Rimmel Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink

Rimmel Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink
image 1image 2image 3

4.3

Active: Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (7.5%), ethylhexyl salicylate (2%)

Rimmel, I will say,makes some really well formulated lipsticks: Moisturizing,great saturation of color and they wear pretty well.
This shade was a bit more purple than I liked and I agree with the previous poster in saying that it reminds me of Nyx Thalia,only Rimmel has more adherence to the lips.

on 5/16/2016 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A beautiful everyday colour which is kind of a dusty mauve shade. Very creamy and moisturizing. Looks beautiful and is very comfortable.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm completely in love with this color!
The texture is amazing and exactly what I was looking for. The packaging is the only thing I dislike but otherwise I think it's amazing.

on 5/21/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Beautiful but not pink - I ordered this on eBay as itís discontinued. I have extremely fair Irish skin with blue-green eyes and this looks good on my skin tone. I was expecting it to be lighter but when I put it on its definitely a mauvey purple and quite pigmented for day time. I normally wear nudes and cool pinks and this looks more like night time lipstick to me. The texture is amazing and very creamy. This reminds me a little of NYX Thalia which is a great dusty rose mauve.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So I picked this lippy up at Target on clearance for $3.84 on a whim. I had taken a break from being a MUA for a couple of years and had just started to rebuild my kit and needed some lipsticks. I wasn't expecting to like it at all, so I threw it in the kit pile to be depotted and used for clients only. A few weeks later I sat down to depot my lippies for my kit and decided "eh I'll just try it on for fun"...bad idea...I was INSTANTLY IN LOVE! I rushed back up to Target and found ONE tube left. I haven't been able to find any since and recently learned they discontinued this shade :(. I'm heartbroken and currently conserving my stash until I find the perfect dupe lol. The formula is A-MAZING, so much so that I don't even need a gloss with it. I prefer a semi-matte/slightly glossed look on my own lips and this lipstick is perfect! My only complaints are A) I do wish the wear was longer as I usually have to reapply every couple of hours; B) it's discontinued (Rimmel def needs to bring this shade back!)

Lovely lippy- very similar in colour to mac syrup but this is a big more moisturising and a lot cheaper. Can't speak on other's behalf but a great shade for pale blue eyed blondes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rimmel and Revlon have some of the best lipstick in the drugstore. Rimmel moisture renew have an awful, cheap packaging (the new one isn't much better) but I love the lipsticks! Vintage pink is my favorite color and i'm disappointed that it is discontinued. I had not been able to find it for months :( Luckily I stopped at walmart and there were THREE vintage pinks in the old packaging. They didn't scan at the register and the clerk said it was because item was discontinued so she gave them to me for a dollar each! The lipstick has great lasting power and it is smooth and creamy. It is not patchy at all. It is more of a plum/violet/pink shade. I would consider it a mauve or purple shade more so than a pink. I have a neutral skin tone but I tend to look better in cool tones as opposed to warm tones. This is certainly a cool tone pink and the purple tone may not be for everyone.

on 8/13/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Vintage pink is not really "pink"... it is definitely muted raspberry/violet without shimmer. It's a wearable take on a plum lip for fall, or those trying daring shades for the first time.

on 1/21/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I typically love Rimmel MoistureRenew lipsticks, and I really wanted to try Vintage Pink after reading the great reviews. My natural lip color leans to purplish pink; however, I after getting this color and trying it on, I find that this would look much better on my tan skin (summertime) versus my pale olive skin in the cold months. I can see women with fair skin looking fine in this l/s shade!! Lucky you :) NOTE to females who love this color but have warmer skintone: I went to my l/s stash and rediscovered my Wet n' Wild 520A Dark Pink Frost l/s and wow!!! -- It is almost the exact dupe for R's Vintage Pink, but WNW's has finely milled gold shimmer that is not frosty on - It is extremely subtle, to add almost a glowy effect to the cool tones of the mauve/lavender/pink shade. For 0.99 cents it is worth a try!

Love this. I reach for this lipstick most on work days. It's a nice and natural purple undertones pink, perfect for a subtle natural look. The formulation also works well for my dry lips.