wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the color payoff sucks!! You could barely see it and it fades quickly.

on 12/10/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitten was a let-down because all of the other Color Icon shadows are so good. This is a bland, glittery mess with an undesirable gritty texture that hardly shows up on my super pale skin. I swatched this on my hand, ran my finger over it, and it looked like nothing was ever there to begin with.

on 11/18/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, it's amazing that the quality of this eyeshadow is SO BAD when you compare it to the other new shadows from Wet n Wild! The color is so pretty in the pan, but it just doesn't translate well when applied to the lid. When I first bought it, I swatched it with my finger and applied it to the back of my hand....all I got was a faint purple smear with some gold microglitter, and when I rubbed my finger back over it, 90% of that pathetic swatch disappeared!! Applying it to my lids didn't go any better. With a brush, even with a patting motion application, the eyeshadow applied very splotchy (I also used TFSI), and there was gold microglitter fallout everywhere! (I do tap off my brush). Yesterday, I decided to give it one more try, and wear it to work as a wash. So I applied it with a sponge applicator, thinking that maybe this would be the trick that would give me a better application. It did deposit more color on my lid, but I still had a gold glitter mess all around my eye area, and when I stood back and looked in the mirror, I noticed that I looked really tired and run down. And it was the effect of the eyeshadow, I swear!! I was actually feeling fine and had gotten a normal night's sleep. I added Ulta's Mystique to my crease to try and save the look, because I didn't have time to redo everything. It helped a bit, but after this experience, my Kitten eyeshadow is going into my box of Makeup Limbo, which is where I put makeup that I'm not positive I want to get rid of, and might want to play around with some other time, or give away to the right person someday. Though really, I probably should have just thrown it away. Even I am not cheap enough to try and return it for the $1 I paid for it.....but I do wish I had spent that dollar on something else! I'm not sure what was up with the people at Wet n Wild when they approved this shadow for sale...it's just not comparable to the standard set by so many of their other shadows....even the old shadows were sooo much better!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up because I fell in love with the ColorIcon palettes and wanted to try more of the new products. I'm a big fan of purple eyeshadows because they tend to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. At first, I wasn't too impressed. It sat in my make-up case for a couple months and then one day I randomly decided to play with it and I realized how amazing it looked with my eye color. I'm normally not a fan of gold at all and this has gold micro shimmer in it. But it's a beautiful pale gold that somehow works great with the purple and with hazel eyes. I love how creamy this shadow is an how well it blends. A very unique color and a great bargain.

on 7/5/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shadow, I was really disappointed with the color payoff. I found it chalky and it just didn't show up on my medium beige skin tone. I almost ignored it but decided to give it another shot this morning. I used an eye primer and a light coat of NYX jumbo pencil in milk which I blended in well onto my eyelid. I used a flat brush to pack the color onto my eyelid and then blended it up into my crease and thought, okay, this looks better than the first time I used it. It's hot today and I was looking for a simple, one e/s color look so it's all I really used.. That and two coats of mascara. The lighting in my room wasn't great so I stepped in front of the window to do a final check on my makeup and YOWZA... my eyes looked GAWGEOUS!! This is a beautiful lavender color with flecks of gold. A truly lovely color. Just remember to use a cream or paint base and a flat brush to pack it on rather than sweeping it on.

on 4/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For the life of me, I don't get the negative reviews for this shadow. With green eyes, I collect purple eye shadows, it was dirt cheap, and I wanted to try out some new products from the newly revamped Wet 'n Wild line. I layered this over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk' and swiped it on with my Lowell-Cornell 1/2 inch brush. The shadow DOES show up as the color in the pan, applies smoothly, and is fairly pigmented (more pigmented than one would expect for a $1.99 eye shadow). No complaints here.