NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System

NuFACE  Microcurrent Facial Toning System
Microcurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning System

3.8

on 7/23/2017 4:55:00 PM

I too experienced severe tooth sensitivity after using this. I did see improvement in my overall sagging and skin tone but had to discontinue use for that reason. Slowly the tooth pain began to subside after that. I guess that means at least it's doing something deep within, but what?

on 7/22/2017 9:43:00 AM

I'm too young to be using this but I just love beauty gadgets (I'm 30) and my cheeks are starting to sag, as they do. I'm going to return this product today, after a week of use.

I'm confused as to how this cleared the FDA. Several reviewers here have complained of stimulation of the optic nerve and facial twitches. I'll add something new to the pile. I had a filling in a molar 2 weeks before I started using this. A week after using NuFace, I started to experience tooth sensitivity so persistent and uncomfortable that my dentist and I thought I might need a root canal. It suddenly occurred to me that the sensitivity began with the NuFace. I discontinued use, and thankfully, my tooth nerve is slowly healing.

I've thought about trying to let my tooth heal completely and then go back to the device. But it's just too scary. If this is stimulating nerves BELOW my facial tissue and underneath other tissue, like my freaking gums, then this product can create medical complications that could be damaging. This is just too risky.

The Beauty Brains have pointed out that there's no scholarship or clinical trials to support any claims made about micro-currents and collagen/wrinkles. I've looked myself (I have a PhD) and can't find any. I think this product is preying on our insecurities in an unethical and potentially dangerous way.

on 11/19/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using the mini for almost 2 years. There was a point in time where I stopped for about 4 months, but then I realized that this thing was really helping and I needed to get back to it. I think it's important to keep the following in mind:

1. The gel is really important. You can't use just any old gel. It has to have an ingredient that conducts the current into your skin and it cannot have any oil in it or it won't work. Aloe will not work. I don't like the NuFace gel because it dries too quickly, so I use Acquasonic ultrasound gel, which is pretty cheap. I get it on ebay. Use a generous amount so you won't get any stinging.

2. The effects are temporary, but also cumulative. I felt more firm after the first use, and I saw a lifting after about 3 or 4 uses. For a long time I would get a lift, but it would be gone the next day. Not really a surprise. But now that I've been in it for the long haul, my skin is looking and feeling toned all the time.

3. Because the effects are temporary, I find that this works best in conjunction with face exercises. (I like the ones by Peta on youtube.) I've played around with doing only face exercise and with doing only NuFace, but I get much better results when I do both. I try to do both every day, but in reality I probably do them 5 times a week. It's definitely worth the time. If you want to see results, you have to put in the effort.

4. Pay attention to what you're doing. Follow the directions. You are working with muscles, so you have to use it the proper way to lift muscle. You can't just rub it on your face in any old way. I do the whole face and then spend extra time lifting around the cheekbones. If you lift the cheekbones, you'll pull up everything in the lower face.

5. This is something that you have to do on a regular basis if you want to see results. Now that I'm in my 50s, it takes more time to look good. I probably spend 20 minutes just on the combination of face exercises/NuFace/moisturizing, but it has been worth it and I see results. I am not interested in injections or surgery, but I want a natural, more youthful look and this is working for me.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have been using the mini and numerous tubes of the gel since March, I used it every day for 60 days with the 15 minute advanced treatment and have had small results in the chin area and the nose to mouth crease. I will continue to use it as I feel that the older you are the longer it will take to see any amount of results as your skin starts its decline in the late 30's and early 40's and I'm over 60. I have been out of the sun for 35 years as the sun is the worst for collagen and elasticity, but in my youth I did sun bathe a lot, it doesn't show up till your older. So I can't say its a miracle, but it helps along with retin A, retinols, peptides etc. I have been told I don't look my age, but who knows. I think it helps. Please ladies be realistic, how can it possible show instant results, the only thing that does that is plastic surgery or injectables or lasers.

on 3/31/2016 3:48:00 PM

I bought the NuFace online and was very skeptical, but the price was very low and I figured it was worth a try. It does seem to tighten the skin.I went on the website and and I am doing the 5 minute treatment. I am also using it around my mouth without the additional attachment and I do see fewer vertical lip lines and the nasolabial lines are lessened too. Believe it or not my upper lip seems bigger too. There is a slight tingle when moving it around the face, but it is not uncomfortable. I notice that my cheekbones are more prominent after using it. The gel can be drying so it's important to wash it off completely and moisturize. It's easy to use and 5 minutes a day for smoother skin is a small price to pay.

on 3/18/2016 11:33:00 AM

I love the Nuface Trinity – amazing product for Retin-A users that will get rid of flaking and give you a glowing skin all day! I am seriously on to something here - this device is amazing for dry flaky skin, I had no idea it can hydrate your skin. I bought my first device a few years ago and barely used it because I didn’t see much of a difference in terms of firmness and I didn’t like the gel conductor. I am 33 years old and don’t have much sagging so maybe that’s why I didn’t see a huge difference. Few months ago I decided to give it another chance and used it in the morning for 5-6 minutes before work. A bit of a background about my skin - over the past few years, I have tried using Retin-A but always ended up stopping because of serious dryness, flaking and irritation. My makeup looked so bad during the day and I couldn’t tolerate it, it was embarrassing. I used it once or twice a week and could not get my skin to look normal using it. Then I noticed that on the days I was using the Nuface Trinity in the morning, my skin looked radiant the whole day! At first I didn’t make the connection between the two, I thought it was my new foundation, but then I went a few days without using the Nuface Trinity and noticed that the flaking and dryness had returned and my makeup looked bad. I got back to using the device in the morning and guess what – glowing skin without flaking! I bought the new conductor gel by Nuface, which you do not have to wash off and I like it even better, although the original conductor gel also works (even after I washed it off my skin was hydrated). So – regarding firmness I think there may be some effect although I cannot attest as to how drastic the change is. Having said that, if you have dry skin and you want hydrated, glowing skin that stays like that the whole day – totally use it in the morning for 5-6 minutes or so and notice the difference. To save some time in the morning, I even bought two devices and use them at the same time, each device one side of the face. I will add that few days I tried hydrating masks but they didn't work nearly as well as the Nuface Trinity (I think the current pushes the gel into the skin and increases moisture, not sure what the reason is but it works). BTW, as a side note if you are using retin-a also remember to exfoliate, very important.

on 3/14/2016 2:46:00 AM

With excitement I unpacked my nuface mini, looking forward to some lifting of my sagging cheeks ...but ouch! It was so painful even on the lowest setting, my eyes were flashing and it felt like I was getting electrocuted! I had some headache afterwards that lasted for a few hours, my face felt king of numb, but no better looking. Perhaps I am too sensitive to the current: I tried another day with a little less primer, same thing. This did feel wrong...The next day I ditched the primer and felt only pleasant tingling, meant it still worked, but less aggressively. After 10 days of use no improvement whatsoever ( I think my facial exercises do much more!), a big disappointment. I will keep trying for another month and then give up :(

Nothing 'NU' to see here folks, move along.

After reading countless reviews, mostly singing the praises of this device I finally purchased a NuFace Trinity at Ulta hoping to give my skin a lift. That was 7 months ago. I watched the videos and diligently used the Trinity device daily for the entire time – may have missed all of 7 days during that period. Not only did I do the "basic treatment" but I also followed with the optional "advanced treatment" every day.

Seven months later: no improvements! Nothing, nada, zip. I wanted to believe this would make a difference even convincing myself that the negative reviews were from people who either didn't follow the instructions or didn't perform them diligently. Not the case here. I really worked this thing and would have loved to be one of the "choir."

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

An amazing product. I have the black and gold anniversary edition with the two prong attachment. I can say yes this device does work. It does what it says. I got this device in November and got lazy and stopped for a few weeks- I definitely noticed the difference. My skin looked aweful. I immediately went back to using it and the next day my skin was back to looking beautiful again, so now I have made a commitment to never stop again. It only takes 5 minutes a day every day for three months then 3 days a week after that. Also you have to use the primer designed to be used with this device it helps the device do what it needs to do so using a cheap substitute will not result in the best results.

on 8/21/2015 3:19:00 PM

I am very impressed with my Nuface mini. I have been using it almost every day, for the last 6 weeks or so. It has really worked well to lift my brow area, and my cheek/jaw area looks more contoured and lifted. I am only giving it four stars because the effects wear off quickly. I took a weekend off once (they do say to only use it 5 days a week) and by Monday my face seemed back to its normal saggy state. I just don't know if I will have the time every morning for the next X number of years to invest in zapping my face. To the person who asked about dark spots from the machine, I haven't noticed that mine are any better or worse.

Updating: I no longer use this. It is just too time consuming for a temporary fix.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools