Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A basic lovely muted brown. Wouldn't probably repurchase just because the color is nothing interesting. It's nice to have it for a no-brainer wash of sheer color. Very moisturizing.

on 5/28/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipstick color. Its really close to my natural lip color. I have dark skin and black hair and it looks great with my complexion. Its like a brownish-red like brick color and its great!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am rating this product based on its versatility and frequency of use compared to its price point, which isn't that expensive.
I am a yellow-olive NC30-C3 and this color isn't warm but rather, neutral on me, like a very dark nude/peach with brown tones. Like my lips but better. I can wear this color with every color of clothing and it still looks great with my skintone.
The smell doesn't bother me, like a vanilla-powdery playdoh; it's actually fine and compared to something like Revlon's Moon Drops, no worries. This Maybelline lipstick lasts longer on me because it is more drying and less moisturizing than their other formulas. I also like that because a least the base color will stay on my lips a long time. A definite "go to" color for me. I also love the classic Maybelline square packaging with silver accent- nice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the type of color I don't usually wear and normally wouldn't select, but I had been meaning to get a spice/cinnamon stick type color of lipstick for doing a different type of look. I saw others with similar coloring to mine use a color like this and thought it might work well. For reference I am tan, about NC42, but probably lighter now because it's winter and I'm using Retin-A.

COLOR: medium-dark, warm toned brown, VERY much like a cinnamon stick (they have a shade called 'Cinnamon Stick' but its a lot more red)
TEXTURE/FINISH: smooth, shiny but not glossy, and not flat like the pink shades I've tried in this line

It's very pigmented, you only need one swipe of this, otherwise it comes out too dark and heavy looking/feeling.

I was afraid of getting this because I was worried it would be too dark for me. The other shade I was thinking of getting instead was 'Tinted Taupe'. But in the end I got this because of the name (oh yea, like you never do =P), and because this looked a lot richer than 'Tinted Taupe' which appeared to be shimmery.

I won't be adding this into my regular lipstick rotation, but I'll be using it as a 'sometimes' lipstick. I probably won't repurchase because I doubt I'll finish it, and if I do - there's so many other things to try.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is gorgeous! Kind of a toffee/coffee color. It is a cream. But a rather drying cream. A very flattering shade for many skin tones I have no doubt. I've heard people gripe about the packaging. While it isn't Channel packaging - it seems fine to me for a drug store brand. Other than the dryness - the only other thing I can't seem to get past is the smell. While it isn't horrible - it certainly isn't pleasant either. I wish I could describe it better because Maybelline really needs to work on this. The closest I could come is "Wet plastic being made in a factory."

on 11/22/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The name is misleading. When I think of coffee colors, I think of browns not browned reds or pinks. This is brownish but it is reddish plum as well. It took me a while to get used to this color because I have nothing else like it. But, I do really like the way it looks on me. It brightens my face. The swatch on makeupalley doesn't look like it either. It's not a rusty, milk coffee color. It has some pink in it but a quiet, subdued pink.

I guess the shade is getting hard to find. I hardly ever find it stocked at Walmart and the slot is always empty. So, I had to get mine off of Ebay. Lucked out on it. It is a quite pretty shade but not a true brown. Concerning the universally flattering shade of brown everyone is talking about, I would loved to have seen a more brown color. But, brown obviously doesn't look good on everyone especially close to the face or on the face.

on 2/10/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Its a nice shade, BUT I hate the formula of these lipsticks. They feel thick and lipsticky, they dry my lips out almost as much as Mac satin lipsticks, and they fade ugly, accentuating every wrinkle in my lips.

DO NOT LIKE

Rimmel moisture lipsticks are better, NYX rounds lipsticks are better too, and Revlon's colorstay/colorburst lipsticks are better too. Wait.. Most drugstore lipsticks are better. Maybe my problem is I don't use gloss. But I don't like having that slimy smelly stuff on my lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that I own this lipstick. I never thought I would own another brown lipstick as I had come to the conclusion sometime in the mid-nineties that they looked like crap on me, and I was never going to waste my money on one again. But I checked out the link provided by the first reviewer to this color and was intrigued. And I'm happy to report that this color does not look like poop on my lip, and is actually a shade that would be really beautiful with with the kind of colors that I wear in the fall....rusts, oranges, browns, etc. It looks nice with my winter clothes too....might even look nice dabbed on really lightly with a tan in the summer. I'm not good at describing colors, but I think the way this mixes with the natural pink of my lips is what sets this apart from all other browns for me. Anywho, I'm pleased with this purchase, and don't feel like I wasted my money.