Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.7

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is so strange...I thought this perfume would be a warm, floral scent. Some reviewers mentioned a vanilla drydown. Sounded pleasant enough. When I sprayed it on me though, it turned into an EXACT CLONE of Armani Code. Now, don't get me wrong, this was a pleasant surprise considering I love Armani Code and it's much more expensive then Pure Orchid. It was just very unexpected. On me it was quite dark and spicy with a vanilla undertone coming out in the drydown. Literally an exact dupe of how Armani Code smells on me. Looks like no one else has had this bizarre experience, so perhaps my review should be taken with a grain of salt. But that was my experience with this perfume.

on 5/24/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been loving this fragrance lately. It's a warm, soft vanilla that works in the heat of spring and summer. It seems very similar to the original Halle... I don't smell orchid, or any floral for that matter. Just a sweet but fresh fragrance. Nothing too special but it's very inexpensive, the bottle is attractive, and it smells great. If I ran out, I would buy another bottle.

on 5/6/2010 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i actually bought this for my mom for mother's day.. times are tough and i cannot really afford her usual but she mentioned she liked this and i thought it might be nice for casual days, whatever.
i sniffed it and it really does smell nice. it is really inexpensive and i believe it is a nice quality for the money. wal mart has a nice packaged kit you can buy as a present and i think she really will enjoy it.

hmmm....I expected Halle Berry Pure Orchid to be more tropical or to at least have a scent reminiscent of orchids. I was disappointed in this.

This is a VERY sweet scent and smells food like on me, like blackberry jam right off the top. I'm not really into smelling like dessert.

I give this 2 lippies because I just adore the bottle and I just adore Halle Berry. And Ms. Berry looks divine in the ad for Pure Orchid...walking out of the ocean towards you carrying that single orchid.

It's too bad the scent is such a disappointment. By the way, it's a "floral"? I don't detect ANY floral notes, just foody notes AND there are no floral notes in it! Please see below...

More on Pure Orchid:

Halle Berry perfumes and colognes
Floral fragrances
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry
For: women Designer: Halle Berry Olfactive Group: Floral Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry is a floral fragrance for women. Halle Pure Orchid is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. Top notes are amalfi lemon, papaya and cactus; middle notes are star anise, orchid and blackberry; base notes are patchouli, tonka bean and sequoia.

on 3/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another soft copy of Pink Sugar. I like it though because PS is too strong for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pure Orchid is very nice...smells like orchids,its sweet...has orchid,blackberry creme,lemon,star anise...smells like orchids and blackberry to me...the perfume is purple,a little powdery.Ladies that like sweet perfumes may like Pure Orchid.

on 2/12/2010 12:40:00 PM

Smelled this one in a magazine sample and I like it a lot better than the original Halle Berry. To me it smells very very similar to Flower Bomb, it smells really good. If you like Flower Bomb you might want to give this one a try for a lot less money. The staying power seems to be really good and this is just rubbing the paper sample on my wrist. I can't wait to try this one! I only gave it 4 lippies because it is not an original fragrance.

Popular Fragrances