NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System

NuFACE Microcurrent Facial Toning System
Microcurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning SystemMicrocurrent Facial Toning System

3.8

on 5/2/2018 6:49:00 AM

I had the mini version. The first device I ordered didn't work at all and the second one broke down in four months.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this device for a month. I do notice a softening of my marionette lines around my mouth and chin, and a more lifted jaw line. I think that it is working and will continue to use it. My main concern are the lines and my hooded eyes and I am hopeful this will help. As with anything, surgery would be a more definite improvement, however, I am not willing to do that. The only downside to this is the time. It use it for about 5 minutes a day. Most time in the morning. I think that I can decrease to 5 times a week now, and that will continue to maintain the results. I am thinking of buying the eye attachment, because it is more targeted to the lines that I am trying to improve. I also use Retin-A, Viatmin C and niacinamide serums. I bought mine with a 20% off coupon through Dermstore, and used Ebates, so I saved about 75$.

on 2/10/2018 5:11:00 PM

I now have the Trinity Pro--and you actually can use aloe (I do), but you have to add salt for conduction (not much--add a little at a time because it liquefies the gel).

I bought the original (which ran of batteries) 10 years ago and loved it. I bought it because of had the natural facelift pulse therapies but couldn't afford the maintenance. I used it with the gel originally but didn't like it (too sticky and gross) so I just stuck my Norwegian comfort beauty balm. I loved the results but I kind of let it slip from my regime when I had a stressful job. I decided to buy the mini as my old one broke last year, and I noticed that my skin was getting saggy round the jaw line and my cheeks had lost volume. After researching youtube videos on how to do the advanced routine I recommenced the routine. This time round I'm getting more dramatic results but I've also been dermaplaning at home (every 3 weeks) and dermarolling (.5 twice a week)I have also just started using retinol (2.5%), followed by neals yard facial oil and my good old comfort balm. I slap all of that on and use the nu face on the third setting for 25 minutes a day. When i was getting this done professionally i was encouraged to use an oil as the currents force the products into the skin and I've seen great results, despite the manufacturers saying don't use oil. I'll also use coconut oil and avocado oil once a week and at 44 My skin is loving all of this attention and is glowing! I get compliments all of the time and wouldn't be without this amazing little gadget now.. viva at home salon treatments! I've saved myself a fortune! 25% tca peel in 2 weeks time 🤗🤗

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use a variety of face tools, including LED, infrared, micro-current, and ultrasound. This machine by far gives the most dramatic results, both temporarily and cumulatively. It has lifted my slightly scalloped 50 year old jawline, my eyelids, and I am even able to get away without Botox.. I have given a few as gifts, although those folks have not reported the same results as they use it very infrequently and not for the suggested time, or in the suggested manner. Compliance is the key here, and that means using a good gooey water-based gel that is re-hydrated with a toner throughout the session, and following the included diagrams to maximize muscle contraction.

My one critique is that the interchangeable small head, with skinny probes designed for use in the eye and mouth area, seems to be weaker than the chunky head even when at the highest setting.

on 10/27/2017 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't think I have sagging issues yet, as I am in my mid-20s but I've gained some weight and was hoping this would help with the dreaded tech neck/ double chin I've grown. I used this as indicated for three months and definitely saw a difference in how sculpted my face looked. I don't naturally have defined cheek bones and my face shape fluctuates between oblong when I'm healthy and round when I'm over weight. Since using this my friends have noticed my chin area is more defined (less of a double chin) and you can see a bit of definition under my cheekbones. I have to admit I've seen zero improvement around my eye lines and I refuse to shell out an additional $150 for the eye attachment. Also, I don't think this has done much of anything for the skin aside from the very temporary plumped look you get from the increased circulation immediately following treatment. This device targets the underlying muscle and I knew what to expect going into this. Although I am impressed by my chin and jaw area, I have stopped using this around my cheeks. This may seem like faulty logic to you, but since this device tones the underlying muscle I have seen a minor reduction in fat. On the one hand, it makes my face look more defined and thinner but on the other hand, face fat adds to the appearance of youth! I don't want to risk losing fat on the apples of my cheeks. For now, I'll use this device to tighten my jawline and stick to diet and exercise for the rest! (As an aside, I have not had a metal taste or seen flashing lights but I am very careful not to use this under the eye or on the lids without the special attachment).

on 7/23/2017 4:55:00 PM

I too experienced severe tooth sensitivity after using this. I did see improvement in my overall sagging and skin tone but had to discontinue use for that reason. Slowly the tooth pain began to subside after that. I guess that means at least it's doing something deep within, but what?

on 7/22/2017 9:43:00 AM

I'm too young to be using this but I just love beauty gadgets (I'm 30) and my cheeks are starting to sag, as they do. I'm going to return this product today, after a week of use.

I'm confused as to how this cleared the FDA. Several reviewers here have complained of stimulation of the optic nerve and facial twitches. I'll add something new to the pile. I had a filling in a molar 2 weeks before I started using this. A week after using NuFace, I started to experience tooth sensitivity so persistent and uncomfortable that my dentist and I thought I might need a root canal. It suddenly occurred to me that the sensitivity began with the NuFace. I discontinued use, and thankfully, my tooth nerve is slowly healing.

I've thought about trying to let my tooth heal completely and then go back to the device. But it's just too scary. If this is stimulating nerves BELOW my facial tissue and underneath other tissue, like my freaking gums, then this product can create medical complications that could be damaging. This is just too risky.

The Beauty Brains have pointed out that there's no scholarship or clinical trials to support any claims made about micro-currents and collagen/wrinkles. I've looked myself (I have a PhD) and can't find any. I think this product is preying on our insecurities in an unethical and potentially dangerous way.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have been using the mini and numerous tubes of the gel since March, I used it every day for 60 days with the 15 minute advanced treatment and have had small results in the chin area and the nose to mouth crease. I will continue to use it as I feel that the older you are the longer it will take to see any amount of results as your skin starts its decline in the late 30's and early 40's and I'm over 60. I have been out of the sun for 35 years as the sun is the worst for collagen and elasticity, but in my youth I did sun bathe a lot, it doesn't show up till your older. So I can't say its a miracle, but it helps along with retin A, retinols, peptides etc. I have been told I don't look my age, but who knows. I think it helps. Please ladies be realistic, how can it possible show instant results, the only thing that does that is plastic surgery or injectables or lasers.

on 11/19/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've been using the mini for almost 2 years. There was a point in time where I stopped for about 4 months, but then I realized that this thing was really helping and I needed to get back to it. I think it's important to keep the following in mind:

1. The gel is really important. You can't use just any old gel. It has to have an ingredient that conducts the current into your skin and it cannot have any oil in it or it won't work. Aloe will not work. I don't like the NuFace gel because it dries too quickly, so I use Acquasonic ultrasound gel, which is pretty cheap. I get it on ebay. Use a generous amount so you won't get any stinging.

2. The effects are temporary, but also cumulative. I felt more firm after the first use, and I saw a lifting after about 3 or 4 uses. For a long time I would get a lift, but it would be gone the next day. Not really a surprise. But now that I've been in it for the long haul, my skin is looking and feeling toned all the time.

3. Because the effects are temporary, I find that this works best in conjunction with face exercises. (I like the ones by Peta on youtube.) I've played around with doing only face exercise and with doing only NuFace, but I get much better results when I do both. I try to do both every day, but in reality I probably do them 5 times a week. It's definitely worth the time. If you want to see results, you have to put in the effort.

4. Pay attention to what you're doing. Follow the directions. You are working with muscles, so you have to use it the proper way to lift muscle. You can't just rub it on your face in any old way. I do the whole face and then spend extra time lifting around the cheekbones. If you lift the cheekbones, you'll pull up everything in the lower face.

5. This is something that you have to do on a regular basis if you want to see results. Now that I'm in my 50s, it takes more time to look good. I probably spend 20 minutes just on the combination of face exercises/NuFace/moisturizing, but it has been worth it and I see results. I am not interested in injections or surgery, but I want a natural, more youthful look and this is working for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools