all!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium