NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System

NuFACE  Microcurrent Facial Toning System
Microcurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning System

3.9

on 11/19/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using the mini for almost 2 years. There was a point in time where I stopped for about 4 months, but then I realized that this thing was really helping and I needed to get back to it. I think it's important to keep the following in mind:

1. The gel is really important. You can't use just any old gel. It has to have an ingredient that conducts the current into your skin and it cannot have any oil in it or it won't work. Aloe will not work. I don't like the NuFace gel because it dries too quickly, so I use Acquasonic ultrasound gel, which is pretty cheap. I get it on ebay. Use a generous amount so you won't get any stinging.

2. The effects are temporary, but also cumulative. I felt more firm after the first use, and I saw a lifting after about 3 or 4 uses. For a long time I would get a lift, but it would be gone the next day. Not really a surprise. But now that I've been in it for the long haul, my skin is looking and feeling toned all the time.

3. Because the effects are temporary, I find that this works best in conjunction with face exercises. (I like the ones by Peta on youtube.) I've played around with doing only face exercise and with doing only NuFace, but I get much better results when I do both. I try to do both every day, but in reality I probably do them 5 times a week. It's definitely worth the time. If you want to see results, you have to put in the effort.

4. Pay attention to what you're doing. Follow the directions. You are working with muscles, so you have to use it the proper way to lift muscle. You can't just rub it on your face in any old way. I do the whole face and then spend extra time lifting around the cheekbones. If you lift the cheekbones, you'll pull up everything in the lower face.

5. This is something that you have to do on a regular basis if you want to see results. Now that I'm in my 50s, it takes more time to look good. I probably spend 20 minutes just on the combination of face exercises/NuFace/moisturizing, but it has been worth it and I see results. I am not interested in injections or surgery, but I want a natural, more youthful look and this is working for me.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have been using the mini and numerous tubes of the gel since March, I used it every day for 60 days with the 15 minute advanced treatment and have had small results in the chin area and the nose to mouth crease. I will continue to use it as I feel that the older you are the longer it will take to see any amount of results as your skin starts its decline in the late 30's and early 40's and I'm over 60. I have been out of the sun for 35 years as the sun is the worst for collagen and elasticity, but in my youth I did sun bathe a lot, it doesn't show up till your older. So I can't say its a miracle, but it helps along with retin A, retinols, peptides etc. I have been told I don't look my age, but who knows. I think it helps. Please ladies be realistic, how can it possible show instant results, the only thing that does that is plastic surgery or injectables or lasers.

on 3/31/2016 3:48:00 PM

I bought the NuFace online and was very skeptical, but the price was very low and I figured it was worth a try. It does seem to tighten the skin.I went on the website and and I am doing the 5 minute treatment. I am also using it around my mouth without the additional attachment and I do see fewer vertical lip lines and the nasolabial lines are lessened too. Believe it or not my upper lip seems bigger too. There is a slight tingle when moving it around the face, but it is not uncomfortable. I notice that my cheekbones are more prominent after using it. The gel can be drying so it's important to wash it off completely and moisturize. It's easy to use and 5 minutes a day for smoother skin is a small price to pay.

on 3/18/2016 11:33:00 AM

I love the Nuface Trinity – amazing product for Retin-A users that will get rid of flaking and give you a glowing skin all day! I am seriously on to something here - this device is amazing for dry flaky skin, I had no idea it can hydrate your skin. I bought my first device a few years ago and barely used it because I didn’t see much of a difference in terms of firmness and I didn’t like the gel conductor. I am 33 years old and don’t have much sagging so maybe that’s why I didn’t see a huge difference. Few months ago I decided to give it another chance and used it in the morning for 5-6 minutes before work. A bit of a background about my skin - over the past few years, I have tried using Retin-A but always ended up stopping because of serious dryness, flaking and irritation. My makeup looked so bad during the day and I couldn’t tolerate it, it was embarrassing. I used it once or twice a week and could not get my skin to look normal using it. Then I noticed that on the days I was using the Nuface Trinity in the morning, my skin looked radiant the whole day! At first I didn’t make the connection between the two, I thought it was my new foundation, but then I went a few days without using the Nuface Trinity and noticed that the flaking and dryness had returned and my makeup looked bad. I got back to using the device in the morning and guess what – glowing skin without flaking! I bought the new conductor gel by Nuface, which you do not have to wash off and I like it even better, although the original conductor gel also works (even after I washed it off my skin was hydrated). So – regarding firmness I think there may be some effect although I cannot attest as to how drastic the change is. Having said that, if you have dry skin and you want hydrated, glowing skin that stays like that the whole day – totally use it in the morning for 5-6 minutes or so and notice the difference. To save some time in the morning, I even bought two devices and use them at the same time, each device one side of the face. I will add that few days I tried hydrating masks but they didn't work nearly as well as the Nuface Trinity (I think the current pushes the gel into the skin and increases moisture, not sure what the reason is but it works). BTW, as a side note if you are using retin-a also remember to exfoliate, very important.

