Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super cute bottle. The fragrance does not match the name. The scent is sweet in a cotton candy meets synthetic blackberry and apples kind of way with lots of amber undertones. The name 'Pure Orchid' evokes a tropical far-away island sort of vibe and this was not it. It was much heavier and sweeter than I expected. Biggest reason for not purchasing is that this is a migraine-inducer.

Pure Orchid from Halle isn't bad - I gave it a try yesterday and enjoyed the first few minutes of the scent, a bright floral with zingy sweetness and a little depth. I particularly enjoyed when the soft yumminess 'blackberry cream' accord made its appearance - this is a scent that isn't terribly original (zingy fruit/cream floral) but I think it has enough of its own signature to lend to a style statement. Unfortunately, after a few minutes one of the floral notes turns on me and ruins the scent, so no sale for me - but I encourage others to give this a spin, as I think this could be a pretty spring scent on someone who can wear it well. 3&1/2.

on 2/19/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, this is the first celebrity fragrance I have EVER tried, aside from Elzabeth Taylor's a while back. The only reason I gave Pure Orchid a shot is because it was sitting right in front of me at Walgreens, for a lovely price. I thought it smelled terrific, but didnt' buy it because I wasn't so sure I wanted to invest in a celeb scent. By the end of the day, I had to go back for it and I still think it smells incredible. Personally, I think it's similar to the original (which I also had to buy - couldn't resist) but with a fruit twist. Creamy, vanilla, slight spice dry down. On me it lasts for 5-6 hours. Picked this up .5 oz for $6.99 - found same price on Ebay. It's my first floral/fruity fragrance, too, and I'm glad I tried it! Delicious, comforting scent that's not overpowering. Beautiful bottle, even in the small size.

Popular Fragrances