on 3/14/2016 2:46:00 AM

With excitement I unpacked my nuface mini, looking forward to some lifting of my sagging cheeks ...but ouch! It was so painful even on the lowest setting, my eyes were flashing and it felt like I was getting electrocuted! I had some headache afterwards that lasted for a few hours, my face felt king of numb, but no better looking. Perhaps I am too sensitive to the current: I tried another day with a little less primer, same thing. This did feel wrong...The next day I ditched the primer and felt only pleasant tingling, meant it still worked, but less aggressively. After 10 days of use no improvement whatsoever ( I think my facial exercises do much more!), a big disappointment. I will keep trying for another month and then give up :(

Nothing 'NU' to see here folks, move along.

After reading countless reviews, mostly singing the praises of this device I finally purchased a NuFace Trinity at Ulta hoping to give my skin a lift. That was 7 months ago. I watched the videos and diligently used the Trinity device daily for the entire time – may have missed all of 7 days during that period. Not only did I do the "basic treatment" but I also followed with the optional "advanced treatment" every day.

Seven months later: no improvements! Nothing, nada, zip. I wanted to believe this would make a difference even convincing myself that the negative reviews were from people who either didn't follow the instructions or didn't perform them diligently. Not the case here. I really worked this thing and would have loved to be one of the "choir."

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

An amazing product. I have the black and gold anniversary edition with the two prong attachment. I can say yes this device does work. It does what it says. I got this device in November and got lazy and stopped for a few weeks- I definitely noticed the difference. My skin looked aweful. I immediately went back to using it and the next day my skin was back to looking beautiful again, so now I have made a commitment to never stop again. It only takes 5 minutes a day every day for three months then 3 days a week after that. Also you have to use the primer designed to be used with this device it helps the device do what it needs to do so using a cheap substitute will not result in the best results.

on 8/21/2015 3:19:00 PM

I am very impressed with my Nuface mini. I have been using it almost every day, for the last 6 weeks or so. It has really worked well to lift my brow area, and my cheek/jaw area looks more contoured and lifted. I am only giving it four stars because the effects wear off quickly. I took a weekend off once (they do say to only use it 5 days a week) and by Monday my face seemed back to its normal saggy state. I just don't know if I will have the time every morning for the next X number of years to invest in zapping my face. To the person who asked about dark spots from the machine, I haven't noticed that mine are any better or worse.

Updating: I no longer use this. It is just too time consuming for a temporary fix.

on 5/10/2015 6:43:00 PM

I'm 62 and started the NuFace Trinity about a month ago. I quit using the tool because it was too painful to the extent it made my muscles twitch (extremely so and on LOW). And yes I was using the gel that came with it. Shortly after using the tool I started experiencing massive hair loss which to this day cannot figure out why! I quit using the tool since that was the only new thing I was doing and after 3 weeks of extreme hair loss and blood work (including an ultrasound on my thyroid) we still have no answers. BUT just this past week-end my hair stopped falling out, as quickly as it had begun! I'm too afraid to start using the NuFace as I loss about half my hair volume! I am now using the Lift Wand and Ultrsonic tool with awesome results! BE CAREFUL!! I'd love to know if anyone else experienced hair loss!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointing! Being very self conscious of the significant sagging of my cheek area, and not being able to afford a surgical face lift, I was really excited this might tone and slightly lift my face.

For reference, I had full, almost chubby cheeks, but when I hit my late 30s (now 41), they totally deflated. Weight loss and gravity haven't helped matters... It is most noticable around the corners of mouth, where the looser skin likes to settle and form parentheses within parantheses within parentheses. You get the idea.
I've tried all kinds of face firming products (Strivectin face tightening serum, Bioelements Flaxx-C firming mask, derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer, etc).

I started using this daily, or every other day, including the "advanced" moves, always on the highest setting.
I might think that I haven't been using it long enough, but I'very read too many reviews from people claiming that results were instant; as in the treated side of the face was noticably more lifted than the untreated side after just one use. I wasn't expect that kind of result, but I was hoping for SOMETHING. I've been using it for months, and don't notice ANY lifting effect.
It's pleasant to use, and the metal spheres feel nice gliding along the skin.
And I can feel a zapping when I get close to my hairline on my forehead, so I know the current is working. It simply doesnt produce any results.

And could NuFace maybe provide a gel bigger than a small tube of toothpaste?? What a rip!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools